Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210344 times)

Stealth Dart

• Boss
  • Martial Artists kick butt with style
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #13620 on: December 05, 2014, 10:53:14 PM »
 :-X
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 01:05:01 PM by Stealth Dart »
I am a dancer, a leaf in the wind...a leaf that can kick your Butt!

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13621 on: December 05, 2014, 10:59:22 PM »
For the folks who don't browse outside the hot topic threads very often, I just want to point out something that was posted earlier today. It's a gorgeous new winter map that you can use in Icon:

Want to make some new COH videos or greeting cards for the holidays, but don't want to use the Ski Chalet as your location again? Tim The Enchanter has put together a new map that you can use in Titan Icon. Here's a preview of what it looks like:

(snip - see the thread for setup instructions)

Happy Winter 2014!

The original thread has setup instructions. Enjoy!

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13622 on: December 05, 2014, 11:11:07 PM »
Thanks for the tip!   :)

...and download complete!  Will install tonight when I get home.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13623 on: December 06, 2014, 12:24:57 AM »
Do you mean the Magi Trial?  BAF's were fairly common for Itrials.  Magi was the only one that I saw with people asking for the 50+3 requirement.  Since you have to have Destiny/Lore and Alpha all unlocked You needed all of the level and incarnate shifts to complete it successfully especially if you wanted the master badge.  Having done some MAGI farms towards the end to get myself and others an unlocked hybrid slot, it was frustrating to que up the trial only to be stymied because someone did not have all their necessary slots unlocked.  Then you would have to go down through the league and find out who did not have it.  It was probably just easier to make the +3 requirement and not have to worry about it.  Kicking someone off for not having the necessary requirement usually led to someone else who played with them dropping out also and then you having to delay the trial que till you could recruit more to replace them.  Which usually led to even more dropping out due to the delay.  Oh the joys of herding cats.   ;D

Spoiler for Hidden:

The Magi trial is one thing, since yes you had to have the slots.  But then for every other trial no, there were no requirements, and a few had some shifted enemies but even those were not anywhere near as hard as some people made them seem, 90% of the time a sore lack of backbone(buffs and debuffs) were the main weakness of the league.  It was more an annoyance with people wanting to get all the badges who had a very narrow mindset of level shift being the only way to really do even the lower level trials :S.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #13624 on: December 06, 2014, 02:42:34 AM »
That's a beautiful map, but it doesn't work with /popmenu, you have to F1 and type it in. Still though, I hope it finds it's way into the APR!
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Stealth Dart

• Boss
  • Martial Artists kick butt with style
« Reply #13625 on: December 06, 2014, 09:19:23 AM »
 :-X
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 01:05:40 PM by Stealth Dart »
I am a dancer, a leaf in the wind...a leaf that can kick your Butt!

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13626 on: December 06, 2014, 10:50:01 AM »
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13627 on: December 06, 2014, 12:26:11 PM »
The BAF was my favorite iTrial, and I think it was mainly due to the Prisoner Escape section in the middle.  Reminded me of a Tower Defense game, with all the players as the towers.  For that reason, I loved it even more with characters who had location-targeted powers and/or additional pets (like my Bots/Storm MM, Stone/Ice Dom, and Grav/Elec Dom).  I was looking forward to trying it with my Thugs/Traps MM, but I didn't get him to 50 in time.

Surelle

« Reply #13628 on: December 06, 2014, 01:54:45 PM »
For the folks who don't browse outside the hot topic threads very often, I just want to point out something that was posted earlier today. It's a gorgeous new winter map that you can use in Icon:

Wow!!  That looks amazing!  Totally cool beans and made my day.  Thanks for pointing this out, and a big thanks to Leandro for doing this, and for never giving up!   8)

PsiBug

• Minion
  • Hi everybuggy!
« Reply #13629 on: December 07, 2014, 03:57:32 PM »

((Quote from: Leandro on December 05, 2014, 05:25:05 pm
    Want to make some new COH videos or greeting cards for the holidays, but don't want to use the Ski Chalet as your location again? Tim The Enchanter has put together a new map that you can use in Titan Icon. Here's a preview of what it looks like:
    (snip - see the thread for setup instructions)

Happy Winter 2014!))

The original thread has setup instructions. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing that!

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #13630 on: December 07, 2014, 07:06:03 PM »
That's a beautiful map, but it doesn't work with /popmenu, you have to F1 and type it in. Still though, I hope it finds it's way into the APR!

I should prolly actually take a look at this... I've been so busy working on Revival, i haven't gotten around to checking it out.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #13631 on: December 07, 2014, 08:04:44 PM »
I should prolly actually take a look at this... I've been so busy working on Revival, i haven't gotten around to checking it out.
I cannot wait to see what you do for Croatoa :D
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Prism Almidu

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13632 on: December 08, 2014, 12:35:26 AM »
As a short aside, would anyone know where I can find Dominatrix's old bio? Wanted to show a friend, for the fun of seeing their reaction, but Google seems to think I want something else...

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #13633 on: December 08, 2014, 03:07:23 AM »
As a short aside, would anyone know where I can find Dominatrix's old bio? Wanted to show a friend, for the fun of seeing their reaction, but Google seems to think I want something else...
have you checked the paragonwiki?

Prism Almidu

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13634 on: December 08, 2014, 03:16:51 AM »
have you checked the paragonwiki?

Oh, you're right, it is in there, thanks!

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #13635 on: December 08, 2014, 03:32:16 AM »
Oh, you're right, it is in there, thanks!
your welcome :)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #13636 on: December 08, 2014, 03:54:19 AM »

Glad you found it, but I'm curious... what part were you looking for? The "all capacities" bit?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13637 on: December 08, 2014, 09:19:39 AM »
Oh....just started watching Big Bang Theory for the first time this month and was pleased to see all the COX posters and such popping up.   I remember hearing about it on the old forums.   Really cool.

Prism Almidu

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13638 on: December 08, 2014, 11:33:41 AM »
Glad you found it, but I'm curious... what part were you looking for? The "all capacities" bit?

Pretty much :P

robo40

• Minion
« Reply #13639 on: December 10, 2014, 06:20:49 PM »
I think it shows the versatility and appeal of COH that I largely solo'd incarnate with Dark Astoria content, and enjoyed it.  I mostly settled for 50+1, if you really wanted to max out you probably did need to do the itrials.  But the DA arcs were fun, and there are a decent number of people who didn't enjoy the mass carnage of the trials.  They felt a lot less heroic than the rest of the content, which seems counter-intuitive.  Not saying that's right or wrong, only that COH was played and enjoyed in a great variety of ways.  Pretty sure I'm not clueless, and I know I'm not trying to stop anyone from making progress.  ;)  As for the slow rewards, I was leveling so many toons it didn't really matter to me.

Anyone saying the solo path for incarnates was viable is hopelessly clueless or just wants to keep anyone from ever making any progress on the incarnate path entirely.  When you actually look at how slow the reward gains were you'd be rather surprised, shocked and disappointed.  I think the max was one empyrean merit per week, so thats over 8 weeks for a rare component not to mention the thread drop rate was way to slow.  You needed 60 threads for a tier ONE abilities and many more for a tier 2, so it was outright impractical to do so.  If we get the game back i'd recommend first thing to patch was the solo path, make it a bit more viable if possible.

Edit: Made my post a little less hostile towards those who think the solo path was doable.  Will add this though;

When the Itrials reward 100x more in only 30 minutes to an hour than a solo path somethings off :S.