Author Topic: Remember City of Heroes this November 30th!  (Read 27870 times)

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Re: Remember City of Heroes this November 30th!
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2013, 12:24:55 AM »
That sounds like a plan, is there a way for toons without flight or ground leaving powers to get there?

There is an elevator at the base of the building.
Spess

Sarge Morris

• Minion
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2013, 01:49:46 AM »
In CO, how about in the middle of Ren Center, or up in the blimp?

I like this, but the blimp is rather secluded.  The question becomes are we doing this for us or to send a message?  If its just for us, I'll be up in the blimp.  If we're trying to send a message, we want to be much more out in the open in which case to hell with the PvPers, we oughta do this in the middle of the Ren Center.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2013, 02:52:16 AM »
I'm currently playing EQ2 and CO. I'll be in CO that night because EQ2 wouldn't feel right and I'd likely be alone anyways.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2013, 11:00:58 AM »
I like this, but the blimp is rather secluded.  The question becomes are we doing this for us or to send a message?  If its just for us, I'll be up in the blimp.  If we're trying to send a message, we want to be much more out in the open in which case to hell with the PvPers, we oughta do this in the middle of the Ren Center.
The idea is for it to be both for us and to send a message. So a public place is ideal. Somewhere everyone can see and join in.

amfarcus

• Underling
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2013, 11:35:26 AM »
Well I do want to do this in the middle of the ren center it is a good idea, but we can't get mad or upset if the pvpers start complaining though.

Senkan

• Minion
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2013, 11:42:59 AM »
I'll be in Avengers tower in Marvel Heroes.  Probably be on Storm who was closest to my main Dark Oasis (Illusion/Storm Controller).

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2013, 03:56:01 PM »
I'll either be in Elder Scrolls Online (depending if they're running servers or not), or Valiance Online's alpha test...
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

snazzzy

• Underling
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2013, 03:19:39 AM »
I will be in TSW as Snazzz when the time comes for our anniversary night.........having a drink or two toasting a great game that still has a lot of impact on the players who loved to 'FLY'....Miss you all sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2013, 08:08:13 AM »
Well I do want to do this in the middle of the ren center it is a good idea, but we can't get mad or upset if the pvpers start complaining though.

They can go to other instances, I suppose. Which brings up: How will we know which RenCen instance to gather in?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Sarge Morris

• Minion
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2013, 09:07:57 AM »
They can go to other instances, I suppose. Which brings up: How will we know which RenCen instance to gather in?

I'll volunteer to take command of the CO memorial.  I'll broadcast on both Zone and the CoX channel and probably The Cape what instance I'm in.

If there's any other channels I should broadcast in to let people know where to go, let me know, but I think I've got most of the bases covered.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 09:18:26 AM by Sarge Morris »

amfarcus

• Underling
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2013, 02:44:37 PM »
Sounds good Sarge. :)

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2013, 02:55:40 PM »
You could gather on top of the tailor building. That's were the cape ends up a lot and it is out of pvp range but visible.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2013, 04:23:21 PM »
I'll volunteer to take command of the CO memorial.  I'll broadcast on both Zone and the CoX channel and probably The Cape what instance I'm in.

If there's any other channels I should broadcast in to let people know where to go, let me know, but I think I've got most of the bases covered.

Don't forget to put a message on CORP. Lot of ex players are on CORP (Champions Online Role Playing)

Sarge Morris

• Minion
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2013, 05:28:36 PM »
Don't forget to put a message on CORP. Lot of ex players are on CORP (Champions Online Role Playing)

Wilco, was not aware that channel existed.  I've been looking for something like that, to, thank you.

bootsoffire

• Underling
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2013, 08:42:07 AM »
Second Life CoH Torch Rally: Metrotopia - City of Superheroes, Research Island Denmark In front of the Museum of Superheroes Saturday 9pm SL time... when you zone into the sim there are a ton of freebie costume pieces if you want to create a new or old toon. I'll be waiting with my torch, I've already taken a clear mind  ;D

Pheonyx

• Underling
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2013, 06:26:41 PM »
I am planning to do a show in honor of CoH tomorrow from 5-8PM Eastern for The Cape Radio.

And you may want to pay attention to the last 10-15 minutes of the show, specifically.

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2013, 09:42:41 PM »
I announced the other night about CO in game. The middle of Ren Center works for me. On my blogtalk show tonight, I will run down the list of everything going on tomorrow. Hope to see everybody there, in game tomorrow or in the chat room for the show later tonight! :)

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2013, 02:59:20 AM »
I don't play any other online games, so I'm not going to be able to meet anyone that way. However, I do plan on spending some time here and on ICON.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2013, 05:21:41 AM »
I'll be in the middle of Ren Center tomorrow night, most likely on Void Summoner.  Just spread the word in the CoX channel and I'll be there!
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2013, 08:38:46 AM »
Okay, my phone woke me up (I still have its alarm defaulting to the new tutorial "Hello?  Hello!  Oh good you're there.  The City is being destroyed!  Jump that chasm and get outta there!") with the alert for today.

I actually took the time to collect my thoughts here:

http://www.cox-supergroups.com/perspective-from-a-year-later/