Author Topic: throw snowball mov/emote?  (Read 1084 times)

GamingGlen

• Boss
throw snowball mov/emote?
« on: December 15, 2013, 07:21:21 PM »
I don't see the action to throw a snowball on the Paragon Wiki's mov list.  I tried a few "emote_throwsnowball" and "throwsnowball" combinations and none worked.  Anyone know what it is? (and maybe get it added to that mov list). 

I know you're all busy at the ski chalet skiing and sliding and drinking virtual eggnog (it's 0 calories and fat free!)   ;D

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: throw snowball mov/emote?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 02:45:04 AM »
The mov is somewhere on the mov page (it seems to be called something generic because I can't find anything):
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Demo_Editing/List_of_MOVs
...but the snowball-trailing-sparkles effect is separate and I'm not sure how to pull that one off. Maybe someone has a demo of it.

EDIT: maybe the throwing?
RPS_ROCK
RPS_ROCK_CAST
RPS_ROCK_CYCLE
RPS_ROCK_PRE
---
THROWPROJECTILE
THROWPROJECTILE_POST
THROWPROJECTILE_PRE
---
??
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 04:38:24 AM »
The actual MOV command is "SMROCK", but it has "POWERS/ITEMSANDTEMPPOWERS/SNOWBALLTHROW.FX" attached to it.

33  48  MOV SMROCK 0
0   48  FX OneShot 309597 POWERS/ITEMSANDTEMPPOWERS/SNOWBALLTHROW.FX 0
0   48  FXSCALE 10.000000 10
0   48  ORIGIN ENT 0 0
0   48  TARGET POS XXX.X ZZZ.Z YYY.Y

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 07:58:26 PM »
Thanks all.  I had forgotten about rock throwing emotes.

wyldhunt

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 10:19:04 PM »
At least in Icon, try "/mov EMOTE_THROWSNOWFLAKES" - it works for me.

If using the Icon Development version (explained here: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,8967.0.html), you can also use "/seqbits EMOTE UNDERHANDTOSS FOUR"

Unfortunately, while "/mov INSTANT_SNOWSTORM" and "/seqbits OPENHOLIDAYGIFT SKYSUMMON" do show the animation for the snowstorm, the summoned object is not client-side, and would require a separate command to place the object.

Edit: Agh  :-[ - just saw you're looking for the snowball rather than snowflake. Oh, well. Leaving this here in case someone looks for what I included above...
Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2
Playing as Wyldhaunt on Rebirth