Author Topic: we should have this guy make 18 foot statesmen for convention.  (Read 2034 times)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: we should have this guy make 18 foot statesmen for convention.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 09:48:57 PM »
I wish someone could somehow get ahold of this statue from the Korean NCSoft lobby, and bring it here...for us to have

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 09:50:14 PM »
You could sure lay on some blunt force trauma with that statute!

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 07:33:43 AM »
They moved so I bet they hadn't bothered to unpack it.  Or even take it with them.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 03:25:46 PM »
Since they discarded the players, I guess it makes sense to discard the game's symbol....
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 04:54:21 PM »
Making a statue that big isn't that hard, it's paying for it that's the tricky part. Getting it into a convention is a different matter all together.

Heck, I could probably do it myself if I had the time and funding, but the only ways to get funding that I know of would draw NCSoft's ire, plus I have no access to a forge to do proper bronzing of something on that scale, since I only know traditional methods of sculpting such statues... Besides, where would I keep the thing as I worked on it, and how would I transport it to a convention to put on display, let alone, where would it's permanent home be (because my Dad might object to dropping it in our front lawn...)...?

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 07:21:41 PM »
Making a statue that big isn't that hard, it's paying for it that's the tricky part. Getting it into a convention is a different matter all together.

Heck, I could probably do it myself if I had the time and funding, but the only ways to get funding that I know of would draw NCSoft's ire, plus I have no access to a forge to do proper bronzing of something on that scale, since I only know traditional methods of sculpting such statues... Besides, where would I keep the thing as I worked on it, and how would I transport it to a convention to put on display, let alone, where would it's permanent home be (because my Dad might object to dropping it in our front lawn...)...?
One argument for the front lawn would be that it might attract the birds away from the car in the driveway when they do their business. Statues are like that.  ;)
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 08:45:56 PM »
One argument for the front lawn would be that it might attract the birds away from the car in the driveway when they do their business. Statues are like that.  ;)

That argument wouldn't work, especially since my Dad is still waiting for me to make him a Gargoyle for the lawn... I'm pretty sure he'd be upset that I didn't make his Gargoyle first...

Speaking of which, I probably need to get back in touch with one of my teachers about her art studio so I can start doing some of this kind of stuff... I haven't sculpted anything in years, and I kind of miss it... (My first skill in art was with sculpting, and is arguably still my best, yet underused, skill, and it was always my favorite creative outlet....)