Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210554 times)

BraveStar

• Lieutenant
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #8720 on: August 13, 2014, 04:34:38 PM »
UPDATE

I did contact the team yesterday and got this reply back:

Things are moving along. We should have things worth showing fairly soon, made a great leap forward yesterday.

The thing is while it is quiet here - work is being done behind the scenes.

Thank you, Ironwolf!

Nealix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8721 on: August 13, 2014, 04:34:56 PM »
I am day dreaming about playing CoH again more and more lately.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8722 on: August 13, 2014, 04:46:04 PM »
I don't think it's something for us, but rather the work to show NCSoft that they are capable of handling the game and looking after the name.

Agreed.  Regardless of non-disclosure agreements it could be ugly, boring or distracting from the primary goal:  quietly and competently get the game going.

...then crush all heroes in Paragon City.

I would really like to run a Mayhem Mission....

Des_Tructive

• Lieutenant
  • SLAP!
    • Meta - Superhuman Covert Ops (german)
« Reply #8723 on: August 13, 2014, 04:53:29 PM »
Damn I miss playing my dark/storm/mako. I used dark blue and light red for the dark for the color tint so when you shoot gloom it's feels psychedelic and with water spout and 2 tornado active you just see complete chaos xD
Seems like we ran the same builds :D 9+ "pets" to put MMs to shame.
CoX: @DeS Tructive
TSW: BloodyCarrie; HrFaust; TheContact

skoogmik

• Minion
« Reply #8724 on: August 13, 2014, 04:53:49 PM »
Agreed.  Regardless of non-disclosure agreements it could be ugly, boring or distracting from the primary goal:  quietly and competently get the game going.

...then crush all heroes in Paragon City.

I would really like to run a Mayhem Mission....

duane, the forum ranks you as a minion (for making 20 posts), but I've rated you as a Mastermind. ;)

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8725 on: August 13, 2014, 04:55:38 PM »
Seems like we ran the same builds :D 9+ "pets" to put MMs to shame.

Heh I rmember the hardest thing on that build was to find that proc that converted knockback to knockup to tornadoes would act like waterspouts xD. I guess remaking that character is on my list of things to do

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #8726 on: August 13, 2014, 05:04:13 PM »
... I for one, recommend (when the game is live & ready to play) that the devs put up a statue of Ironwolf in AP for his heroic efforts in getting our game back!!!! ;D
He deserves a whole damn trial... "You have earned the Ironwolf badge"
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #8727 on: August 13, 2014, 05:04:35 PM »
UPDATE[/b

Things are moving along. We should have things worth showing fairly soon, made a great leap forward yesterday.

GO GO GO Arcanatime and the Cottage Rulers!

(Doc Quantum?)
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

lotus

• Underling
  • Bring back City of Heroes!
« Reply #8728 on: August 13, 2014, 05:18:48 PM »
I would gladly leave my current game to come back to this one. Even sweeter if we can get Issue 24 as well. Keep up the good work! I need to either get back on my old scrappers or on new ones.

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #8729 on: August 13, 2014, 05:36:47 PM »
At this point this is how I feel

this is how i feel too lol
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

WildThyme

• Underling
« Reply #8730 on: August 13, 2014, 05:38:23 PM »
Is there a pay place set up where we can donate to the cause?
@WildThyme - Virtue

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8731 on: August 13, 2014, 05:40:13 PM »
No.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

damienray

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8732 on: August 13, 2014, 05:42:09 PM »
A huge thanks to Ironwolf (the Catalyst and Reporter Extraordinaire) and the Devs-To-Be for not giving up!

A badge for Ironwolf... the "CaRE" badge.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #8733 on: August 13, 2014, 05:49:01 PM »
UPDATE

I did contact the team yesterday and got this reply back:

The thing is while it is quiet here - work is being done behind the scenes.
Awesome news :) thank you Wolf for relaying to us what the devs have said.

I tried to put in my cc into what I thought was a cc reader it did not work, when this game comes back I have a lot of money to spend.
One day soon this Phoenix will fly once again.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #8734 on: August 13, 2014, 05:50:36 PM »
GO GO GO Arcanatime and the Cottage Rulers!

(Doc Quantum?)
Don't you mean Go Go Power Rangers? :D

I miss the f10 ready, than me saying its morphen time :D

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8735 on: August 13, 2014, 05:50:58 PM »
So far there is no need for money. The team is working to prove technical competence and once that is finished they will be working through on making the deal to acquire the game. No other group outside of the first effort with the Paragon Studios has gotten this far.

They were already running the game so competence was a no brainer. I don't know what the project does that this team is working on. It may be taking the original game and reverse engineeering it to get it running or some other display that NCSoft wants to see.

It could be a number of things not only game related. Remember running a game is a multipronged task, with websites, accounting, public relations, banking, development, supervision, servers, data administration, GM's for support. It might not be just a simple - code this and you guys are good sort of thing. NCSoft has to feel this team can run the game and do so in a manner that doesn't reflect poorly on NCSoft.

It is to OUR benefit that this is true as well!

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #8736 on: August 13, 2014, 05:55:30 PM »
So far there is no need for money. The team is working to prove technical competence and once that is finished they will be working through on making the deal to acquire the game. No other group outside of the first effort with the Paragon Studios has gotten this far.

They were already running the game so competence was a no brainer. I don't know what the project does that this team is working on. It may be taking the original game and reverse engineeering it to get it running or some other display that NCSoft wants to see.

It could be a number of things not only game related. Remember running a game is a multipronged task, with websites, accounting, public relations, banking, development, supervision, servers, data administration, GM's for support. It might not be just a simple - code this and you guys are good sort of thing. NCSoft has to feel this team can run the game and do so in a manner that doesn't reflect poorly on NCSoft.

That's cool to hear they are running the game, did they have to do a lot of repair on the image? It is ok if you can't answer this question it is enough for me to know they are running it.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #8737 on: August 13, 2014, 06:06:23 PM »
That's not even close to what he said...

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #8738 on: August 13, 2014, 06:09:05 PM »
That's not even close to what he said...
I know I remember a earlier post saying the image was in bad shape. I do not remember when he posted that, when he just posted that they have it running I was wondering if the image was repaired. :)

Johnny Joy Bringer

• Minion
  • AP 33 /e holdtorch
« Reply #8739 on: August 13, 2014, 06:12:00 PM »

Great news, and thanks for the updates! We're hanging on your every word.

Also, if you are in communications with those working on a deal, please pass our thanks and support.

If something is worth wanting, it's worth waiting for ... except chocolate.