Author Topic: Rikti Dropship that doesn't drop bombs?  (Read 1983 times)

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Rikti Dropship that doesn't drop bombs?
« on: March 01, 2014, 01:55:29 AM »
Hello, does anyone know of a model that doesn't automatically drop bombs? I seem to recall finding one at one point.
I want to record a scene in space of them approaching earth but I don't want to see random bombs and constant screenshaking occuring the entire time.

What about all of these dev commands or something with the access level? Can you shut off powers or is this simply built into the model?

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
Re: Rikti Dropship that doesn't drop bombs?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:03:57 AM »
I don't remember finding anything but the one ship that drops bombs. There is only the one ship, drones, and the mother ship and shield in the big npc menu, (I just checked again) so that makes me think I didn't find another one. The bombs seem to be animations attached to the ship, I don't think there is any kind of command to turn it off. Sorry- really, that is about all I have to tell you.

It sounds like a neat scene with the ships coming in- Anyone else have any info?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 04:03:55 AM »
There isn't one. The bomb animations are baked into persistent fx that creates the ship and all associated pieces, so it's not possible to spawn one without them, even through trickery. Even the dev /fxkill command won't help because it will make the ship geometry itself disappear as well.

So the only option is to hack fxinfo.bin itself to null out the reference to the bomb fx.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nt4m6b06kfvfv6d/dropship.7z

Extract that into your icon directory under data/.  Create the data directory if it's not there. The final path should look like [COH]\data\bin\fxinfo.bin.  With that in place, all dropships will be missing the bomb effects.

While I was looking into it, I also happened to glance at the sequencers for that entity type in case it was just a ready loop or something easy. I found that you can target the dropship and use

/mov Forward_Pre

to make it fire its thursters if you want. You can then use

/mov Ready

to return them to idle mode.

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 07:07:28 PM »
Thank you, Codewalker! Maybe we will get to see the Rikti Invasion fleet heading for Earth!  ;D

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 04:10:04 PM »
There isn't one. The bomb animations are baked into persistent fx that creates the ship and all associated pieces, so it's not possible to spawn one without them, even through trickery. Even the dev /fxkill command won't help because it will make the ship geometry itself disappear as well.

So the only option is to hack fxinfo.bin itself to null out the reference to the bomb fx.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nt4m6b06kfvfv6d/dropship.7z

Extract that into your icon directory under data/.  Create the data directory if it's not there. The final path should look like [COH]\data\bin\fxinfo.bin.  With that in place, all dropships will be missing the bomb effects.

While I was looking into it, I also happened to glance at the sequencers for that entity type in case it was just a ready loop or something easy. I found that you can target the dropship and use

/mov Forward_Pre

to make it fire its thursters if you want. You can then use

/mov Ready

to return them to idle mode.

You sir are Evil! And I mean that in a good way haha. Thank you very much