Author Topic: Remember City of Heroes this November 30th!  (Read 27862 times)

Starkzilla

• Underling
Re: Remember City of Heroes this November 30th!
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2013, 06:18:04 AM »
Having a blast here on the steps of City Hall #4 in CO!! LOTS of people have shown up tonight!!  :D

Oh man it's going on now? On my way!

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2013, 06:26:20 AM »
7-8 people so far in Secret World!

Mythic13

• Underling
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2013, 06:38:05 AM »
RIP COH. Can't believe its been a year...

Feels like an eternity since I was last in Paragon  :'(
Accolades obtained: Atlas Medallion, Conspiracy Theorist, Headline Stealer. Freedom Phalanx Reserve Member, Demonic, Bloodletter, Archmage, Watchman, Vanguard

Mythic13

• Underling
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2013, 06:57:59 AM »
Accolades obtained: Atlas Medallion, Conspiracy Theorist, Headline Stealer. Freedom Phalanx Reserve Member, Demonic, Bloodletter, Archmage, Watchman, Vanguard

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2013, 07:05:00 AM »
I'm waiting on the steps near the Ul'dahn Adventurer's Guild right now in FFXIV.
/em raises a glass. "Next year in the Ski Chalet!"
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

Bold

• Minion
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2013, 07:26:23 AM »
Me and a couple of guildies are in Lion's Arch on Yak's Bend server in GW2. We got our torches out. Standing on the steps of the bank.

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2013, 07:35:34 AM »
Some screens from tonight's meeting on the steps of City Hall.  That's me as Void Summoner, right next to Pogoman and Brou. ;D

Always remembering - went into a demo from that night 1 year ago for this shot.
Whoa!  Where did that take place?  Then again I'm noticing a lot of Crabs.  In the Isles then?
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

Exo-buster

• Underling
  • Late to the party as usual
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2013, 11:00:47 AM »
I started City of heroes towards the end, in August I believe.  I could have started playing much sooner, but I had parents who were antsy about subscription based games, and when I moved to South Africa I had to make do with pre-paid internet for a while and didn't find out City of Heroes went free to play for a while, though I always was interested.   In it I found one of the nicest, most polite communities I've ever encountered in a long time with such an eclectic meeting of various interests coming together to make something unique. 

It made me dearly wish I hopped on board earlier. 

I think the very first time I became aware of CoX is when I bought City of Villains as a kid but at the time didn't have an internet connection, which made me quite disappointed as at the time, I didn't know how MMOs worked.  I remembered enthusiastically reading the manual though. 

Maybe I could have started earlier if I were more convincing with my parents.  I mean, it couldn't have been harder than convincing them to get a magazine subscription right?

But honestly I can't just linger on the what ifs. 

It was an amazing game and I was excited to take part of it during my limited time with it and dearly wished I could have been part of the community longer.

And it seems I'm late to the party again.  Drat.  :P
I'm dubious that anyone remembers me from the last few days of CoH at Virtue, but it is indeed I, Exo-Buster.

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2013, 02:12:10 PM »
Think of yourself as early for 2015.

Exo-buster

• Underling
  • Late to the party as usual
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2013, 03:14:30 PM »
Think of yourself as early for 2015.
Bah, it's no fun to be early unless you've only got seconds left on the wire.   ;)
I'm dubious that anyone remembers me from the last few days of CoH at Virtue, but it is indeed I, Exo-Buster.

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2013, 04:12:34 PM »
Some screens from tonight's meeting on the steps of City Hall.  That's me as Void Summoner, right next to Pogoman and Brou. ;D

Whoa!  Where did that take place?  Then again I'm noticing a lot of Crabs.  In the Isles then?

Thank you for taking those pics! It was amazing to see SOOOO many people show up last night. I think one or two non-COH'ers stopped by to see what the crowd was for. Standing on the steps of City Hall was very reminiscent of the AP33 days.
We all did the CO 'AFK' emote- kneeling with head bowed down at 3am EST.

"City of Heroes is gone, for now, but NEVER forgotten in our hearts.  They shut down our home but not our community.  We salute those we have lost this past year. We look to the future to our new homes- CoT, H&V, and VO."

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2013, 07:44:12 PM »
/em sigh

I tried... but I couldn't do it. I couldn't take part in any festivities. Too angry at life and the world in general... and at NCSoft in particular for killing one of my few respites from it. too tired to go down to the public library to download a client for CO again,  too angry and depressed to write the fan fic I intended to write... just.... ugh.  :'(
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2013, 08:51:19 PM »
/em sigh

I tried... but I couldn't do it. I couldn't take part in any festivities. Too angry at life and the world in general... and at NCSoft in particular for killing one of my few respites from it. too tired to go down to the public library to download a client for CO again,  too angry and depressed to write the fan fic I intended to write... just.... ugh.  :'(
I feel the same way...I wrote my letters to Dr.Evil of NCsoft, wrote other companies to buy CoH, etc, as per Titan website suggested many moons ago....So I didn't sit on my duff, even learned Blender to a comfortable point for kicks.

Kind of waking up to the fact CoH is gone and NCsoft has no plans to relinquish the game to any 3rd party vendor out of spite to us dedicated subscribers.
"Appreciate you all for making us rich, Thank you and Good riddance."
I was not really an avid gamer, I experimented with CoH as a diversion to get over personal problems 7+ years ago and discovered something much more to my surprise.

CoH was 'alive' as it was a special community and that can't be easily duplicated. Thank you fellow players for making it a wonderful virtual reality paradise.
.........Guess that's life, appreciate good times while supplies last.  :-*

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2013, 09:14:47 PM »
I feel the same way...I wrote my letters to Dr.Evil of NCsoft, wrote other companies to buy CoH, etc, as per Titan website suggested many moons ago....So I didn't sit on my duff, even learned Blender to a comfortable point for kicks.

Kind of waking up to the fact CoH is gone and NCsoft has no plans to relinquish the game to any 3rd party vendor out of spite to us dedicated subscribers.
"Appreciate you all for making us rich, Thank you and Good riddance."
I was not really an avid gamer, I experimented with CoH as a diversion to get over personal problems 7+ years ago and discovered something much more to my surprise.

CoH was 'alive' as it was a special community and that can't be easily duplicated. Thank you fellow players for making it a wonderful virtual reality paradise.
.........Guess that's life, appreciate good times while supplies last.  :-*

Yeah. Always have to cherish the good while it's there as if it single day is it's last.

And that can be applied to people, games, things, money, anything. Because that one day it's taken for granted, it's gone and sometimes may not come back.

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2013, 01:14:58 AM »
Okay, here's a shot from The Secret World.

Seven of us (one more showed later, but some had already left).

0nehanklap

• Lieutenant
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2013, 03:20:39 PM »

Sorry, didn't notice the question beneath all the pics -

That pic was in our coalition SG Base on Justice, with all members who showed up & some alts&Villain-side composited in later, plus a couple of the NPC Heroes/Villains on the stage.  I had originally intended to insert all the cast, but after the final closure I couldn't seem to even deal with the thought of "finishing" it.