Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7269849 times)

ruintheslayer

• Underling
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2014, 05:17:44 PM »
I'm all for this idea. I also see little reason why they wouldn't allow this.

Get at'em Ironwolf and I'll keep my eye on the progress and if there is anything I can do to help I'll help.

ricochet

• Underling
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2014, 05:18:09 PM »
Poking my nose in to skim and say good luck and show some support :)

Stefan Zubal

• Underling
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2014, 06:28:42 PM »
Just adding ...This makes me hopeful. Thank you. Keep us posted

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2014, 07:07:18 PM »
I really can't see any issues with this...it's a win-win for all involved, and heaven knows NCSoft could use the positive publicity about now....  :D

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2014, 07:43:06 PM »
Fully agree with Blitzwing about that.  The fact is they seem to continue to take damage for their history of shutdowns.  Shutting lineage 2 down in indonesia was a sign they're image is being crushed, and someone I know from japan even mentioned that alot of people are mad at them over there due to being especially disloyal to their customers.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

blue storm

• Boss
  • #savecoh
    • Freedom Academy
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2014, 08:13:03 PM »
I'm 200% behind you man !

let's keep up fighting !

Much Kudos to you for pushing this.
--

Ad_Astra

• Lieutenant
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2014, 08:35:12 PM »
Outstanding! Is there anything we an do to assist?

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2014, 09:00:24 PM »
I'm a little late to the party, but also very, very encouraged by the ideas and concepts being explored here.  Ironwolf, thank you so much for the efforts and possibilities you're putting forth with this.  I, for one, would be ecstatic to have the game back even if there were never any further developments.  I loved the existing content, but what I loved more was the endless options for creating not just new costumes, but new heroes (and villains) with their own powerset combinations and backstories -- and I loved most of all the amazing community of players, and the fact that playing heroes in our game made us feel a little more heroic in our approaches to our everyday lives.

I'll be watching with hope and anticipation to see where this leads, and as Ad_Astra asks, is there anything we can do to help?

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2014, 09:21:38 PM »
But, your questioning honestly didn't bother me and I can only keep trying! I really do believe there are enough people and some of those people in the right places to get this done now.
Man...it feels good to read stuff like this.   I'll cross my fingers and /e torch

Bruisefairy

• Underling
  • COH Pride!
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2014, 10:23:36 PM »
Ah the hope... it almost hurts! Didn't think I'd feel this again. *happy tears*
I'm not sure what I could offer help-wise, but I am here and supporting every effort to revive our home. Keeping watch on this and going to spread the word to my friends in the community who are not watching as closely because it intensifies the ache that never goes away. Thank you, everyone, who is helping with this.
Whenever you find a little spot of hurt and discolor that you don't remember getting... I was there!

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2014, 04:02:48 AM »
Here's hoping something like this could feasibly work.  Best wishes.

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2014, 08:45:51 AM »
Hmm... I just had a thought along the lines of the PR train.

Maybe when we get an estimated time on the pitch to NCSoft. We could hold off on some of the bad PR people have been putting out (post on their facebook, ect..) for say a week or so. So they can see just how united the CoH community still is?

Kinda like a small power play. :P

Riff

• Lieutenant
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2014, 09:56:39 AM »
I've not read every post in this thread but it's a bit more encouraging than many I've seen recently.

I may have missed a few things but what's the ultimate goal? To buy the IP, lease the Engine with a view to recoding in a new engine at a later time?

That seems to be entirely doable if NCSoft is willing - and if I read this correctly they were at one stage.

It seems to me this could be pitched to them as a great PR Victory: They release the IP to the fans, which undoes a lot of the damage closing the game did to NCSoft's rep. They have Zero cost, zero risk and they get residual income from the engine licence, with minimal management costs.

All that strikes me as pretty positive, but it's reaching the decision makers that strike me as the stumbling points, and having an offer to put on the table (but that could be a kickstarter thing if we got the agreement to go ahead.)

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2014, 10:13:56 AM »
All that strikes me as pretty positive, but it's reaching the decision makers that strike me as the stumbling points, and having an offer to put on the table (but that could be a kickstarter thing if we got the agreement to go ahead.)

I think that's what Ironwolf is working on now. I'm sure that if we couldn't approach them directly, we could in-directly. ;) If we found the right person who was sympathetic to our cause. They could ask one of their old friends at NCSoft to give us a few minutes of their time as a favor. ;)

NightWolf

• Underling
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2014, 10:39:23 AM »
What I hope mostly right now, is that they are open for new ideas/negotiations when it comes to City of Heroes. There is a plan now, which in theory could work fine, people here seem to like the idea, but the folks in control have to be open for it. Even if they don't feel sure about all parts of the plan, they should at least try to think along on how to make it work, in a way that all involved parties are satisfied. As a company, it shouldn't be just about money, but also about people. Hopefully they will realise that as well.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2014, 11:43:18 AM »
Some of our folks are proceeding with something and I do have a name that was passed along.

Let's see what happens!

It is likely at that stage where it may be quiet for a while as people make offers and such and have discussions.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:43:46 PM by Ironwolf »

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2014, 01:18:08 PM »
If you need any assistance, I'm here willing to help in whatevr capacity! :)

Rock on!

/em holdtorch

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2014, 03:26:29 PM »
I hate to be a wet blanket here but I don't see this working.

While liberating the IP from NCSoft would be very gratifying, it doesn't really help us, other than freeing it up for new ventures.

NCSoft has proven apathetic and unresponsive to attempts to somehow lease or otherwise acquire a legitimate means of rehosting the the MMO.
They didn't care to turn it over to Paragon Studios, people they knew could handle the game.  Why would they turn it over to a bunch of random people they don't know?
ESPECIALLY if doing so (leasing/renting/etc) still leaves them open to legal liabilities?

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2014, 04:11:46 PM »
 There is no harm or foul in trying... I say go for it..

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2014, 04:25:37 PM »
There is no harm or foul in trying... I say go for it..

Here! Here! :)