Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7294171 times)

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #19800 on: October 09, 2015, 10:46:28 PM »
I was really hoping I could sneak that one by everybody.

The fart or what you said?   ;D
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19801 on: October 09, 2015, 11:08:32 PM »
I've been busy with another game to be honest.  Terraria is just addictive that way :).  Something to do while I'm waiting for word on this game.

My first game session in Terraria lasted 19 hours.  That is not a typo, I am not exaggerating.  19 hours.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #19802 on: October 09, 2015, 11:48:17 PM »
Only 9 pages to go before it hits 1,000. 

According to a popular theory (popular because I theorized it ;-)), when we hit that milestone, the fog of war will lift, and the announcement of a date for the return of the game will be at hand.  It probably won't actually happen, but by now its got ya wondering, huh?  Maybe....just maybe there is some cosmic correlation...some celestial alignment that happens, and it will become reality!

Well, only one way to find out!  Let get this sucker to 1,000 pages and just see for ourselves!
What was no more, is now reborn!

Surelle

« Reply #19803 on: October 10, 2015, 12:56:41 AM »
Only 9 pages to go before it hits 1,000. 

According to a popular theory (popular because I theorized it ;-)), when we hit that milestone, the fog of war will lift, and the announcement of a date for the return of the game will be at hand.  It probably won't actually happen, but by now its got ya wondering, huh?  Maybe....just maybe there is some cosmic correlation...some celestial alignment that happens, and it will become reality!

Well, only one way to find out!  Let get this sucker to 1,000 pages and just see for ourselves!

My gut feeling is that SCoRE will produce a fully-functioning CoX before we ever see any sort of deal nailed down with NCSoft, to the point where it's kinda painful to watch everybody getting so upset, but I digress.

JoshexProxy

• [citation needed]²
  • Boss
« Reply #19804 on: October 10, 2015, 02:31:53 PM »
ok this topic I'm going to bring here does not deserve it's own thread though it probably has it's own thread but I can't find it, Apparently the devs put in a lot of jokes including a DBZ reference with a Lv 9001 enhancement but I can't seem to find the enhancement listed on the wiki.

any help? I need it for a friend's B-day for joke purposes. recycled humor can be good!

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19805 on: October 10, 2015, 08:55:10 PM »
ok this topic I'm going to bring here does not deserve it's own thread though it probably has it's own thread but I can't find it, Apparently the devs put in a lot of jokes including a DBZ reference with a Lv 9001 enhancement but I can't seem to find the enhancement listed on the wiki.

any help? I need it for a friend's B-day for joke purposes. recycled humor can be good!

Can't remember that specific one.   Some of my alts though did use one of the energy costume transform emotes while yelling "My power level......is OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!"
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #19806 on: October 10, 2015, 10:14:02 PM »

The only thing on the page dedicated for that stuff is a Dragoon Ball: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Ingame_References
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19807 on: October 10, 2015, 11:48:29 PM »

You could make any level enhancement appear once they added clickable links to chat, that's probably what they're thinking of. If you linked an enhancement, you could change the level of it before sending the message.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

scope.creep

• Minion
« Reply #19808 on: October 12, 2015, 11:33:46 AM »
Are we stuck?

reply++

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19809 on: October 12, 2015, 02:27:00 PM »
Are we stuck?

reply++

In a holding pattern driven by hope, and permeated by uncertainty.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19810 on: October 12, 2015, 05:05:09 PM »
In a holding pattern driven by hope, and permeated by uncertainty.
Permanent holding pattern maybe. We may run out of gas.

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19811 on: October 12, 2015, 05:08:37 PM »
Permanent holding pattern maybe. We may run out of gas.

Not if we go into orbit.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19812 on: October 12, 2015, 07:48:55 PM »
Come on, we can go 9 more pages. If nothing else we can start up 99 bottles of Freem on the wall.

triedac

• Minion
« Reply #19813 on: October 12, 2015, 09:35:55 PM »
Good to see people still haven't lost hope :o Oddly enough with an NDA, the deal could be set, but we won't hear an announcement until a ways into the new year - sucks but stuff happens like that. NDAs are a weird deal.

That aside, I'm hold up in ESO for now. Me and the wife keep mmo hopping, but haven't found anything good quite yet :(

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19814 on: October 12, 2015, 11:54:22 PM »
Not if we go into orbit.
What goes up must come down :( wasn't there a Russian satellite that fell from orbit recently?

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19815 on: October 13, 2015, 01:22:13 AM »
What goes up must come down :( wasn't there a Russian satellite that fell from orbit recently?

There always is!

Balince

• Minion
« Reply #19816 on: October 13, 2015, 01:35:14 AM »
Good to see people still haven't lost hope :o Oddly enough with an NDA, the deal could be set, but we won't hear an announcement until a ways into the new year - sucks but stuff happens like that. NDAs are a weird deal.

That aside, I'm hold up in ESO for now. Me and the wife keep mmo hopping, but haven't found anything good quite yet :(

CoH was the first mmo I played, did a little bit of CO, WoW, ESO, and tried tons of others but nothing has come close to CoH. I played CoH for years would take a break and always go back because it was the best game out there. Still to this day I try different mmo's but they all suck next to CoH and none of them hold my attention. I've found that I'm not really a fan of mmo's, just a fan of CoH.

Pyromantic

• New Efforts # 16,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #19817 on: October 13, 2015, 01:53:18 AM »
CoH was the first mmo I played, did a little bit of CO, WoW, ESO, and tried tons of others but nothing has come close to CoH. I played CoH for years would take a break and always go back because it was the best game out there. Still to this day I try different mmo's but they all suck next to CoH and none of them hold my attention. I've found that I'm not really a fan of mmo's, just a fan of CoH.

I'm largely finding the same thing.  Most MMOs I try last an hour or two tops.  There are a couple of (somewhat) notable exceptions: EVE I've played for a couple of stints of 2 to 3 months before getting bored.  WoW I go back to every once in a while for a month or two.  I am not at all a fan of the vertical progression in that game that makes it feel like any time I put into a character at the level cap will be meaningless with the next expansion.

Then again, other games aren't holding my attention all that well these days either.  The one that has actually gotten the most play from me in the last year or so is Hearthstone, though I'm finding myself less motivated to log in to that one.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 12:13:22 PM by Pyromantic »

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #19818 on: October 13, 2015, 02:20:48 AM »
Honestly, I should have given up on MMOs LONG ago. I really am just a CoH fan and not a MMO fan.

The reason? No game can create a world and enough content to make a living world interesting enough year round to stay in.

CoH got the movement, character creation, powers and combat right so anything they did after that was gravy. A Halo developer said before the release of the original game that Halo would boil down to 30 seconds of gameplay over and over again but would that gameplay be worth playing over and over. CoH had that for us.

Bored with the content? Try a new AT, costume, travel power and find a chat channel to kill time with.

This is why I'm worried about the successors. Trying to recreate that magic with the gameplay, even if you follow CoH's template with tweaks, 20/20 hindsight and advanced tech, is dicey.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

JoshexProxy

• [citation needed]²
  • Boss
« Reply #19819 on: October 13, 2015, 05:54:02 AM »
I a starting to wonder if the Paragon studios team did something to the server image before leaving.. you know the "last line from link in legend of zelda the animated series episode 12" (and the last in the series)

I'm starting to wonder if they left some worm on the server that after the shutdown strikes would re-write the whole server image with page after page of "Well-Excuuuuuuse me!" or "At least I still have a job".

or maybe they jumbled the whole server image to make it unreadable.

these are my worries.

remember, NCSoft has no beef with us or the Them, they had beef with several paragon employees. They will be willing to sell it to us. so why the hold-up? something has to be wrong. unless the stall due to the nexon drama took most of the negotiation time thus far.... that would really make me dislike Nexon.

Hey NCSoft can we get a teaser yet?! surely something can be released about this that wont cause any security issues!