Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7293625 times)

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #9240 on: August 19, 2014, 11:51:15 PM »
The main thing I don't like about the article is that it makes it sound like (a) Ironwolf is himself leading the team trying to get the game back (rather than just relaying information from the team), and (b) that the team is composed entirely of former players (as opposed to, as I understand it, industry professionals).

It's a bad article, not for the publicity, but because of the assumptions it makes.
Like i commented earlier, it seems like he only skimmed the first few and last few posts before writing it. i didn't consider it to be especially negative or positive, but it is rather meh for a Massively article.

Is that a jab at us who have less then a full head of hair?
i have less than a full head of hair since i shave the sides fairly regularly.

This isn't a private forum. Everything you're saying is out in the open. This is past the point where you can call that paranoia on my part--one member of the press has already reported on what we're talking about here. Disinformation isn't something you plan out in the open, where everyone can see what you're saying. :P
Unless that's part of the disinformation, hmmm?  ;) Wheels within wheels; wheels within wheels.  :o :-X :-\

I eat my Pizza with kimchi (yes I am strange)
That sounds very yum.  ;D
So far so good. Onward and upward!

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9241 on: August 19, 2014, 11:54:28 PM »
Not going to quote your entire text, LaughingAlex, but I totally agree. Most people in this community are extremely intelligent and very cool. I have some pretty unbelievable stories about how my life has changed as a direct result of meeting/knowing people from City of Heroes.

As for the rest, I just have to shrug my shoulders and remind myself that some people are only around to be trolls/damage others' reputation, and generally try to piss others off. It's hard for me to accept sometimes (both because of my personality and because of my belief about this community), but what'ya gonna do? :)

All we have to do is TRY to be respectful, and when we really feel strongly, TRY to be tactful. 

I think we mostly do that in here, right? Okay, somebody reply rudely just to make a point. Go ahead. I asked for it. PANCAKE me.

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9242 on: August 20, 2014, 12:35:17 AM »
And now I want to go to Perkins for some pancakes and bacon.

Still hoping for Christmas in the chalet...

Zubenelgenubi

• Minion
« Reply #9243 on: August 20, 2014, 12:51:34 AM »
MMMMM Pancakes and Waffles

Pancakes ARE waffles! Waffles in Braille...   ;D
--
PROFESSIONAL Astro-Nerd, thankyouverymuchforasking. Livin' in the Wild, Wild West!

"Ewww... Smells like Science in here!" - My Daughter (age 9)

Fridgy Daiere

« Reply #9244 on: August 20, 2014, 12:55:08 AM »
Blah you can have that whole pizza. Pineapple does not belong.

*Gasp*
Pizza with pepperoni, jalapenos, and pineapple is the bees' knees!  But only if the company doesn't skimp on the jalapenos...(I'm lookin' at YOU, Domino's!)

...flaming troll fairies.

Dibs on that character name; I love it!  Flaming Troll Fairy...off to Icon!

Zubenelgenubi

• Minion
« Reply #9245 on: August 20, 2014, 01:02:50 AM »
That's amazingly similar to my be-all, end-all solution to traffic problems: Everybody but me, stay out of the left lane. If there's only one lane, then watch for me and pull over if I'm behind you. Simple, huh?

And you look in your rear-view mirror and see me there, on your pancake, flashing my lights.   ;D
--
PROFESSIONAL Astro-Nerd, thankyouverymuchforasking. Livin' in the Wild, Wild West!

Zubenelgenubi

• Minion
« Reply #9246 on: August 20, 2014, 01:06:48 AM »
This means one of two things:
1. You're mis-remembering things.
2. You have me confused with someone else.

3. You are unaware of the effect you are actually having on message boards.
4. You enjoy trolling.

(Yes... I remember you as well.)
--

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #9247 on: August 20, 2014, 01:07:33 AM »
And now I want to go to Perkins for some pancakes and bacon.

Still hoping for Christmas in the chalet...

I used to be a cook at Perkins.

I want a chance to save Baby New Year again!
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

SpectaPhantom

• Minion
  • Ghost of Living Past
« Reply #9248 on: August 20, 2014, 01:10:45 AM »
Let's face it. This is a public forum and as this gains steam and word gets out it was only a matter of time and I assume NCsoft and the team had that in the back of there minds.

Just my thoughts on it. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner than now to be honest.
Triumph Search and Rescue - TSAR Deputy Chief
"Heroes Helping Heroes"

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9249 on: August 20, 2014, 01:18:32 AM »
Pancackes and gravy.  French fries and gravy.  Gravy and gravy.  That is all.

Of course - you don't need anything else as a gravy-delivery system when you use gravy itself! It's genius!
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9250 on: August 20, 2014, 01:20:12 AM »
That reminds me of stories I heard of Back Alley Brawler logging in drunk and filling up Pocket D with level 50 AVs back in the day. I never was on for that stuff, but wish I was, LOL.

One day, it was a yearly anniversary but I forget which one. I and a bunch of other villains were logged in at the Cap Au Diable Black Market one sunny morning, calmly collecting our ill-gotten gains from same when suddenly Back Alley Brawler shows up! And he starts one-shotting everyone in sight! Villains were flying everywhere! I took exception to this, as we were actually pretty law-abiding at the time - and here comes this "HERO" killing everyone he could chase down! Is this heroic behavior?!!

It was freaking hilarious! Then about 15 giant monsters spawned at the BM dock and it was just total chaos. And that was how my villain main got the Caleb badge. These type things happened all over the place for the rest of the day. That was a fun anniversary.

YOU GUYS I MISS IT SO BAD

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #9251 on: August 20, 2014, 01:28:33 AM »
The special events really added to the game.
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9252 on: August 20, 2014, 01:29:51 AM »

in swtor you have to pay for special events

NegativeIQ

• Minion
« Reply #9253 on: August 20, 2014, 02:02:11 AM »
One day, it was a yearly anniversary but I forget which one. I and a bunch of other villains were logged in at the Cap Au Diable Black Market one sunny morning, calmly collecting our ill-gotten gains from same when suddenly Back Alley Brawler shows up! And he starts one-shotting everyone in sight! Villains were flying everywhere! I took exception to this, as we were actually pretty law-abiding at the time - and here comes this "HERO" killing everyone he could chase down! Is this heroic behavior?!!

It was freaking hilarious! Then about 15 giant monsters spawned at the BM dock and it was just total chaos. And that was how my villain main got the Caleb badge. These type things happened all over the place for the rest of the day. That was a fun anniversary.

YOU GUYS I MISS IT SO BAD

Oh me toooo Gawd I also miss Rikti Raids so0o0o0o much.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9254 on: August 20, 2014, 02:06:49 AM »
I'm still drawing up full builds in Mids that I dearly want to try out.  If we do get the game back, I'm ready to go immediately with several carefully-calculated builds.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9255 on: August 20, 2014, 02:10:00 AM »
I prefer having waffles instead pancakes. Leggo my Ego!!! :D Speaking of waffles...was there was a player name Waffles on the original CoH forums? And does he still post stuff here in the Titan forums?

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9256 on: August 20, 2014, 02:14:38 AM »

Speaking of events also when City of Heroes comes back we have to celebrate our 10th Anniversary! It would be nice if we can go out with a "bang!" 8)

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9257 on: August 20, 2014, 02:15:22 AM »
I'm still drawing up full builds in Mids that I dearly want to try out.  If we do get the game back, I'm ready to go immediately with several carefully-calculated builds.

Welcome to the Party Pal...

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #9258 on: August 20, 2014, 02:17:35 AM »

I'm even worse, I'm drawing up builds that are not even possible in Mids yet, lol. I'm not even sure if this i24 pool power article is legit or not, but I'm drooling all over it:
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Gadgetry

It's... so... pretty...

[[EDIT: Removing link to wikia. It is full of ads and malware. ~Agge]]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:55:48 AM by Aggelakis »
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9259 on: August 20, 2014, 02:25:15 AM »
Come on man.. dont link folks to wikia.. ParagonWiki !!!!