Author Topic: Villains & Vigilantes Card Game on KS  (Read 1327 times)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
Villains & Vigilantes Card Game on KS
« on: November 17, 2013, 09:40:03 PM »
Howdy! Any of you folks out there like card games? Because I just found one on Kickstarter called "Villains & Vigilantes" that looks pretty cool. It's based on the old RPG of the same name, and features a classic superhero vs supervillain setting.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamesalute/villains-and-vigilantes-card-game

They're already well past basic funding, and are looking to make the game even bigger and better with stretch goals. And if you really like the look of it, there's even a tier where you can get a custom deck put together. It will have two one-of-a-kind cards designed just for you, including brand new artwork comissioned to show your character and their signature power.

Even if you're not interested yourself, maybe you could help them out by passing the link around to your hero and villain friends who might be.

Thanks for thinking about it, and stay safe out there! :D

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
Re: Villains & Vigilantes Card Game on KS
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 09:51:33 PM »
OMG, they haven't changed that logo font in 30 years!  And Jeff Dee is still working on it!

The image on that Blast of Force card is from the original rulebook, I think.  Maybe 2nd edition.   And the Stormlord, Evergreen, and Mercury Mercenary cards.

I don't have friends that play card games, otherwise I might be tempted.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 10:02:22 PM »
Hehe, according to Update 3 they are remaking the art with new artists. They probably just used his stuff as placeholders because they needed something visual. ;D

DBadger

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 08:02:41 AM »
Was quite fond of the old RPG, mainly due it being my first encounter with Bill Willinghams work (on the adventures  Death Duel with the Destroyers and The Island of Dr. Apocalypse) which became an obsession starting with the Elementals and continuing to this day through Fables.