Author Topic: Child board for STO.  (Read 1616 times)

JRVthatsME

• Lieutenant
  • When times are hard, take a stand and dont give up
Child board for STO.
« on: September 29, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »
Consider how many of us are now playing Star Trek Online and the fact that it is getting talked about a lot on the various CoH facebook pages, I think it would be worth making a child board here for it as was done with Champions Online. It would be hand to keep all the STO info in one spot and we can create guide for new players and everything that we do in the Champions Online child board.

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
Re: Child board for STO.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 01:48:28 PM »
Consider how many of us are now playing Star Trek Online and the fact that it is getting talked about a lot on the various CoH facebook pages, I think it would be worth making a child board here for it as was done with Champions Online. It would be hand to keep all the STO info in one spot and we can create guide for new players and everything that we do in the Champions Online child board.
This.  I just started playing STO again and am amazed at how good it is for a FTP game.
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 03:06:49 PM »
I could see it if there was a lot of discussion here about STO, but wasn't the last time someone brought up STO somewhere back in July?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Dollhouse

• Boss
  • "What will happen? Will I dream?"
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 09:17:28 PM »
If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say more CoH players are playing The Secret World and SWTOR than STO. I play both, although I don't think I'll renew SWTOR once my current sub expires.

The largest contingent is surely on CO, of course...

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 07:36:22 AM »
Darn you people... You made me remember I had a lifetime subscription to ST:O, and now I'm playing it again... :P

Trying something different this time though and am using an app on my iPad called Star Controller to control my ship by connecting my iPad to my computer through my wifi... I must say, it makes piloting a star ship in the Star Trek universe feel much more authentic(save for those occasions when I still need to use my mouse), and in a way that makes it more fun than before...

Anyways, considering the current lack of a main game for our community with CoX's current status, I'm actually surprised that we don't have more sub-forums for at least some of the more popular MMOs that are out there right now(besides the ones already mentioned, there's GW/2, DCUO, and NW, just to name a few)... I mean, "Other Games" as a whole section is a rather broad range, so wouldn't a couple sub-forums make it easier to have multiple discussions of different games take place without cluttering up the forum(or a single giant thread)? I know in several of the "main" threads for certain games a variety of questions have been asked at one point or another, and it's sometimes hard to spot those questions(or in some cases the answers) in a thread that's 5+ pages long, and making a new thread feels like its discouraged even if it is a slightly different topic about the same game, because that game already has a thread...

Just my two Inf(Not that Influence is worth anything anymore... Thanks NCSoft, now my opinions are worth even less! :gonk: :o)...