Author Topic: Crazy / funny idea  (Read 983 times)

NightWolf

• Underling
Crazy / funny idea
« on: February 25, 2014, 11:05:32 AM »
I think we all from time to time think of ways to get our beloved game back. Or at least keep the spirit alive or bring it back under the attention of the world.

For some reason this idea popped up into my mind of asking celebrities who played a superhero (or in a way have been involved with superheroes) to record a short video, just saying: "Hi, my name is [insert name here[ and I want City of Heroes back". and then make a compilation of those videos.

Not that it would change anything, but if it gets shared alot, people who might be able to make a difference can start to wonder "What is this City of Heroes". Again, I do not expect anything to happen, but I just thought it would be an interesting thing to make. (or to watch ^^)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: Crazy / funny idea
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 03:18:41 AM »
I love the idea! To add to it, some famous cartoon/comics heroes could to a promo, too! At the end, perhaps a fading image of Christopher Reeves in a heroic stance...

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 04:40:27 AM »
That is thinking outside the box....good idea...keeps the name out there if all else.

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 10:34:42 AM »
I had a more sinister idea awhile back.

Though I don't care for them at all. I thought about what if a hacker (or group of hackers), hacked NCSoft and some how managed to get the source code for City of Heroes. Then silently passed that source code along to someone working on the SCORE project.

Your idea could work, there are some really nice Celebrities out there. I don't watch T.V. much so I don't know who's played a super heroe or not. It does seem to me though, that usually if you can get one that's popular or semi-popular to do it. Then others will be more willing to participate. So the hardest hurdle I'd imagine would be getting the first one on board.

NightWolf

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 10:39:14 AM »
I already started working on this "project". And yes, despite that there are alot of nice celebs out there, it's pretty hard to reach them. Some of them post alot (for example on Twitter) but don't or barely read the posts of fans... and yes, it only takes one to get things going, so I'm gonna stay positive.