Author Topic: Searching for a CoH replacement  (Read 16324 times)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Re: Searching for a CoH replacement
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2014, 01:16:22 AM »
I thought about re-subbing to WOW but I can't play that game for more than a month or two at a time.

I re-installed Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine the other day but I found out last night. It's also shutting down, I just logged out.
:(

This is why I do a time card. I get my "fix," and it runs out around the time I'm getting tired of it.

As for SW:TOR, yeah, I'll probably peter out on that one once I've done all four story lines to max level. It's depressingly linear...
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2014, 01:28:19 AM »
This is why I do a time card. I get my "fix," and it runs out around the time I'm getting tired of it.

As for SW:TOR, yeah, I'll probably peter out on that one once I've done all four story lines to max level. It's depressingly linear...

It is but the story's are decent. I enjoyed getting from 1 to 50 but I had no desires to engage in the typical endgame raiding in that game.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2014, 07:09:43 AM »
It is but the story's are decent. I enjoyed getting from 1 to 50 but I had no desires to engage in the typical endgame raiding in that game.

I played the game when it was first released and stopped shortly after.

The main story line is a lot of fun, I suggest either starting with Sith Warrior or Operative both have cool stories.

The raiding in the game wasn't bad but when I was playing there was only 2 raids, and one was damn near impossible to beat on hardmode because it was so bugged that the last boss (Soa) would just de-spawn seconds before dying.  The real thing that is hard to play about SWTOR though is the side missions, because aside from the main story there is no variation at all every world is a quest hub and you have to do all the sidequests which never change to level your character properly to 50.

I couldn't play more then 2 characters to 50 because I got so sick of doing the same world, and same side quests over and over again.

Exxar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2014, 07:38:24 AM »
I couldn't play more then 2 characters to 50 because I got so sick of doing the same world, and same side quests over and over again.
This is my problem as well.

And the raiding hasn't really gotten much better. There's just a few operations and flashpoints and it gets stale very quickly.

ivinsp

• Underling
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2014, 01:19:29 PM »
One of the replacements that I've tried was TSW and I liked quite a lot of things about it, story design and look of it but the power limit and social aspect didn't live up to CoH so I bought a PS3 and stick mainly to offline games,  The Walking dead 1/2, The wolf among us, Uncharted series, The last of us etc