Author Topic: I still miss it...  (Read 4339 times)

KingsGambit

• Underling
Re: I still miss it...
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 02:12:34 PM »
One of the big reasons Illusion didn't get ported is that Illusion does far too much damage. Which is fine on controllers that don't otherwise have a great deal of damage capability and gain such in return for less control power. But Dominators have higher potential damage output than controllers and a whole secondary devoted to pumping out damage. Imagine adding 3 indestructible tanks that also deal out pretty considerable damage AND a perma pocket energy blaster pet to the mix. It would far and away be better than any other Dominator primary IMO. I'd imagine if Illusion got ported it would differ from controller's Illusion significantly. I'd expect to see Phantom Army be altered or replaced at the very least.
Looking at the set now, Phantom Army is the main culprit to an otherwise portable powerset, with tweaks, well that and Spectal Wounds.

Domi sets always had single immobilise, single hold, multi immobilise, multi hold and a pet at tier 9. So four powers left of differing uses, of which deceive, invisibility and spectral terror could be left alone. Other's could've been repurposed to fit the normal domi framework and damage values balanced accordingly and all without losing the essence of the set. Saying that, your point about it not being so simple does stand, I hadn't given it an in depth look. It's entirely possible there's an element of wanting what one couldn't have ;-) I had only two 50s blue-side and the rest were villains....because that's how I roll  :P

Illusion/Psi domi really would've been bad arse.  8)