Author Topic: Titan Icon installer for Windows: Tequila!  (Read 335319 times)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: Titan Icon installer for Windows: Tequila!
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2015, 06:58:57 AM »
Power, add http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml. and hilight that instead of the dropbox one.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

DJKa0s

• Underling
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2015, 04:50:37 AM »
I'm having that error as well, but there's nowhere to put in the new line, so I'm not sure what to do.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2015, 04:28:17 PM »
From the first post:

WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET A MANIFEST ERROR

The huge number of downloads for the Paragon Chat launch have killed the server that contained the manifest file. You will need to manually point Tequila to the new Manifest location if you are getting this error.

- Click Options.
- In the empty line under "Manifests", enter http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml
***** IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN EMPTY LINE UNDER MANIFESTS, your Tequila is out of date. Download a fresh copy from the above link! *****
- Click Add; the new manifest should appear at the bottom. Make sure it's selected by clicking on it.
- Click OK.
- Close Tequila and start it again.

That will point your Tequila install to the latest version.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Sescheraun

• Underling
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2015, 08:59:45 PM »
Could you explain how to do this in more detail? Like I'm 12 years old would be great.  :-\

EDIT:: Ok changed the Registry and now Tequila opens great, but now I'm stuck on "Fetching Manifest" I am using http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml. Is that no longer correct?

EDIT 2:: And we're back in business. Thanks to all those who helped point the way.

What was the solution to this?

Gorgor

• Underling
« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2015, 05:44:55 PM »
I am downloading via Tequila.exe (I had the final shutdown of CoH carefully saved off, but get the "Paragon Chat was unable to start! You must start Paragon Chat from a folder containing a complete installation of City of Heroes" error, so presumably there is a difference between final shutdown and I24 Beta.)

Anyway, about 1/3 the way through the big DL, I click the options button on Tequila, and it shows options screen.  I go to click cancel, but there is no cancel, so I click Ok.  It tries to write the options file, fails, and then Tequila crashes.

I restart Tequila. Is it bright enough to detect an incomplete file download and resume that file (perhaps completely restarting it) or does it just go on to the next? in which case I would have to delete everything except Tequila.exe and start over.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2015, 12:26:29 AM »
Resumes.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2015, 03:03:29 AM »
So I just noticed the links to the forums and wiki for Paragon Chat in Tequila. Unfortunately, clicking on them opened Internet Explorer, instead of my default browser Chrome.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2015, 05:56:24 AM »
Tequila is built into an Explorer frame, so it will open Explorer windows. I *think* Starsman could make it open in your default browser.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

DarkKarma

• Underling
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2015, 10:35:40 PM »
Im having some trouble with tequila. It seems to download alright untill it gets to mapsMissions.pigg, there it seems to hang up and not go any further. Ive turned off the firewall, and disabled the avast antivirus while it's downloading. Any help would be appreciated on this.

Camnarok

• Underling
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2015, 09:14:49 PM »
Sure thing Ninten19,

To the best of my knowledge:

I first tried deleting everything dealing with Tequila, then deleted all remnants from the registry.
I then downloaded it again, but it kept doing that error and trying to put it in the old folder that was now missing.
I tried this several times with no luck and being stubborn I did it several more times.

I then took a break. Searched my comp for anything Tequila related, deleted, emptied recycle, and registry deletion. I double and triple checked searches on my comp and made sure there was nothing Tequila related.

The only thing I can tell to the best of my knowledge that I did "differently" than the other attempts was when I went to the link for the Tequila download instead of 'saving it then running it' I went straight to Run at the download menu. It then pulled up the screen asking what folder you wanted to download it to (something I hadn't been able to do since the first time I tried), I selected my CoHbeta folder and boom all went well.

Not sure if that helps, but I hope it does.
I'll try to rack my brain for anything else I can think of but the only really different I can remember is running it instead of saving then running.

Might be able to help some people with this... I was having the same issue where it wouldn't locate my .txt file after I tried moving programs around from one hard drive to another. I recently updated to Windows 10 after the whole ordeal and it still wouldn't run.

Today I tried one more time and went into the tequila.exe properties menu while it was still in my 'Downloads' folder and ran the compatibility check. After it did the check it asked if I wanted to 'Test this program?' so I clicked on that and it generated a new .txt file. So far after that it's golden, moved it to it's proper folder and started downloading everything.

Hope this helps someone. I tried the IslandRum for windows when the tequila stopped working for me and it kept freezing up at a certain part of the download.

Black Mercenary

• Underling
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2015, 05:15:08 PM »
I recently had a bad drive replaced and ever since then, Tequila has refused to work for me. Every time I try to start the program, I get this error:

Microsoft .NET Framework
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find a part of the path.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\CoH\TequilaActivityLog.txt'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
   at MyToolkit.ActivityLog(String Line)
   at Tequila.Tequila.Form_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
tequila
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.16
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.16
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Havic/Downloads/tequila%20(2).exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5492 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Riller22

• Underling
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2016, 11:58:17 PM »
Well, I got something /involving/ .net, it's the tequilaactivitylog or something like that, would that be something I'd download the windows net for, or?

Riller22

• Underling
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2016, 01:09:53 AM »
Well, I got something /involving/ .net, it's the tequilaactivitylog or something like that, would that be something I'd download the windows net for, or?

https://gyazo.com/3cff55830082124ae7a53bbc9721c64d more info here, i mean, i tried downloading the .net thing, but it ended up not working, even though the windows feature is enabled, insert confused jacky chan meme here.

having the same troubles as black mercenary, p. much.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2016, 07:51:37 AM »
OK, thankyou for tequila it was helpful to finish a UV outline. I have a question, I know leandro said to put it into mydocuments or applications but it's taking up space on my almost full C: drive, can I move it to F:/? would I need to change any keys in the registry or just copy the folders?
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Orbin15

• Underling
ERROR
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2016, 01:24:33 PM »

Orbin15

• Underling
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2016, 01:31:35 PM »
Sorry! i read what you have there about the manifest error i posted, and i have another problem.. in options, i dont have any manifest at all.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2016, 03:16:18 AM »
I pushed an update that attempts to fix the TequilaActivityLog problem, download http://patch.savecoh.com/tequila.exe again and see if that helps. It should say version 1.0.0.18

Anyone with C# knowledge that wants to improve Tequila can do so by forking at https://github.com/leandrotlz/Tequila and sending patches back.

DeathSentry

• Underling
« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2016, 02:39:56 AM »
My AV program keeps flagging this as dangerous (spyware, etc)...

Sleepykitty

• The Napping Cat
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2016, 06:55:45 AM »
same here, keeps saying its a tojan
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I am Sleepy! Hear me Yawn!

o.o reachable at: My Paragonwiki Page

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2016, 02:54:13 AM »
same here, keeps saying its a tojan

:o The napping cat woke up!!?  Long time no see!