Author Topic: A fallen Hero  (Read 1240 times)

Lithy

• Minion
A fallen Hero
« on: November 16, 2013, 11:00:13 PM »
I got a message today, forwarded by another member of the COH community on Triumph. I am passing it on, as requested. This seems to be the place to reach the largest number of CoH players.

"It is with great sadness that I send this message... On November 11, 2013 Jeff Schreiber, the life behind FireFlyte and many other toons, was tragically killed in a car accident. I was in the car with him and feel fortunate to have been by his side as he took his last breath...I know not how to contact the CoH community. I know they will want to know. I ask that you please share this information with everyone you can think of. I know he touched the lives of many...The injuries to my body were relatively minor, but my heart is broken forver...Please, be safe...Kathi Schreiber (Aladri)"

Lithy raises her glass in silent toast to FireFlyte, and all of the other fallen Heroes of Paragon City.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Re: A fallen Hero
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 01:17:13 AM »
Oh, man, this is sad news, indeed. I teamed with Fireflyte several times while badge hunting on Triumph: first when spawn-camping the Contaminated in Recluse's Victory, and then on multiple MoSTF attempts. He was always a great player and a great person, and it's tough to mourn another member of the CoH community.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Kathi and the rest of Jeff's family and friends.

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
Re: A fallen Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 02:38:49 PM »
My condolences to Kathi and to all of Jeff "FireFlyte" Schreiber's family and friends.

In June this year I too lost a close friend and fellow CoH player. I've found it's difficult sometimes to explain to non-players the special bond that CoH players share, but I know that everyone here will understand what I mean when I say that we feel it's important to remember the heroes created by friends who have passed. We do this because those heroes weren't simply pixels on a screen, they were a part of someone's imagination. They were quite literally that person's dream brought to life.

And so long as we remember those heroes - and indeed our own - those dreams will live on too.