Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7289599 times)

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #26180 on: November 09, 2016, 09:35:57 PM »
That is assuming there are negotiations...
Giant Shivan Meteor 2016!

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26181 on: November 09, 2016, 10:31:38 PM »
Giant Shivan Meteor 2016!
Hamidon 2016!
Why choose the lesser evil?

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26182 on: November 09, 2016, 10:56:23 PM »
I believe if we get the game back President Trump will repeal and replace enhancement diversification to make Paragon City Great Again.  On the other hand, if you were expecting the War Walls to come down...

On a serious note, it means negotiations will fail because of US trade isolation that trump wants to enforce.  He'll make it illegal for anything to be traded.  A suggestion: Everyone working the deal for CoH suggest the studio exist in Canada, if possible.  Canada only asks new residents obtain permanent residence for 6 years and have 4 years of tax returns within there own country to become a canadian citizen, from what I read.

But any deal with NCSoft is not going to be successful with a madman like Trump in office.  I'm dismayed, and a little broken right now, but thats reality; Trump will ban all trade agreements and place a ban on business deals going outside of the country.  Heck I am expecting to lose my job thanks to the extreme tanking of the economy already happening(hopefully I can save up enough to get a job in canada and a ticket over there before things get irreversably bad).

So if Ncsoft sells the game to someone, it will be someone NOT in the USA, because the sad reality is they won't be able to sell to anyone in the USA anymore.  Expect gaming to come to a slump along with all other industries when trade and negotiating is banned by the man.  Assuming he gets to do so.  My only hope is he and his VP are impeached and they don't get to launch nukes on anyone in spite.  The whole world now see's us as ugly as Dorian Gray, and I really don't blame em.  South Korea probably thinks that the USA is already an enemy and reacting accordingly, even, given North Korea's leaders friendship with the man.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26183 on: November 10, 2016, 12:04:15 AM »
On a serious note, it means negotiations will fail because of US trade isolation that trump wants to enforce.  He'll make it illegal for anything to be traded.  A suggestion: Everyone working the deal for CoH suggest the studio exist in Canada, if possible.  Canada only asks new residents obtain permanent residence for 6 years and have 4 years of tax returns within there own country to become a canadian citizen, from what I read.

But any deal with NCSoft is not going to be successful with a madman like Trump in office.  I'm dismayed, and a little broken right now, but thats reality; Trump will ban all trade agreements and place a ban on business deals going outside of the country.  Heck I am expecting to lose my job thanks to the extreme tanking of the economy already happening(hopefully I can save up enough to get a job in canada and a ticket over there before things get irreversably bad).

So if Ncsoft sells the game to someone, it will be someone NOT in the USA, because the sad reality is they won't be able to sell to anyone in the USA anymore.  Expect gaming to come to a slump along with all other industries when trade and negotiating is banned by the man.  Assuming he gets to do so.  My only hope is he and his VP are impeached and they don't get to launch nukes on anyone in spite.  The whole world now see's us as ugly as Dorian Gray, and I really don't blame em.  South Korea probably thinks that the USA is already an enemy and reacting accordingly, even, given North Korea's leaders friendship with the man.

That was a SERIOUS note?
Seriously, relax. Congress approves trade deals, they're not going to approve something off-the-wall crazy just because the Trumpster wants it. Do you seriously think that South Korean companies will not be able to sell in the US, or engage in deals with US companies, just because Trump is against the TPP? He's not going to have such a strong effect.
A percentage point here or there in the GDP, some more percentage points in international trade, maybe. But not to the point where we can't do business with other countries.
His election is all-time stupid, but it's not the end of the world, the US, or trade between the US and South Korea.

Frankly, the damage he's going to do is going to happen in the future, when the Supreme Court justices that he appoints make another decision like Citizens United. Not so much in the next year or two.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26184 on: November 10, 2016, 12:25:42 AM »
I believe if we get the game back President Trump will repeal and replace enhancement diversification to make Paragon City Great Again.  On the other hand, if you were expecting the War Walls to come down...

That's fine by me.

Azrael.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26185 on: November 10, 2016, 12:33:33 AM »
That is assuming there are negotiations...
President (Elect) Trump does not negotiate.  He just takes what he wants.  He grabs it right by the shoulder kitty.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26186 on: November 10, 2016, 01:01:10 AM »

I think the worst thing that can happen is for all the voters who voted for Trump to say "he won, my job is done" and for all the voters who didn't vote for Trump to say "he won, my life is over."  That's not how democracy works (even in democratic republics, which the United States technically is).  If you voted for Trump, your job isn't over.  Your job is to hold him accountable to actually deliver on his promises to make your lives better in whatever way you expected him to.  If you didn't vote for Trump and you oppose many of the proposals he campaigned on, you have the opportunity and even the obligation to make your voice heard also, to affect the conversation, to apply pressure to local and federal representatives, to keep the president and/or the Congress in check.

Remember: democracies do not serve the people.  They serve the electorate.  They serve the people who actually participate in the process.  Whoever you voted for, do not opt out of the process.  Not everyone gets everything they want in a democracy.  You have to accept losses and move on to the next battle over the next thing.  Its okay to take a break for a month or two: nothing much is going to happen before inauguration anyway.  But elections are not destiny.  Unless we let them be.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26187 on: November 10, 2016, 02:15:33 AM »
I think the worst thing that can happen is for all the voters who voted for Trump to say "he won, my job is done" and for all the voters who didn't vote for Trump to say "he won, my life is over."  That's not how democracy works (even in democratic republics, which the United States technically is).  If you voted for Trump, your job isn't over.  Your job is to hold him accountable to actually deliver on his promises to make your lives better in whatever way you expected him to.  If you didn't vote for Trump and you oppose many of the proposals he campaigned on, you have the opportunity and even the obligation to make your voice heard also, to affect the conversation, to apply pressure to local and federal representatives, to keep the president and/or the Congress in check.

Remember: democracies do not serve the people.  They serve the electorate.  They serve the people who actually participate in the process.  Whoever you voted for, do not opt out of the process.  Not everyone gets everything they want in a democracy.  You have to accept losses and move on to the next battle over the next thing.  Its okay to take a break for a month or two: nothing much is going to happen before inauguration anyway.  But elections are not destiny.  Unless we let them be.

I understand that Arcana, I was mostly focusing on the overall consequences of the fact that the man was elected and the majority of the world hates the guy(except for a few dictators).  The trouble is....just the fact that he won, when I think about this, here, makes me think "NCSoft probably saw the USA vote a man who likely hates there country and likes that jerk in the north, why are they selling to us again?".  Of course this is just a minor worry of mine.

And yes, it is everyones job to hold the man accountable, ACLU already made that pretty clear, to.

Edit:  I'll quote something I'm reading here, a little: It's not about the politics or red vs blue, it's about the fact that a man won who was ultra-divisive, overtly hostile towards non-whites, using religion as an excuse for violence, mysogony and just plain ugliness which countries like South Korea and the rest of the free world strongly oppose.  Trump legitimizes every ugly fact side of the country and the world got to see that.  Now I want to bring up a few pictures....

Another Edit: Actually, just look up Dorian Gray....the earlier forms of his portrait is what the USA looked like, the later portrait is....glad to know the majority actually went the way the EC didn't go.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 02:23:21 AM by LaughingAlex »
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26188 on: November 10, 2016, 04:24:31 AM »
Make the war walls great again!

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #26189 on: November 10, 2016, 04:31:15 AM »
Make the war walls great again!
Don't you mean build more walls and make the Rikti pay for it? :D
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Odimodus

• Minion
« Reply #26190 on: November 10, 2016, 08:06:26 AM »
 I'm tempted to go on a rant about Trump vs Hillary, but instead I'm taking a deep breath and making popcorn. Watching people freak out for the wrong reasons is more entertaining when you dgaf anymore.

And seriously, why wont NCsoft throw us a bone? It's been years already. We're being played for fools at this point.

KennonGL

• Boss
« Reply #26191 on: November 10, 2016, 02:14:19 PM »
If this is where the tread is going, I'll just take a  break for awhile and come back in a few months.  Before I say something that I might later regret.  I'll just leave it with the words of another ultra-divisive president who garners no respect internationally...elections have consequences.

rookery.

• Nothing Gets Past This Guy!
  • Minion
« Reply #26192 on: November 10, 2016, 05:27:35 PM »
So....

If we are talking politics, is this thread over?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #26193 on: November 10, 2016, 07:02:34 PM »
My finger's on the trigger just waiting for someone to take it too far.

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26194 on: November 10, 2016, 08:37:30 PM »
Vote nemesis 2017. it wont matter, he is taking over either way

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26195 on: November 10, 2016, 09:07:45 PM »
Vote nemesis 2017. it wont matter, he is taking over either way

Nemesis is ineligible to run for President of the United States because he is not a natural born citizen.  Unless you count his Nemesis shell as technically being born in the United States in which case he would probably fail to meet the requirement of being at least 35 years old.  He probably has not been a legal resident of the United States for fourteen years.

Technically speaking, Mender Silos could address this issue if he chose to: he could visit the United States in 1787 and attempt to become a legal resident of the State of New York, say.  If he stays there into 1790ish, he would technically open the door for Lord Nemesis to run for President of the United States because Nemesis would then qualify under the technicality that all persons that were citizens of the United States at the time of the adoption of the Constitution would be eligible.  Obviously, the founders had to put that loophole in there otherwise no one alive at the time of the adoption of the Constitution could run for President, because it was impossible to be a natural born citizen of the United States prior to the founding of the United States.  They didn't want to wait thirty five years for someone to become eligible to run for President.

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26196 on: November 11, 2016, 12:08:28 AM »
MAKE COHTITAN NOT POLITICS AGAIN

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26197 on: November 11, 2016, 12:36:50 AM »
My finger's on the trigger just waiting for someone to take it too far.

Fire! Fire! SHOOT!!!

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26198 on: November 11, 2016, 01:24:09 AM »
Whenever things get too serious, consider the sage advice from Norman Rose. (It's really National Lampoon, but man, that voice.)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Hagoroth

• Underling
« Reply #26199 on: November 11, 2016, 02:38:52 AM »
Enough of all this political talk.

I feel good about the prospect of city CoH brought back soon.

We have an influx of older games now getting remastered or re-released.

FFVII, all the old Age of Empire games, Asheron's Call is getting private servers released sometime next year, there is even talk of WoW releasing a legacy server. Not to mention the various spiritual successors to COH in progress.

That being said I have been occupying my time lately on Marvel Heroes, which has a big update coming up, and should be releasing Beastman as a hero soon.