Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7293565 times)

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #16140 on: March 29, 2015, 06:01:08 AM »
I am sure many true stop having fun guys had the attitude that if you didn't use it to power level you were a scrub that was ruining "his" game for not playing like him.  In fact I wouldn't be surprised if alot of people like that existed.  In fact they've existed for a long time.  Thing is, the developers themselves did not like that people were using it that way.  While making say, a cheat mod for personal entertainment is one thing the kinds of AE farms were affecting others and the game economy.  It was no different than aimbots affecting official rankings in online shooters, and belittling the efforts of actual talented players.

Thing is, I don't see people really bragging they didn't exploit AE.  But I do see the AE exploiters being very, very defensive here.

Be thankful you weren't there to see what people did to multiplayer cheaters of the game I showed that little mod I made for.  Get caught artificially boosting your ranking online or artificially preventing losses by disconnecting?  You'd be punished in very creative ways including;

Permanent removal of rank or 50% point cut(in other words, your account would lose many of it's points towards your ranking among players.  Many cheaters were ashamed of having the sword/dagger rank, and high rank players generally avoided playing against low-rank players, as you were punished severely merely for losing to a low-rank.  Simply put, crowns(high rank players) tended to only play against other crowns or flag holders(top rank players).

Removal of chat rights.
Banning of CD-key(the big one).

Heck, I also remember the war against cheaters in UT2k4, besides making scrubs so paranoid as to ban anyone who was merely good you also saw alot of piracy occur because of that.

I'm sure no one is here to ban people or cut character levels to be permanently level 1 on the account for life or anything.

so you make mods to cheat other people. I am sure you do research as to prove they actually were doing what you thought..probably not

of coarse if farming is my fun then stopping me from farming makes you one of those stop having fun guys.

and no, I didnt farm AE. no purple drops made it no fun. I did just enough to get some badges and didnt use it after that. mostly running through my own creation, and one that a friend made..not exactly high prose
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 06:20:08 AM by ivanhedgehog »

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16141 on: March 29, 2015, 06:29:44 AM »
so you make mods to cheat other people. I am sure you do research as to prove they actually were doing what you thought..probably not

of coarse if farming is my fun then stopping me from farming makes you one of those stop having fun guys.

and no, I didnt farm AE. no purple drops made it no fun. I did just enough to get some badges and didnt use it after that.

No, silly, see....this video here.  I only do such silly things by myself and generally only with the game in said video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owigyMLC9PI

It's just something I do once in a while.  I don't tend to share these little creations with anyone else, it's just something I do when i'm bored.

No, I am not being a stop having fun guy and you accusing me of that is underhanded and makes you a stop having fun guy yourself.  See what I mean?  You instantly accused me of wanting to take that away when I said nothing but then proved what I just said about the ae exploiters here by getting defensive on me, congratulations. 

Cheating in single player = who the heck cares?

Using/making an overkill mod by yourself = again, who the heck cares?

Cheating in multiplayer= Expect everyone to be angry and take measures against you in a competitive environment.

My friends knew me for actually being extremely honest and found it funny when I made such mods for myth(They also knew me for being one of the best teammates to have as I was very good at implementing their plans in that game).  Heck, I even made a mushroom cloud explosion a few times, even made little air raid attacks.  Though there are others who far outdid me to :).  The dwarven parabomber was the funniest mod I ever saw made for that game.

Don't ever accuse people who mod of cheating and don't go accusing people who use them of cheating.  Seriously, it's old.  And if you read my last post I didn't say anything about taking your "AE exploiting away".  Just that people who did exploit it were in fact throwing that accusation fairly lightly and I took notice of that.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16142 on: March 29, 2015, 07:06:39 AM »
Also, I should mention that I wrote in that video description, that mod actually breaks the scripting of single player maps.  You cannot "cheat" with it, just enjoy a gigantic explosion with it.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16143 on: March 29, 2015, 08:05:49 AM »
No, silly, see....this video here.  I only do such silly things by myself and generally only with the game in said video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owigyMLC9PI

It's just something I do once in a while.  I don't tend to share these little creations with anyone else, it's just something I do when i'm bored.

No, I am not being a stop having fun guy and you accusing me of that is underhanded and makes you a stop having fun guy yourself.  See what I mean?  You instantly accused me of wanting to take that away when I said nothing but then proved what I just said about the ae exploiters here by getting defensive on me, congratulations. 

Cheating in single player = who the heck cares?

Using/making an overkill mod by yourself = again, who the heck cares?

Cheating in multiplayer= Expect everyone to be angry and take measures against you in a competitive environment.

My friends knew me for actually being extremely honest and found it funny when I made such mods for myth(They also knew me for being one of the best teammates to have as I was very good at implementing their plans in that game).  Heck, I even made a mushroom cloud explosion a few times, even made little air raid attacks.  Though there are others who far outdid me to :).  The dwarven parabomber was the funniest mod I ever saw made for that game.

Don't ever accuse people who mod of cheating and don't go accusing people who use them of cheating.  Seriously, it's old.  And if you read my last post I didn't say anything about taking your "AE exploiting away".  Just that people who did exploit it were in fact throwing that accusation fairly lightly and I took notice of that.

you evidently cant read..I never farmed ae.

making mods that affect other people..that is by definition a multi player game.

no one is allowed to change how you play but you want to change how they play? you are taking away their fun

people like you whined for years that the devs didnt end portal corp farming. I knew people that farmed billions, and never affected you. they had all the purples they could ever use that they generated themselves. along with a lot of inf that they would give away like water. One guy gave some one an entire built set of armageddons for designing a base for him...very nice tip I feel.

didnt affect you in the least. no exploiting no matter what you think.

you bragged about banning cd keys and the like...you said it yourself
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 08:11:56 AM by ivanhedgehog »

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16144 on: March 29, 2015, 10:08:48 AM »
you evidently cant read..I never farmed ae.

making mods that affect other people..that is by definition a multi player game.

no one is allowed to change how you play but you want to change how they play? you are taking away their fun

people like you whined for years that the devs didnt end portal corp farming. I knew people that farmed billions, and never affected you. they had all the purples they could ever use that they generated themselves. along with a lot of inf that they would give away like water. One guy gave some one an entire built set of armageddons for designing a base for him...very nice tip I feel.

didnt affect you in the least. no exploiting no matter what you think.

you bragged about banning cd keys and the like...you said it yourself

I did read that post, and found it not worth to be insulted by your accusing me of being a stop having fun guy.  But then you say this crap about me.

You obviously assumed I was one of the admins of bungie.net when I never was.  You should get some sleep, your not reading anything I say either and your clearly not reading your own posts.  I simply stated the punishments for cheating on bungie.net at the time.  My mods do not affect others as I never share them, either.  Seriously, your putting words in my mouth rather than actually reading anything I say.  And your putting assumptions on me that are very blatantly false.  Also your grammer tells me your very, very tired.

The mod I showed you?  Not meant to be used online and no sane person would host a game with that other than as a joke.  Which has been done, but in unranked games.  For obvious reasons of how the admins would screw you if you again, crossed that line.

Your defending AE exploiting.  That is just as bad as using it yourself and invalidated your saying you didn't use it.  There are lines that have to drawn in places man, to me exploiting a map-making tool for online gains goes to far.  Thats kind of what AE is to me, a scenario editor.  Not a very comprehensive one, not even close, but it's still exploiting.  It inflated the economy far more than it has to be and I cannot count how many AE babies were produced.  One didn't need to make farming itself so easy that way.  I didn't care about portal farming at all, it's AE farming likewise that people complain about for very clear reasons.

Stop viewing things in such black and white about modding, to, seriously.  It seems like your the one thats completely intolerant here.

I'll go ahead and explain something about my post, since you missed that to.

I was saying "Be thankful there isn't a witch-hunt here".  Thats it, seriously.

You accuse me of banning cd-keys as if I was an admin.  I never was, I just knew the rules like everyone else competing on bungie.net did at the time.

You accuse me of giving cheats to others when I never said anything to imply that.

You continually accuse me of taking your "fun" away.

You make the blantant mistake of assuming that mod I made was for multiplayer when all I did was host a game by myself to demonstrate that trick and when I also state repeatedly I did not share that with anyone.  You guys here are in fact probably the only ones who saw that video, it's unlisted.

And lastly, your calling me a stop having fun guy when I said most people here are not on a witch hunt.

Seriously.  READ THIS.  THIS WAS YOU SAYING THIS.  Oh yeah when you said "of course if farming is my fun then stopping me from farming makes you one of those stop having fun guys.".  I stopped reading after that point and replied.  Your lack of capitals also gives me less incentive to read everything.

I was trying to say in my own post, especially the end sentence there, that no one here is trying to ruin anyones fun right now.  And then you blow it out of proportion on me as you I guess have done so before.  I was trying to tell people to lighten up and that it could be worst.

It's like your being a witch-hunter yourself.

If you skipped to this because your insulted then I just proved my last point about the hostility of your post.

You expect me to read everything.

Take your inquisition somewhere else.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16145 on: March 29, 2015, 10:25:39 AM »
I'll also explain another thing about how mods work for that game.

You AND the person playing with it had to have the mod installed.

There, done.  So if you wanted to so much as pull that prank you'd have to do something stupid like rename such a mod and then pretend until the person had it installed and was in your hosted game.  Funny thing is when people shared mods they didn't mis-label them.  If you look up in-game recordings maybe project magma or one of it's websites(http://projectmagma.net/downloads/) then yeah you might find silly prank events being recorded but in GOOD FUN.  Like -10000 scores from chain-reaction explosions and whatnot.

Thing is, no one was stupid enough to mislead someone into a misuse of mods in a ranked game.  It was forbidden and easily reported.  Usually cheating in myth 2 involved stupid things like disconnecting or purchasing a second copy of the game and using that as a dummy account to artificially boost your own rank.(and that was very routinely reported)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 06:58:33 PM by LaughingAlex »

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #16146 on: March 29, 2015, 11:29:47 AM »
Arcana ... her Immortal Game storyline on the Beta Server ... literally taking control over the Rikti War Zone and running dozens (probably even more than that) players through her ... event.

Here's a link to a video about the event: "The Immortal Game" by Arcanaville - City of Heroes

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16147 on: March 29, 2015, 03:28:05 PM »
Also your grammer tells me your very, very tired.

glass houses and all that. can't we all be friends?

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #16148 on: March 29, 2015, 04:11:27 PM »
When I grow up, I want to be a principal or a caterpillar.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16149 on: March 29, 2015, 04:58:10 PM »
Why not both?

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16150 on: March 29, 2015, 06:17:53 PM »
Principal Pillar.  First name is Cater.  He's a chubby lil' worm in a red waistcoat and brilliant green jacket, perhaps wearing tiny little round spectacles.  Jolly attitude.  Great with kids.  Would make a fun children's book character.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16151 on: March 29, 2015, 06:23:31 PM »
When I grow up, I want to be a principal or a caterpillar.
I'm not sure why you'd want to be a piece of construction equipment. But, to each his (or her) own.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16152 on: March 29, 2015, 07:28:07 PM »
I knew a guy back in high school who wanted to be a fire truck when he grew up.

He was a little strange.

RGladden

• Boss
« Reply #16153 on: March 29, 2015, 08:14:08 PM »
 :o  AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Sorry.  The tension's getting to me....

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16154 on: March 29, 2015, 09:46:27 PM »
:o  AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Sorry.  The tension's getting to me....

Please have a rum n coke with me.  Sunday dinner is almost done.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #16155 on: March 30, 2015, 12:08:15 AM »
One of the things I've missed the most is the 1953 War of the Worlds-esque pew-pew-pew of the Proton Volley snipe.

That is definitely a photon torpedo noise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FsrucOOBY

http://www.trekcore.com/audio/
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16156 on: March 30, 2015, 12:22:48 AM »
*ahem*

<- modhat

The AE/farming/powerleveling/exploit conversation appears to have turned from "debate" to "personal vendetta".  In additon, if the conversation ever had anything to actually do with the subject of this thread, it's strayed far enough away from that at this point that it's no longer relevant.

Let's get back on topic.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #16157 on: March 30, 2015, 12:25:23 AM »
*ahem*

<- modhat

This is one of the greatest mod hats I've ever seen. It's...glorious.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Graydar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16158 on: March 30, 2015, 12:27:25 AM »
Was looking through my cupboard, I found my old City of Villains Collector's Edition box. The little figures, my CoH cards, the little comics with the CoH deluxe edition, the activation cards... I should really get my little collection of City of Heroes comics already.

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16159 on: March 30, 2015, 01:14:32 AM »
Principal Pillar.  First name is Cater.  He's a chubby lil' worm in a red waistcoat and brilliant green jacket, perhaps wearing tiny little round spectacles.  Jolly attitude.  Great with kids.  Would make a fun children's book character.

When the game comes back, you should make a character like this.