Author Topic: Robocop  (Read 1013 times)

fdbryant3

• Minion
Robocop
« on: February 23, 2014, 10:56:32 PM »
Just saw this today and really enjoyed it.  It might be better than the original (although it has been so long since I've seen the original my impression could be a little shaky).  The action was good and raised quite a few social/humanity/sci-fi type  questions.

I recommend going to see it.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: Robocop
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 11:55:32 PM »
It's not bad but not quite as good as the original either.
Part of what made the original great was Murphy re-learning to be human - in the remake, that motive doesn't really exist.
I don't like the way they replaced Old Man and Lewis either.

Decent new take on the same basic premise, not quite a good enough remake.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Lothic

• Lieutenant
  • Like tears in rain...
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 03:44:28 PM »
Decent new take on the same basic premise, not quite a good enough remake.

It seems like whenever they make a "remake" like this you can pretty much count on two things, A) the CGI/graphics/FX will look awesome and be miles better than the original and B) the story/plot/acting will be horrible and be miles suckier than the original.

Still not convinced that better CGI attached to an otherwise crappy movie ever justifies the value of a "remake". *shrugs*
CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 09:50:40 AM »
I really liked the remake... and the new ED-209 looks just awesome in action.
Which is something I clearly didn't expect.
Part of what made the original great was Murphy re-learning to be human - in the remake, that motive doesn't really exist.
yeah, it's kind of the exact opposite with them strapping his humanity away piece by piece.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.