Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7293533 times)

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #3760 on: July 08, 2014, 05:26:08 PM »
I want them to have every accolade that we can give them and other than expressing the desire for CoH2 - I don't want to take away from them any of the happy news they will get to spread.

Absolutely! There should be a special badge in the game that only people on that team can wear... Something like "CoH Resurrectors"...or something that sounds cooler than that...lol

I'm not sure who would be making that announcement, but I wonder... Where would it be when it happens? In this thread? In a new thread that's in a different section of the forums? In an official announcement that's given to the site admins to post on the main page?

Hmmm...

That's Nice.

Thanks! :D
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

gypsyav

• Boss
« Reply #3761 on: July 08, 2014, 05:30:07 PM »
I'm not sure who would be making that announcement, but I wonder... Where would it be when it happens? In this thread? In a new thread that's in a different section of the forums? In an official announcement that's given to the site admins to post on the main page?

I don't think we'll have any trouble seeing it when it comes.
Imagination is the seed of intelligence. Nourish it and watch it grow.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3762 on: July 08, 2014, 05:30:53 PM »
I am certain they will get around to us, since this is where it all started.

If I could ask for one thing as a reward it would be to have Ironwolf reserved in the game, nothing else.

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #3763 on: July 08, 2014, 05:31:22 PM »
I don't think we'll have any trouble seeing it when it comes.

I would hope that it's a huge "WE'RE BACK!!!" on the main page or something like that....haha
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #3764 on: July 08, 2014, 05:34:08 PM »
Someone tell Angelus Animi to clear her schedule.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3765 on: July 08, 2014, 05:38:44 PM »
Is the ink dry yet?
I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!

Serpine

• Biting Commentarian
  • Boss
  • Telegram force and ready
« Reply #3766 on: July 08, 2014, 05:39:10 PM »
I'm not sure who would be making that announcement, but I wonder... Where would it be when it happens?
It will be yelled from every balcony and every mountaintop. Across desert and snow. Whispers in the wind and the strange patterns in newly grown blades of grass will herald its coming. The announcement will speed through time and space until Nemesis himself has to admit the scale of it wasn't something he planned for.

Or here. Either way.
Guns don't kill people, meerkats do.

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #3767 on: July 08, 2014, 05:40:54 PM »
I shall be rolling a Plant/Kin Troller first and probably an Ill/Rad troller second closely followed by Earth/Storm troller then a trapper ;)

I'm doing my Ill/Rad troller...3rd (if I don't get her back).  First is a new main, Mind/Kin, then the alt I was given here: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,10018.0.html
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #3768 on: July 08, 2014, 05:44:47 PM »
It will be yelled from every balcony and every mountaintop. Across desert and snow. Whispers in the wind and the strange patterns in newly grown blades of grass will herald its coming. The announcement will speed through time and space until Nemesis himself has to admit the scale of it wasn't something he planned for.

Or here. Either way.

lol, this made me laugh.

Excellent prose! :D

ag88t88

• Lieutenant
  • Ice_Wall
« Reply #3769 on: July 08, 2014, 05:46:03 PM »

If I could ask for one thing as a reward it would be to have Ironwolf reserved in the game, nothing else.

I think they should take it a step further and make IronWolf a trainer or character in the game to be immortalized along some of the other iconic characters... But only with your approval of course.

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #3770 on: July 08, 2014, 05:50:50 PM »
Having watched this thread for the last week or so, I'd like to make the following comments:

For the benefit of the negotiators working with NCSoft to re-establish the game:

In a perfect world, our in-game account data should be usable and included in the deal, due to the
tremendous amount of time (4 to 12 hours a day for 8-1/2 years) I personally invested in the game.  Between
both of my paid accounts, I had over 400 alts tied to this game, and ironically had just started my real
life retirement a few months before the announcement of the shutdown was made. (Well, there went a lot of my
planned retirement activities.)  I'm sure there are others in a similar situation as well.

In the world we live in, I assume there will be compromises made (hopefully by both negotiating parties.) 
The closer the conditions under which the game re-starts matches it's condition at closing, the happier I'll
be.  Activating Issue 24 would be a plus, though... grin.

That having been said, I have to admit that getting the game back at all would make me happy, I spent plenty of times running those 400+ alts from the start.  Whether we 'Get It All' or "Start from Scratch" I plan on being there on opening day to take part in the celebration party to end all celebration parties.  If I have to spend years starting all those alts from the beginning again, just set the date.  Gonna be a whole lot of whoopin' goin' on!!!

And of course, the frosting on the cake will be watching Samuraiko's 'Resurrection Day' Video!

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3771 on: July 08, 2014, 05:51:28 PM »

How about "Stubborn" for a title as well  ;)

Sophronisba

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3772 on: July 08, 2014, 05:56:37 PM »
I'm doing my Ill/Rad troller...3rd (if I don't get her back).  First is a new main, Mind/Kin, then the alt I was given here: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,10018.0.html

Assuming we are starting from scratch, my Willpower/War Mace tank is definitely first, followed by a Demons/Time Mastermind.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3773 on: July 08, 2014, 05:58:23 PM »
I have to say if I was able to login and see my characters again, I am not sure what I would do.

I would like make a new alt.

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #3774 on: July 08, 2014, 06:00:16 PM »
I have to say if I was able to login and see my characters again, I am not sure what I would do.

First thing I'd do is log in to my Warshade and teleport around everywhere.... Probably land in a random spot and start beating up random baddies just to feel that sense of "battle" again.... Then maybe come back to the Atlas statue and stand around for a while and welcome people logging in and talk to others standing around about how happy we are... :)

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3775 on: July 08, 2014, 06:02:20 PM »

Wink wink nudge nudge.

SpectaPhantom

• Minion
  • Ghost of Living Past
« Reply #3776 on: July 08, 2014, 06:06:50 PM »
There's so much I would wanna do. Maybe help out newer players should they pop up.
Triumph Search and Rescue - TSAR Deputy Chief
"Heroes Helping Heroes"

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3777 on: July 08, 2014, 06:07:06 PM »
First thing I'd do is log in to my Warshade and teleport around everywhere.... Probably land in a random spot and start beating up random baddies just to feel that sense of "battle" again.... Then maybe come back to the Atlas statue and stand around for a while and welcome people logging in and talk to others standing around about how happy we are... :)

I've been making a list of names for ALTs.  None of which I'll share here.

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3778 on: July 08, 2014, 06:10:07 PM »

If I can log into my account, the first thing I'm gonna do is head to Cim and clear the wall, ya know, just to get that out of my system. If I can't, I'll be rolling a new traps.

sindyr

• Boss
« Reply #3779 on: July 08, 2014, 06:10:25 PM »
Whenever (hopefully) the word comes down that we're a go, I am going to appear to be stark raving mad as I whoop and leap around the house.

I just know it.