Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7295585 times)

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #19700 on: October 04, 2015, 03:42:47 PM »
$15 a month is stupid - the game is long since dead...

$5 a month is reasonable, with the option to purchase all the vet perks we had at day one until the close, at a certain premium - whatever that might be.
Well you can't play it all if the game is dead, so $5/month seems excessive while it's dead. Also, the whole point to buying the IP and the i23 server image is to reboot the game using Unreal Engine to current graphics and gameplay capabilities and continue expanding and developing the game in a new engine. That would need to be funded with something more than dreams and unicorn farts. More likely is the game will come back with the same basic setup as before, and you can even continue playing for free if you don't mind the limitations.

If the game hadn't been shut down would you have demanded that subs be lowered to $5/month three years ago? Y'know, because it would be in a similar state anyway...

Edit: So the whole point would be to restart the game as it was at shutdown while working on the engine port, which has been in progress on a volunteer basis for a few years now, but would have official approval and actual funding if the purchase goes through.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 03:47:49 PM by Nyx Nought Nothing »
So far so good. Onward and upward!

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
« Reply #19701 on: October 04, 2015, 04:07:25 PM »
Hmm, I would seriously pay max 70$ / month to have thw game back as it was before closure.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #19702 on: October 04, 2015, 04:19:49 PM »
Whilst I'm here, is there any cool CoH music you guys can point out to me? There was the old CoH theme, but, is there anything else?

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Music
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19703 on: October 04, 2015, 04:43:16 PM »
That's just begging for someone to resurrect the rickroll.

Lord Nightmare

• Minion
« Reply #19704 on: October 04, 2015, 05:07:26 PM »

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19705 on: October 04, 2015, 05:08:07 PM »
I had two accounts at the end so I was paying around $30.00 a month which is pretty cheap entertainment IMO.

I spend a lot more on Cable TV and I don't watch nearly as much TV as I game.

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #19706 on: October 04, 2015, 07:37:32 PM »
I had two accounts at the end so I was paying around $30.00 a month which is pretty cheap entertainment IMO.

Same here and worth every penny. I had two accounts from 2005 till shutdown so my wife and I could team. Hell, when it comes back, there is a very good chance that we'll have four accounts so that both our children can team with us. $60 a month is nothing for a true fan.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19707 on: October 04, 2015, 07:41:19 PM »

Agreed!  Even if there was a prepaid annual discount for two accounts our household would do it.  If the discount was gone or the price $19.99 a month I would do it if there was a slice broken off for COH future development.... and not volunteer based.

brothermutant

• New Efforts # 14,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19708 on: October 04, 2015, 07:59:57 PM »

I hear that. I spent more than 20 hours a week on the game (more if I had my weekend all to myself). So, yeah, I would be down for up to $30 a month just to get my zombie CoX back. Especially if it meant that it would help getting CoT or whatever off the ground that much sooner.

worldweary

• Boss
« Reply #19709 on: October 04, 2015, 08:05:48 PM »
Same here and worth every penny. I had two accounts from 2005 till shutdown so my wife and I could team. Hell, when it comes back, there is a very good chance that we'll have four accounts so that both our children can team with us. $60 a month is nothing for a true fan.

I'm sorry but I feel this is wrong on many levels.I work in a saw mill.I have very little money at the end of the month.I'm glad most of you sound like you can spend however much but never doubt I am a fan because I can't.I paid when i could and then took breaks when had to but miss this game very much
and hope those like me have an option to play.Also to the poster saying buying the ip is so they can
reboot the game using Unreal Engine to current graphics and game play.I want the game we had,boxing
glove hands,non moving hair,rooted attacks and all the rest.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19710 on: October 04, 2015, 08:12:00 PM »
I'm sorry but I feel this is wrong on many levels.I work in a saw mill.I have very little money at the end of the month.I'm glad most of you sound like you can spend however much but never doubt I am a fan because I can't.I paid when i could and then took breaks when had to but miss this game very much
and hope those like me have an option to play.Also to the poster saying buying the ip is so they can
reboot the game using Unreal Engine to current graphics and game play.I want the game we had,boxing
glove hands,non moving hair,rooted attacks and all the rest.

There's no reason to think the game won't come back exactly as it left us: F2P with a sub option. So there's no reason to ever take breaks because you can't afford it: if you can't afford "free", then you are dead.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

worldweary

• Boss
« Reply #19711 on: October 04, 2015, 08:21:09 PM »
I hope so.I would very much like to contribute in any way I can to help the game continue.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #19712 on: October 04, 2015, 08:21:57 PM »
$60 a month is nothing for a true fan.

I don't like this line of thought, as it equates "true fans" with "people who can pay money."
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

worldweary

• Boss
« Reply #19713 on: October 04, 2015, 08:40:07 PM »
I don't like this line of thought, as it equates "true fans" with "people who can pay money."

Thank you!!Said in a way I would have but I lack the word power.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #19714 on: October 04, 2015, 11:27:50 PM »
True enough. i will pay what i can afford when the game comes back to the extent that it makes sense. For example, if i have a couple friends that want to play Incarnate content and i have the money to spare i'd love the option to gift people with subscription time, something NCsoft's setup never made possible. Something to consider if/when the game comes back.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19715 on: October 05, 2015, 01:42:35 AM »
Hmm, I would seriously pay max 70$ / month to have thw game back as it was before closure.
many people cant afford it.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19716 on: October 05, 2015, 01:46:10 AM »
I would pay the same 15 bucks a month that I did before.. And I would be willing to pay a one time fee between 50-75.00 if I could get all my data back

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #19717 on: October 05, 2015, 01:54:12 AM »

Yikes!

I apologize. Poor choice of phrasing on my part.  I did not mean that at all and meant no disrespect.  I was just speaking for myself and my brood.  We don't play any other MMO type games.  We tried but they just weren't CoH.

We were only fans of this game and would be willing to pay a membership fee if necessary play it again.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19718 on: October 05, 2015, 02:30:38 AM »
I recall a post from someone on the team saying it may be a one time price gets you everything.

That may change depending on the numbers they see - if they go the Guild Wars of buy to play it would seem fair.

Lord Nightmare

• Minion
« Reply #19719 on: October 05, 2015, 03:01:54 AM »
Personally I wouldn't be willing to pay if it came back. When F2P hit I was actually ecstatic, more so because of the Paragon Rewards system. Almost 7 years of veterans rewards built up meant I was able to keep most everything and then some and it let me branch out and try new things without thinking "but I'm PAYING for this, I should be playing it." And considering that money is tight (I mean.. I work at a bloody game/comic store), it'd be hard to justify paying again.