Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7293240 times)

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #3840 on: July 08, 2014, 07:52:54 PM »

My wager? Even if a "free 50" was NOT offered if/when the game goes live, there will be a level 50 standing in Atlas Park within the day the servers go live.

Count on it.
Of course. And it will be me. Even if I have to take the day off work for it. Because I need my filming character. Granted, it'll take two days to make her a vigilante so she can film both sides of the fence, but nothing's perfect.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #3841 on: July 08, 2014, 07:56:07 PM »
Of course. And it will be me. Even if I have to take the day off work for it. Because I need my filming character. Granted, it'll take two days to make her a vigilante so she can film both sides of the fence, but nothing's perfect.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

Maybe I should have upped the wager and said "there will be at least 100 level 50s"....lol

Seriously though... Yeah, I don't think everyone having a 50 right away will be the source of any game-breaking problems.
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #3842 on: July 08, 2014, 08:00:58 PM »
My suspicion related to Sentinel was due to the change in attitude about "needs of the majority rules".   I saw it again a couple of pages back....a small minority might hack them so that means the majority can't use them.
I'm sorry, but this stubborn "onoes, it's possible to hack them so someone will!" fearmongering is only good for one thing: making me laugh. Capability does not equal motive.
I'll spell it out for you:
You have no idea what is used the generate the checksum. You have no idea how it's processed before generating the checksum. You have no idea what is added to it before generating the checksum. You have no idea what formula is used to generate the checksum. Nobody is capable of generating a valid checksum for any S+ file under those circumstances (and if someone did, they would have far more lucrative uses for the basis for such a capability).
That only people who would have the know-how as to how the S+ checksums are produced amounts to GuyPerfect (aka: the man who developed S+ to begin with) and maybe a handful of other people who may have had access to S+ source code  (Codewalker, perhaps, and I'm not sure anyone else did).

Sorry, but insisting that you expect them to muck with their own Sentinel exports just to gain an unfair advantage is, frankly, insane. :)
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #3843 on: July 08, 2014, 08:06:02 PM »
A lot of what we know comes from the two lore Q&As that  the devs have done - http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,9602.0.html

There are three, now. I'm working on sorting the questions - the wiki page (http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA) is good, but doesn't have a nice way to find all questions about, say, Malta. The tentative categories are here: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted People should look and see if the categories I've made are good so far.

Would it be a way to reduce costs to just keep these forums as "the official forums"?

Eeeewww. That's my reaction anyways. Things get messy when a studio leaves "official" forums in the hands of a third party. Not to mention that there would some loss of autonomy for the Titan team, which would be bad in the event that the game shut down again.

I just saw my title...LOL

Well played.
I am just what my title says Stubborn as an Elite Boss.

How do you get these titles?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Wyrm

• Stop Dragon My Heart Around
  • Boss
« Reply #3844 on: July 08, 2014, 08:09:45 PM »
I wasn't referring to the people who are saddened at the possibly would could not get our characters back, but the few people I've read in the last several dozen pages that think they are automatically entitled to it and that without everything they would refuse to play again.
It's not so bad here as it is in other forums. ;)

I think I'm going to start trying harder to avoid letting my old forum persona re-emerge and just enjoy all the possibilities in front of me.  If I get the game back in whatever form, I'll be happy.  Happier with my characters as I left them?  Probably. 

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3845 on: July 08, 2014, 08:10:15 PM »
They are bestowed upon you by the Mods.

They work in mysterious ways.

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #3846 on: July 08, 2014, 08:10:58 PM »

I believe it's a forum admin that randomly changes them as they see fit for everyone's personal enjoyment.

Better watch out... you might acquire one soon! :P

EDIT:

What he said.
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #3847 on: July 08, 2014, 08:13:17 PM »
In truth I was considering it from the griefing standpoint - can you tell I play online games?

Some idiot doing stuff and people thinking it was me - I do enough stupid things on my own.
Someone once said: Nobody makes a fool of me... but myself alone. XD
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

gypsyav

• Boss
« Reply #3848 on: July 08, 2014, 08:21:17 PM »

So, how did you get your title?
Imagination is the seed of intelligence. Nourish it and watch it grow.

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3849 on: July 08, 2014, 08:24:08 PM »
So, how did you get your title?

Some of us by being a PITA, right AlienOne!
I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #3850 on: July 08, 2014, 08:25:14 PM »

I was wondering that myself. It seems like "Hmm...What would be funny?"
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3851 on: July 08, 2014, 08:35:29 PM »
Not everyone wants their characters back for their level or what they were slotted with. What matters to me is my characters stories. I can incorporate a loss of power into their stories, no big deal. It's the costumes I may never be able to recreate that I'd miss most.

We'll be satisfied with what they give us and we'll like it! Or else they'll take the game away from us again. Oh please lord not that! Anything but that! We'll spank the greedy ones for you, you'll see!

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #3852 on: July 08, 2014, 08:36:08 PM »
I was wondering that myself. It seems like "Hmm...What would be funny?"

Yeah, pretty much....haha

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3853 on: July 08, 2014, 08:36:19 PM »
We'll be satisfied with what they give us and we'll like it! Or else they'll take the game away from us again. Oh please lord not that! Anything but that! We'll spank the greedy ones for you, you'll see!

Me first!

Serpine

• Biting Commentarian
  • Boss
  • Telegram force and ready
« Reply #3854 on: July 08, 2014, 08:39:02 PM »
We'll spank the greedy ones for you, you'll see!
Now we see the violence inherent in the system. :)
Guns don't kill people, meerkats do.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3855 on: July 08, 2014, 08:40:43 PM »
I plan to take my time and get a 50 by the end of the first week.

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3856 on: July 08, 2014, 08:42:59 PM »
I plan to take my time and get a 50 by the end of the first week.

Slacker!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3857 on: July 08, 2014, 08:43:18 PM »
We'll spank the greedy ones for you, you'll see!
City of Heroes is T for Teen, Mr. Nasty Pants!  >:(

....  :-X
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #3858 on: July 08, 2014, 08:43:51 PM »
It will probably take me a month to get a 50. That's just about how fast I play. I solo a lot, I can't play for huge periods of time and I read all the story bits. I also badge (even Galaxy City). It just takes time.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3859 on: July 08, 2014, 08:44:27 PM »
Everyone saying what they want, it's like joining a team and trying to take the star. Me we get the game and ill be happy. We get our old toons,I'm happy we don't, I'm still happy. If I'm plaing CoX I'll be happy.