Author Topic: X-Play Review for CoH from March 2004  (Read 1394 times)

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
X-Play Review for CoH from March 2004
« on: December 01, 2013, 06:41:47 AM »

Hi, not sure if you all have seen this X Play review of City of Heroes before, but this is one of the earliest memories I have of this game and wanted to share it.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/8552/city-of-heroes-pc-review/

Mythic13

• Underling
Re: X-Play Review for CoH from March 2004
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 06:52:55 AM »
Good stuff. G4 was class back then. I cant recall if I saw this particular review or another when it orginally aired but either way...nice post.

edit: Just dawned on me that this March will mark an entire decade since that review aired. WOOOW  :o
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 07:05:59 AM by Mythic13 »
Accolades obtained: Atlas Medallion, Conspiracy Theorist, Headline Stealer. Freedom Phalanx Reserve Member, Demonic, Bloodletter, Archmage, Watchman, Vanguard

Jaybonaut

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 10:11:33 AM »
I have the original CoH review from Gamespot.  I think their website has a corrupted version of it but I have the whole thing from the day it hit.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 11:48:13 PM »
I think the first place I saw anything about CoH was on G4TV.com(the TV show version of it), with a brief spotlight on it which included one of te hosts joking that he was the one who motion captured the "monkey dance" emote(/em dance6, I believe...)...

It trigued me and my brother enough that when it launched my brother bought it, and eventually I got my own account so we could play together, then subsequently I took over his account when he stopped playing.

It's a shame the station went down its self destructive path of "boobs and cars TV" and derailed itself into oblivion, because I use to watch it all the time before then. You know, when the G in G4 actually stood for Games and not God-aweful...

WildFire15

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 06:57:05 PM »
first place I saw CoH was in PCZone magazine, which has sadly since died. I usually skipped past the online gaming stuff as it wasn't my thing at the time, but CoH caught my eye simply because it wasn't high fantasy. Didn't actually play it until a friend who got the trial with PC Gamer insisted I try it and got instantly hooked.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 09:26:59 PM »
Oh man those sound effects MAKE ME SOOOOOOO HOMESICK, OMG!

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 09:44:40 PM »
G4... don't remind me.

TechTV was yet another great thing that I loved that was perfect and got taken away. I'd curse G4 for what they did, but I think that would be redundant now. lol

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 02:21:26 AM »
The part that stuck out to me is the bit about the interface.  It put a smile on my face.  I loved that interface...