Author Topic: Civilization V: Brave New World  (Read 1419 times)

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
Civilization V: Brave New World
« on: November 20, 2013, 07:43:46 PM »
Who else has been playing the new Civ expansion? A friend gifted it to me via Steam and I've been playing it ever since... perhaps playing it a bit TOO much. I'm sleep deprived right now, lol.

I got the G+K expansion as well, so I'm getting to see everything they've changed in BNW. I particularly enjoy the new tourism aspects. That's especially fun if a civ you have cultural influence over is itself experience excess unhappiness. That gives a good chance that at least one of their cities will actually defect to your side. I'd kinda missed that feature from Civ 4.

Beyond that, I just love making pretty civs. I downloaded a mod that shrinks the size of the units in the game so they don't look so much like giants trampling through cities. I also found a mod that lets you use the Austrians' "diplomatic marriage" to city-states from any civ in the game. I found another mod that lets any civ use terrace farms, though you still need to get the Inca DLC for that.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
Re: Civilization V: Brave New World
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 02:40:13 AM »
I've been playing it since it came out.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 05:38:00 AM »
I got it right when it came out, when they accidentally put it on sale with everything else Civ 5 related. It's pretty good.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 07:38:52 PM »
Gods & Kings changed the game enough that I can no longer consistently win on the Warlord setting.

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 10:05:33 PM »
Do the expansions include the base game or would I need to buy them all?
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 11:54:04 PM »
No, they don't. What you want is the Gold Edition, which includes the base game, Gods & Kings and I think all the DLC. Then just buy Brave New World on top of that and you'll have everything.

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 12:00:18 AM »
OK.  Thanks!
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.