Author Topic: Army of Me--and You  (Read 1559 times)

Menrva Channel

• Boss
Army of Me--and You
« on: October 31, 2013, 03:59:06 AM »
So... I think one of the things I was most sad about was something I had always wanted do do but never got around to actually doing it when sunset hit... Now, it was probably a /terrible/ idea, and my computer probably would have hated me and the server probably would have too... but... I always wanted to do the mission for the badge "Army of Me" (an epic mission, a fun chain, and a totally cool badge) with the 8 setting for the badge--and run it with /8 Masterminds/ (as in, you have the Mastermind with the mission and then 7 other Masterminds to help you out). The sheer number of things running amuck probably would have destroyed the server, the map, and the connection... and I'm sure the lag would have been dreadful--but it sounded so crazy and fun that I wish I had tried it.

That got me to thinking... was I the only one who wanted to do this? And did 8 brave souls ever attempt this? If so, I'd love to hear stories. If not, are there any great stories about getting the Army of Me badge?

I think one of my worst runs was when I took my kin in there. I had a costume of him as a tiny dragon, and so at the end, we had 8 tiny kins dragons running at my group of four villains (I think he was a corruptor... or was this after I remade him... I think he might have been illusion/kin and a troller... bah, I'll have to look up the Sentinel File later...). And OMG--let me tell you. Pain pain and more pain. XD For not being a hard hitter as a player, I was amazed by the amount of damage they could do. I think we only won because someone dropped team on a 50 brute. XD
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 04:06:39 AM by Menrva Channel »

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
Re: Army of Me--and You
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 12:27:04 PM »
Well... I didn't take on Army of Me on x8 clones with eight Masterminds.

Instead, I did it with one.  Admittedly, a whole lot of team inspirations were involved, and it helped that I was Demons/Thermal and had a lot of -res to speed things up (Killed a couple clones before they could summon all of their henchmen by blitzing them as soon as they spawned, too).

I'm not surprised a set of /kin doppelgangers would prove so troublesome.  Even if all they have is Siphon Power, when 8 of them hit you with that all at once, you can't do jack for damage, and they're all rocking nearly double damage.  If they got Fulcrum Shift too, it's even nastier - that stacks up to 10, and ten stacks of fulcrum shift will make things evaporate.  Siphon Speed means you're never going to catch up to them - they will eat your movement speed and use it to become Sonic the Hedgehog.

Another thing you never want to fight doppelgangers of - Stalkers.  The fight will be over in seconds with you laying on the floor, and they're tougher than they might at first seem.

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 08:33:27 PM »
My main's arch nemesis, Cadmium Capacitor (the "Zoom" to my "Flash") was an elec/kin corruptor.  I ran "army of me" x8 solo the first time.  I *think* I lasted about 5 seconds, and that was with purples popped like a madman.

I then hit up SG members for help.  Got a team of 8 together.  And then we STILL almost got our behinds handed to us.  Solo, unoptimized, nothing but SO's and IO's slotted, I didn't think Cad was a force to be reckoned with.  He did better with skulking in the shadows, having puppets get their hands dirty.

But man, several kins stacked?  Oh. My. God.

That was just before I decided to draft folks for an all Def/Cor/Troller ITF.  Rommie MELTED at the end.
Beware the mighty faceplant!

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 02:19:26 AM »
Likewise, my Demon/Time MM had to get a hand to grab "Army of Me."  Man, it got ugly fast on my first solo attempt...

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 03:28:24 AM »
Another thing you never want to fight doppelgangers of - Stalkers.  The fight will be over in seconds with you laying on the floor, and they're tougher than they might at first seem.
This, the first time I tried to go for Army of me on "Master of Senses" I did so on a Kat/Ninja stalker inspired by Sosuke Aizen and they obliterated me even with def and res capped teaching me that they were the true masters of senses and that they only allowed me to believe I was the real deal because it amused them  :'(
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 09:04:50 PM »
Plant control doppelgangers could also just about kill the server. Creeper Vines spawning off of Creeper Vines = Thank god for target caps.

TriNitroToluene

• Minion
  • Triumph Server....the few, the proud, the pantless
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 06:54:05 PM »
Man, I wanted to run with 8 MM's at x8 too.  Or even an 8 MM TF.  Just to see how ugly it could get.  Sadly, there were so many things I didn't get done.

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 05:12:32 AM »
Man, I wanted to run with 8 MM's at x8 too.  Or even an 8 MM TF.  Just to see how ugly it could get.  Sadly, there were so many things I didn't get done.

I knew I wasn't alone! XD I know it probably would have killed the mission but man.. it'd have been an epic death. XD

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 10:43:43 AM »
I did it with my demons/pain MM, but I outleveled the mish first. I think I also used shivans.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Reiraku

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 10:45:21 AM »
8X Thugs/Dark MMs

GANG WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!