Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7211097 times)

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #28880 on: January 27, 2019, 03:21:52 PM »
It's layers of plastic.  He's not doing anything inappropriate.
Also: don't be weird.

Have you seen this forum? We are weird...

Mister Hassenpheffer

• Boss
    • 3D printouts?!
« Reply #28881 on: January 27, 2019, 06:35:34 PM »
well, if anything inappropriate is going on...

I'm convinced the "weird ones" will find some way to create it out of thin air...

lol "danger"

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28882 on: January 28, 2019, 06:48:55 AM »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #28883 on: January 28, 2019, 08:55:31 AM »
I'm very tired.  I want to see City of Heroes back some day.  I even resorted to playing the NES Friday the 13th the other day, of all things.

I agree with this, I want to go home. I have been reduced to playing XCom 2 and several games like it. Plus back to playing Final Fantasy.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28884 on: January 28, 2019, 10:26:24 AM »
It looks like my PnP Champions CoH campaign will soon see the light of day. It should be fun.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #28885 on: January 28, 2019, 02:31:42 PM »
I know I sound like a broken record, but for those that want to actively do something to see CoH live again, join in on the SEGs project.  Test, code, or just monitor their progress.  Considering this is an open source, volunteer movement, they have made tremendous progress.  Their Discord channel is where most of the real-time dialog happens, but if you download the Issue 0 client, and help test functionality, and post issues on their Github, it will help them achieve their goal (and ours) of having a playable form of CoH sooner, than later.  It has been a quite satisfying experience for me so far. 

They are interested in getting as many of the faithful involved as possible, to help in these things, so jump in!  Have a hand in making the dream live again!

Hopefully, the mods don't have an issue with my droning on about SEGs in this space. :-)
What was no more, is now reborn!

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28886 on: January 31, 2019, 02:31:06 AM »
I know I sound like a broken record, but for those that want to actively do something to see CoH live again, join in on the SEGs project.  Test, code, or just monitor their progress.  Considering this is an open source, volunteer movement, they have made tremendous progress.  Their Discord channel is where most of the real-time dialog happens, but if you download the Issue 0 client, and help test functionality, and post issues on their Github, it will help them achieve their goal (and ours) of having a playable form of CoH sooner, than later.  It has been a quite satisfying experience for me so far. 

They are interested in getting as many of the faithful involved as possible, to help in these things, so jump in!  Have a hand in making the dream live again!

Hopefully, the mods don't have an issue with my droning on about SEGs in this space. :-)
I wish I could contribute. I am broke, horrid at coding and too quiet for moral support. I am like a Magiccarp.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #28887 on: February 07, 2019, 02:15:56 PM »
It has been uncharacteristically (and unnervingly) quiet around here lately.  Hope this doesn't mean the last remaining embers of hope are dying out.  :-\
What was no more, is now reborn!

rezulin

• Minion
« Reply #28888 on: February 07, 2019, 03:54:24 PM »
The uncomfortable silence almost makes me wish Joshex was still here to stir things up.   Almost.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #28889 on: February 07, 2019, 08:16:45 PM »
It has been uncharacteristically (and unnervingly) quiet around here lately.  Hope this doesn't mean the last remaining embers of hope are dying out.  :-\

I agree that it is a bit quite around here. I think everyone is playing something while we wait. My hope is still burning strong :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28890 on: February 08, 2019, 12:30:25 AM »
The uncomfortable silence almost makes me wish Joshex was still here to stir things up.   Almost.

If I am not mistaken Joshex transcended into some kind of cosmic entity similar to Rularuu.

jessejame

• Underling
« Reply #28891 on: February 08, 2019, 09:07:46 AM »
Joshex, why does that name sound familiar?  On another note does anyone have any songs or bands they listened to while playing coh? Mine were Van Halen, Joe Walsh, Scorpions, and WASP to name a few. Brings back memories anytime I listen to them.

Golden Aurora

• Boss
« Reply #28892 on: February 08, 2019, 07:59:25 PM »

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28893 on: February 08, 2019, 08:35:58 PM »
Evidently CoT had a strong release on battleworld.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28894 on: February 09, 2019, 12:43:18 PM »
Sigh
Just... sigh

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #28895 on: February 09, 2019, 11:53:50 PM »
This thread needs more mayonnaise

mobbyg

• Minion
  • Ultra Knight Lives!!
« Reply #28896 on: February 10, 2019, 04:15:06 AM »

I don't mind myself, but I'm biased..  :P

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28897 on: February 11, 2019, 04:45:22 AM »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28898 on: February 15, 2019, 03:28:00 AM »
Joshex lives. Read and enjoy.
https://cityoftitans.com/forum/congratulations

That feels waaay too coincidental. Is Joshex really Candyman? You mention his name and he reappears?

His vacuous yet seemingly sincere declarations reminds me of Christian Michael Viola from the rec.arts.comics.* mailing lists of yesteryear.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #28899 on: February 17, 2019, 07:38:11 AM »

I'm not sure how many times I can post that I just want to play City of Heroes again before I die. But I'm still here, just not much to say until something new comes along.

I miss the game and I miss the people. Every time I read about a long time player who dies I am reminded that there was someone who didn't get to go home and that it could be any of us. I be depressed if I didn't take pills for that.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!