Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7212197 times)

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #13900 on: January 04, 2015, 05:08:46 AM »
Overall, my favorite move power was Flight, here, although Waddle had Super Jump, and Pistola was a Super Speed fiend.

Prism Almidu

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13901 on: January 04, 2015, 06:04:55 AM »
Flight. Absolutely flight. The screencap's not the greatest, but if you look closely, you'll see the dragon wings. Best back piece I've ever had in a game, they just flowed so well.

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13902 on: January 04, 2015, 06:45:08 AM »
Hands down SS. SJ is great, and I so fully love flight, but when it comes to stealth, nothing comes close when you've pared it with an IO stealth. I guess this comes from the perspective of a speed style player that likes to skip a lot of content they've done over and over :)
I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13903 on: January 04, 2015, 09:06:54 AM »
Not sure I can pick a favorite travel power...I loved them all!

Ban-Sidhe

• Underling
« Reply #13904 on: January 04, 2015, 01:52:34 PM »
For just getting around Flight. But the most fun? Super Jump. There's nothing like it in the other Superhero games. The closest is DCUO's super-speed, where you can run up the sides of buildings 😁

Balince

• Minion
« Reply #13905 on: January 04, 2015, 09:13:04 PM »
For just getting around Flight. But the most fun? Super Jump. There's nothing like it in the other Superhero games. The closest is DCUO's super-speed, where you can run up the sides of buildings 😁
Yeah, I feel nostalgic thinking about it. I would love to have that feeling back.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13906 on: January 04, 2015, 11:13:56 PM »

Flight was my favorite especially when it was time for the Shard TF's

Super Speed: fun except for potholes, craters, walls,......  when CoH does return and updates are possible, Super Speed must be rebuilt to allow for running up walls and buildings

Super Jump: always fun.

Teleport: forced to take when a Warshade or granite armor stone tank/brute.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13907 on: January 04, 2015, 11:49:12 PM »
Ninja run was a godsend if you were min/maxing something very power intensive, like a 'troller, or Arachnos character. Could sacrifice a travel power for that -little- something more.

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #13908 on: January 05, 2015, 12:04:43 AM »
Ninja run was a godsend if you were min/maxing something very power intensive, like a 'troller, or Arachnos character. Could sacrifice a travel power for that -little- something more.
With ninja run and some building, you could get close (maybe even to) the run speed hard cap.

umber

• Boss
    • My CoH Characters
« Reply #13909 on: January 05, 2015, 05:23:02 AM »
Dunno if Super Jump was my favorite power but its the only one that inevitably turned into its own mini-game, "the street is lava!"

Ryo Kinsaru

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13910 on: January 05, 2015, 06:56:05 AM »
Yeah, I feel nostalgic thinking about it. I would love to have that feeling back.

I thought I was weird because I could feel a good jump in my gut. Nice to know I wasn't alone!
I can't think of anything clever to place here as I am currently over-caffeinated on very little sleep. All the cool people have a signature, so I will drop random text here trying to fit in.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #13911 on: January 05, 2015, 07:07:19 AM »
While I really liked Fly... only one of my toons actually had fly. The rest of my toons all had ss/sj. Heck even my toon with fly had cj and ss. I usually would put a stealth IO in cj.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #13912 on: January 05, 2015, 07:34:55 AM »
Flight. Because it was cool to fly. I loved flying around the city!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13913 on: January 05, 2015, 08:51:39 AM »
I did experiment with the others, but Flight became my default travel-power choice, because it was the most practical. It offered better endurance use than Teleport; I didn't land in the middle of bad-guy groups, as with SJ; and, of course, it provided vertical mobility, which SS lacked in abundance. Plus, I could put in on autopilot when crossing zones, and I could stop in mid-air to assess a situation, or even park in mid-air when I needed a sort of "pause". All of those pluses, and the only real minus that they gave it was to make it the slowest, which didn't bother me.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

RogerWilco

• Lieutenant
  • The Adventurous Janitor
    • The Conclave - International Gaming Community
« Reply #13914 on: January 05, 2015, 10:18:28 AM »
I really liked Super Jump. I tried Champions Online, but their SJ isn't nearly as nice.

scope.creep

• Minion
« Reply #13915 on: January 05, 2015, 01:06:36 PM »
I remember my first character ever to level 14 took super jump. I spent a lot of time jumping up ledge to ledge to get to the tops of the buildings in Steel Canyon. That was fun for a while, but my second character to 14 is the one that hooked me: super speed. I spent the entire rest of that evening zipping around SC cackling like a mad thing.

Even today (mids-playing, still) SS is my goto unless a concept requires flight or something else. Given combat jumping -- as either a +recharge mule or actually trying to squeeze out a bit more defense -- there were few places to which I couldn't get. The shadow shard was annoying, but that's why they sold temporary flight packs in there.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #13916 on: January 05, 2015, 05:21:13 PM »

Oh man, that was seriously my favorite part of DCUO when I played (for like a week, haha). Super speed up the side of a building... wheeeee!!
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #13917 on: January 05, 2015, 05:31:19 PM »
Oh man, that was seriously my favorite part of DCUO when I played (for like a week, haha). Super speed up the side of a building... wheeeee!!

For me it was the acrobatics movement. It wasn't as intense as CoH's super jump, or even the super speed in DCUO, but it's still the most fun movement mode. It was one of the reasons I actually stuck with DCUO for a little while.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Ban-Sidhe

• Underling
« Reply #13918 on: January 05, 2015, 06:37:34 PM »
Well, nothing beat Jumping from rooftop to rooftop (Especially in Cap) But there was always that nagging thought at the back of your mind. Am I going to embarrass myself by missing that next rooftop? Or, while leaping from skyscraper to skyscraper... "This is really gonna hurt if I miss" 😃

Not that anyone ever did that... No sirree. No. Never happened. Ever. Never missed a rooftop. No. Only heroes do that. Super villain assassins never make such rookie mistakes... No 😅

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13919 on: January 05, 2015, 08:23:00 PM »
My first high-level toon had SS plus SJ, which is a really decent combo! But after hitting the shadow shard and realizing I was never going to master those gravity geysers I respec'd into fly. After hitting 50 on that one I rolled a Warshade, and I pretty much used Teleport on everything after that. It takes a little practice, but once mastered (and slotted a little) it's the fastest travel in the game. The control/mouse_click bind is essential to success. And while you are prone to tele-plummet, get hover. Even after learning to love Teleport, I still usually picked up SS on my characters anyway, since one can drop a stealth I/O in there and get full invisibility plus fast running (all with no additional slots needed).