Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7211066 times)

Deadflame2

• Not quite as dead as Deadflame1
  • Lieutenant
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #8600 on: August 12, 2014, 05:16:07 PM »
It is what i do exactly sift through pages just to find Ironwolf's posts. I wish there was some kind of feature on this website to suscribe to a partcular person's post on a particular thread. That be so nice.

Learn to use the forum.  There is nothing stopping you from clicking on IronWolf's name and then clicking on the option to view just his posts.  You're whining simply for the sake of whining.  The first post is the only one that matters.  It is you who is adding importance to the other posts in this thread.  Perhaps a repeat might help it sink in.  You only need to read the first post in this thread.  Nothing else is relevant as IronWolf will update the first post with any new information.
Reminder: No game = No data, no characters...nothing.  However, no data/characters != No game.

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8601 on: August 12, 2014, 05:20:55 PM »
You must be ill. Do you see me commenting in the last hundred pages? No so your statement right there is ill-stated. FYI this isn't a thread for misc topics. It is a thread of future talks of the game and plans for the future. People are talking about what page number they think can be acheived because irrelevent topics are flowing like water here. I'm not the only who stated such things. if you go back a couple of oh idk 50+ pages perhaps you'll see a few folks with the same concern.

You are correct I am ill. Obliviously I am so ill I can't conceive of a function to do something that is bothering myself instead of looking like a jack wagon and rain on other people's fun. Only if there was like a ignore function where I can sit in my corner and just filter the information I want. Wouldn't that be nice to have?

Look at the thread, even the moderators and admin are having fun. This thread isn't just for bringing back the game, but it also shows the excitement and fun the community has. The conversation in this thread, all the misc stuff you think are not needed is actually what the broadcast channel would look like in AP if this game was live. So in a sudo fashion, this thread shows that even without the game as a medium, we are keeping its spirit alive. Again use the ignore function if you don't like to see the crap (like in game you don't want to see crap on broadcast, there is a ignore function.) When moderators and admin join in the fun and don't tell people to stay on topic, go with the flow. But then again, like you said, I am ill for thinking this logically.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:36:54 PM by MM3squints »

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #8602 on: August 12, 2014, 05:29:31 PM »
You must be ill. Do you see me commenting in the last hundred pages? No so your statement right there is ill-stated. FYI this isn't a thread for misc topics. It is a thread of future talks of the game and plans for the future. People are talking about what page number they think can be acheived because irrelevent topics are flowing like water here. I'm not the only who stated such things. if you go back a couple of oh idk 50+ pages perhaps you'll see a few folks with the same concern.

It's called "fun". You should try it some time  ;D
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Shadowe

• Boss
  • Just don't tell Manticore...
« Reply #8603 on: August 12, 2014, 05:29:45 PM »
If you take exception to a post (this is directed at both sides) report to moderator and move on.

Oh, and bad pun revival:

I went to a bar and met a lovely girl who told me she was a vegetarian. I was surprised I'd never met herbivore.
The wisdom of Shadowe: Ghostraptor: The Shadowe is wise ...; FFM: Shadowe is no longer wise. ; Techbot_Alpha: Also, what Shadowe said. It seems he is still somewhat wise ; Bull Throttle: Shadowe was unwise in this instance...; Rock_Powerfist: in this instance Shadowe is wise.; Techbot_Alpha: Shadowe is very wise *nods*; Zortel: *Quotable line about Shadowe being wise goes here.* FFM: I think you're mostly wise in this instance, apart from one part.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8604 on: August 12, 2014, 05:30:03 PM »
The extra talk is just letting off steam and showing that people are engaged. They want to be part of things and if you ever used the old forums this sort of wandering thread is exactly what used to happen.

The community remains the same here as in the old game. When things are tense people get a bit over the top - but mostly things are civil and calm. Please don't invent drama, we have tons of real drama right here. A game long closed by owners notoriously stubborn to part ways with past IP - has been approached and in short order they have agreed on a price, sent the deal through to the last guy and NCSoft is doing the final due diligence of making sure the games future is in good hands.

That is pretty dramatic to me, so I don't need any trantrums or footstomping to add to what is happening.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8605 on: August 12, 2014, 05:39:21 PM »
It is what i do exactly sift through pages just to find Ironwolf's posts. I wish there was some kind of feature on this website to suscribe to a partcular person's post on a particular thread. That be so nice.

To get Ironwolf's most-recent post - and, in fact, his EVERY post:

1. Log in.
2. Go to page 1, and click on Ironwolf's name beside the first post.
3. When his profile summary comes up, on the left-hand side of the page, click on SHOW POSTS.
4. His most-recent post will be shown first.

We now return you to our regularly-scheduled food discussions, already in progress.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8606 on: August 12, 2014, 05:43:10 PM »
To get Ironwolf's most-recent post - and, in fact, his EVERY post:

1. Log in.
2. Go to page 1, and click on Ironwolf's name beside the first post.
3. When his profile summary comes up, on the left-hand side of the page, click on SHOW POSTS.
4. His most-recent post will be shown first.

We now return you to our regularly-scheduled food discussions, already in progress.

Thank you.  This may seem obvious to the veterans but the lurkers and noobs are taken to the of the thread and not the beginning and would never know to go to beginning as normally in a forum post #1 would be the most ancient of news.

More news on potato chips, Oreos and wasabi food, please!

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8607 on: August 12, 2014, 05:45:23 PM »
Thank you.  This may seem obvious to the veterans but the lurkers and noobs are taken to the of the thread and not the beginning and would never know to go to beginning as normally in a forum post #1 would be the most ancient of news.

More news on potato chips, Oreos and wasabi food, please!

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8608 on: August 12, 2014, 05:51:48 PM »
You are correct I am ill. Obliviously I am so ill I can't convenience of a function to do something that is bothering myself instead of looking like a jack wagon and rain on other people's fun. Only if there was like a ignore function where I can sit in my corner and just filter the information I want. Wouldn't that be nice to have?

Look at the thread, even the moderators and admin are having fun. This thread isn't just for bringing back the game, but it also shows the excitement and fun the community has. The conversation in this thread, all the misc stuff you think are not needed is actually what the broadcast channel would look like in AP if this game was live. So in a sudo fashion, this thread shows that even without the game as a medium, we are keeping its spirit alive. Again use the ignore function if you don't like to see the crap (like in game you don't want to see crap on broadcast, there is a ignore function.) When moderators and admin join in the fun and don't tell people to stay on topic, go with the flow. But then again, like you said, I am ill for thinking this logically.

Yes ill indeed. You yourself make yourself look like a jack wagon. Perhaps if reading comprehension was your strong suit. I never commented on misc topics. I never that my opionion was superior over others. Never stated that in the least. What I wrote was a suggestion. Of course people can ignore it otherwise. Think before insulting others. And acting like a child shooting off child like statesments are the worst.

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8609 on: August 12, 2014, 05:58:47 PM »
And what am I to ignore? a particular user? If I have no ill will towards somebody why would I block them? thats a stupid way to get what you are trying to get to. And thanks to others who posted a workable solution. Not that I was not aware of doing that. Don't mean to rain on anyone's perade.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #8610 on: August 12, 2014, 06:00:42 PM »
The extra talk is just letting off steam and showing that people are engaged. They want to be part of things and if you ever used the old forums this sort of wandering thread is exactly what used to happen.

The community remains the same here as in the old game. When things are tense people get a bit over the top - but mostly things are civil and calm. Please don't invent drama, we have tons of real drama right here. A game long closed by owners notoriously stubborn to part ways with past IP - has been approached and in short order they have agreed on a price, sent the deal through to the last guy and NCSoft is doing the final due diligence of making sure the games future is in good hands.

That is pretty dramatic to me, so I don't need any trantrums or footstomping to add to what is happening.
I agree with wolf, it is way to convey how we (im am sorry for talking about others) feel in-between information about what is going on. I only had a minor presence on the old forums , and in a way I feel as though I am apart of the community :).
I don't feel people are detracting what Wolf is posting it is a way to think of something else while the team is busy doing the project for NcSoft.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8611 on: August 12, 2014, 06:01:42 PM »

Wow. One cookie like that would take up an entire row in a three-row package tray, so you'd only get three cookies per package. Good thing, too; just looking at that spiked my blood sugar.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #8612 on: August 12, 2014, 06:02:31 PM »

awwww :( and Im allergic to chocolate :( I do like the vanilla flavored Oreos though :D
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8613 on: August 12, 2014, 06:06:36 PM »
Yes ill indeed. You yourself make yourself look like a jack wagon. Perhaps if reading comprehension was your strong suit. I never commented on misc topics. I never that my opionion was superior over others.

Hmmm...

Why can't you people make a new thread to talk about food? You people are just taking up space and forcing people to read through hundreds of pages just to find important information. Then you wonder why people come in here wondering what info is what and someone stupidly answers go to page one.. I think people should stop rattling and cool off. The next information to hit the page should be from ironwolf and what is going on with the team. Too many topics here could be created and talked about somewhere else. To have people who don't come here often come back and sift through 30+ pages isn't fair to anyone. Just my 2cents here.

Whatever I'm just tired of hearing you people talk about nothing. What have I contributed? What have you? I like to come to this page and see real information on the project. I have an opinion here as everyone else. My 2 cents remain.

Damn my reading comprehension really must suck if I can bring these quotes of you committing on misc conversations like this. Egg on my face! You're not showing your superior over others,  ya you really showed that in the second quote where you say "What have I contributed? What have you?" Naw that doesn't sound superior in any fashion. Calling someone ill for calling you out, that can't be a sense of superiority. Start of this thread where you say my reading comp sucks, naw not a hint of thinking you are superior.

Never stated that in the least. What I wrote was a suggestion. Of course people can ignore it otherwise. Think before insulting others. And acting like a child shooting off child like statesments are the worst.

If I recall your the one that called me ill. I was posing a question to you because it did come off very hypocritical: (there is this magical function called search where I am pulling all of these)

Whatever I'm just tired of hearing you people talk about nothing. What have I contributed? What have you? I like to come to this page and see real information on the project. I have an opinion here as everyone else. My 2 cents remain.

So you want to suppress other people's opinion on the miscellaneous topic, but want your opinions on miscellaneous topic to be recognized?

Probably you should take your own advice before telling others to use it.

And what am I to ignore? a particular user? If I have no ill will towards somebody why would I block them? thats a stupid way to get what you are trying to get to. And thanks to others who posted a workable solution. Not that I was not aware of doing that. Don't mean to rain on anyone's perade.

Only if my reading comp was up to your level then I can see instruction on how to look for Ironwolfs post was stated, and also quoted.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:14:16 PM by MM3squints »

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8614 on: August 12, 2014, 06:10:08 PM »

When I figure out how to post a pic... It will be Lumpy Space Princess saying "oh my glob!"

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8615 on: August 12, 2014, 06:12:26 PM »
Hmmm...

Damn my reading comprehension really must suck if I can bring these quotes of you committing on misc conversations like this. Egg on my face! You not being not being superior over others,  ya you really showed that in the second quote where you say "What have I contributed? What have you?" Naw that doesn't sound superior in any fashion. Calling someone ill for calling you out, that can't be a sense of superiority. Start of this thread where you say my reading comp sucks, naw not a hint of thinking you are superior.

If I recall your the one that called me ill. I was posing a question to you because it did come off very hypocritical: (there is this magical function called search where I am pulling all of these)

So you want to suppress other people's opinion on the miscellaneous topic, but want your opinions on miscellaneous topic to be recognized?

Probably you should take your own advice before telling others to use it.

Only if my reading comp was up to your level then I can see instruction on how to look for Ironwolfs post was stated, and also quoted.

You questioning me in the first place on what I have contributed made me repute my statement right back at ya. Think again if you think you can clown me. I was quoting on topics in general. Perhaps if you read my most recent replies you could have noted that.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8616 on: August 12, 2014, 06:18:57 PM »
Do we need to have some deleted comments?

I get it that folks are a bit tense waiting - but waiting in this case is good. Waiting means things are still going towards the sale. Please don't let excitement and frustration towards the sale - become anger towards others here. We are all wanting the same thing - the return of our home.

So please edit your own posts if they were over the line.

Deadflame2

• Not quite as dead as Deadflame1
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #8617 on: August 12, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »
You questioning me in the first place on what I have contributed made me repute my statement right back at ya. Think again if you think you can clown me. I was quoting on topics in general. Perhaps if you read my most recent replies you could have noted that.

Most people don't care to read past your ill-directed snarkiness.
Reminder: No game = No data, no characters...nothing.  However, no data/characters != No game.

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8618 on: August 12, 2014, 06:24:58 PM »
Most people don't care to read past your ill-directed snarkiness.

That's your opinion. And likewise.

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #8619 on: August 12, 2014, 06:27:45 PM »

If I didn't have diabetes before looking at that, I do now.

Which reminds me, once we get the game back, I'm gonna need to stock up on video-making snack food because I'm not going to be leaving my computer for about a week and a half. I wonder if I can put a pantry or something under my desk... along with a mini-fridge. Yeah.

BTW, Ironwolf, at some point I'll be bugging you for getting me one of your characters so I can put you in a vid. Hopefully the one I REALLY want to make once the news breaks the game is ours again.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com