Author Topic: Titan Icon installer for Windows: Tequila!  (Read 335341 times)

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: Titan Icon installer for Windows: Tequila!
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 01:46:38 PM »
I cannot do any of my missions. how about a laucnher for COH to work  with not the stupid ncosft servers that is dead
NCASOFT was not able to get the publishing rights sold. the only thing is go around that is to remove the server entry
No, that is not the only thing.
The ENTIRE PROBLEM is that the actual gameplay logic is NOT part of the client.
Let's take this analogy: You know a demo file is a list of events that the client reads in and follows exactly during playback, right?
Well, here's the thing: That's pretty close to how the game worked with the actual server. The client sent your input to the server played back the response it got. There was some code to handle movement if the server response was delayed, but that's pretty much it. Missions, combat, enemy AI and so on DO NOT EXIST IN THE CLIENT ITSELF.
Your client did not tell the server "I hit the Clockwork with my Apocalyptic Mega Smasher, destroying it.".
Your client told the server "I shoot Apocalyptic Mega Smasher on the Clockwork" and the server responded "You are in range. Your to-hit is 90%. You hit the Clockwork. You damage the Clockwork for 40 HP. You destroy the clockwork. You gain XP. You gain INF."
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 01:31:08 PM »
That's a helpful illustration of the client/server relationship.

It's shows, in practical terms, to non-programmers and Coh fans in general how the game works.

I liked that example.

Azrael.

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 11:24:10 PM »
Are there any plans for Icon 8.0?  Just curious. 

A quick question for you Brainiacs out there:  I have 7.1 and Tequila installed & running fine.  My question is: There are times when I go to a map and wind up inside a building. :-X  How does one get out of said building?  For example: I think Kings Row was one of the maps where I wound up in a building (Wentworth's I think).

Thanks in advance for your help!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 12:22:33 AM »
Are there any plans for Icon 8.0?  Just curious. 

A quick question for you Brainiacs out there:  I have 7.1 and Tequila installed & running fine.  My question is: There are times when I go to a map and wind up inside a building. :-X  How does one get out of said building?  For example: I think Kings Row was one of the maps where I wound up in a building (Wentworth's I think).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Use No Clip mode.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Titan_Icon#Developer_Commands

The second line, in that section.

:)
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2014, 01:49:50 AM »
Azrael:  Just tried Icon with the "/no_clip" option and tried to go to Kings Row again and wound up in the Hospital. Oh well, thanx again for your help, I'll keep tryin'.  More than likely, cockpit trouble on my end. :-X

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 04:32:45 AM »
You can either /noclip (F5) and fly out, or you can hit F12 and it'll send you to a random spawn point. Just keep pressing it until you get somewhere close to where you want.

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 11:42:36 PM »
Codewalker:  F12 did the trick! Thanks for the assist!

Silverboy

• Underling
  • Help those WHo need help
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2014, 10:35:56 PM »
fack I forgot It Requires the Actual Coh Client In order to Play around with this Tequila x...x and I deleted My Client ........... ugh
> . < I do not Know If this Is possible but can anyone of you please pretty please Send me a Copy of the Coh Client IF Possible so i can play around with city of heroes miss my 1st mmorpg childhood game > . < add me on skype : Phengdemon

Quote: Love Isn't About Find a perfect Person but to see Imperfect In person

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

austin716

• Underling
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2014, 03:28:04 AM »
Thanks for the content. Long Live CoH!

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2014, 12:23:24 AM »
Well, I'm finally getting around to using this after upgrading my OS. It's downloading now. Does the install include the pop menus, or do I need to add those separately?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2014, 01:55:28 AM »
No, those are separate.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2014, 05:01:22 AM »
No, those are separate.

Thanks, I thought so.

I'm in Atlas now... where's the blimp??
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Bella1006

• Underling
  • Just another Stalker; a.k.a. Shandirra.
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2014, 02:09:23 PM »
Tried the other method (d/l'd the I24 CoH then the Icon packs). Got a map load error. Tried the Tequila. The d/l failed, due to errors, mostly maps and piggs. HELP?

Silverboy

• Underling
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2014, 12:26:31 AM »
Thanks for the content. Long Live CoH!

they've remove the download links there x...x

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2014, 12:51:08 AM »
they've remove the download links there x...x
The torrent download links are still very much there, and the torrent still has 20 seeds. Trust me that that option is preferable to direct download.

Silverboy

• Underling
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2014, 03:31:50 PM »
Ok i got it successfully runing now I don't how to Reload npc to like make city of heroes to be filled with npc's and also My Powers don't work nor almost alot other things don't work things don't work listed below

1. POWERS
2. NPC NOT THERE
3. TRAIN STATION NOT WORKING

can anyone help me out :3 add me on skype : Phengdemon

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2014, 05:07:37 PM »
It can't do those things. Icon is just for looking around the zones, playing with costumes, manually creating scenes with the various commands available. It's not and has never been for 'playing the game' or anything remotely like that.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Titan_Icon
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Silverboy

• Underling
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2014, 09:41:47 PM »
Okay The Next Question I got, Now I understand that Nothings working Powers/NPC/ETC don't work at all I get it. But the question Is that I've Seen Few, Youtube videos of people using Titian Icon To play and I've noticed they we're able to use powers/summon npc etc/ and play with others and as well as Fight. now Is It Some how possible to do that Or not please Contact me back A.S.P My SKype is Phengdemon my email Is deatheater1993@aol.com thank you again and Also I'm sorry If this was a confusing/Hard to understand/read question lol.  > . <

Garble

• Boss
  • Shy Weirdo
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2014, 09:53:07 PM »
Icon only lets one user on at a time. You can't play or fight with others. The only other characters in the zone are the NPCs that are either fixed, or the ones you spawn.