Author Topic: Mega D Scorage  (Read 5824 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Mega D Scorage
« on: September 29, 2013, 03:26:18 AM »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
Re: Mega D Scorage
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 05:31:42 AM »
Gratz. I got one of those Backup Witchcrafts and two of the become resistance robot things, so far.

My first perma Become
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 04:33:23 PM »
I've barely had a chance to play but am hoping to change that today. Got that Become on like the 3rd try.

I'm surprised no one has commented on the event yet. It's kinda a zergfest, huh. Zerg, zerg, try to maintain dps and collect a toy.

It's definitely no Hami or Mothership raid or Incarnate trial or Plane of Fear run (digging back into the archives..) but I'm all about the toys so can't complain too much.

While we're commenting on new content.. I've commented on the timing of things before with the device nerf that happened right at the first of the big anniversary party. If it was me and I was a new studio trying to make an impression I think I wouldn't dive right in with trying to fix major game balance issues. There are a ton of easy things to start with like animation bugs and general gameplay bugs that hamper gameplay - things, that when fixed, will make everyone happy. When you start nerfing, no matter what the intention, you're gonna make some enemies - so to make that a first priority doesn't seem like a great plan to me.

Just my two cents. I like the game and plan to play a lot more of it. Not trying to be the big critic. Do hope that they don't screw Lee up tho. This is my point on timing. I, and others to a lot more heightened degree, are thinking about this kind of stuff during a party. I even ditched my anniversary costumes. Seems a bad time to appear to be a fanboi. The day before I heard about the device nerf, Lee was enjoying his first clothes ever and looked kinda good in them I thought.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 04:50:01 PM »
I've done it a couple of times and got pretty much nothing significant: 200 Q one time and a Level 5 mod the next.

The lag is kinda significant.

JRVthatsME

• Lieutenant
  • When times are hard, take a stand and dont give up
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 05:11:36 PM »
You know aside from the head, if used with a super magnifier it that become black talon would make a great battle mech look.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 05:32:17 PM »
If you have particles turned up and you turn them down (I forget the setting atm..) then you'll potentially get a lot less lag. It's not unusual to have to play with video settings during 'raid' time to reduce lag. There is a command line setting to do the this that maybe someone here knows. Can be you have to play with other settings too. I've not ran into serious network lag probs on the few runs I've made.
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 08:28:39 PM »
Okay. I got an Action Figure and a Temp Backup Kinetix so that's not too bad.

Of course at one point I was the 7th Most Damaging Person in the Event (Thanks to my Hovertank) and I got nothing more than 200 q so it really is a crapshoot.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »
Of course at one point I was the 7th Most Damaging Person in the Event

Wow. Impressive!

5 mins to the next one!
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 09:19:29 PM »
I just placed #3 in dmg in Zone 5!  : D
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 09:24:57 PM »
I just placed #3 in dmg in Zone 5!  : D

Congrats. :D

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 09:56:02 PM »
tyvm and 5 mins to the next one. I didn't think I could rank that high with Luckshot. His gear is kinda not up to par. I'm gonna have to give it some extra effort on this next go! hehe prolly just got Lucky last time.

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 10:24:23 PM »
Zone 1 proved to be a tougher crowd hehe. I placed like 547th
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 05:40:24 PM »
Score!

Got it on the 2nd to last pop of the event.
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 06:08:27 PM »
Lucky! I got a backup Kinetic and a backup Ironclad out of it, both temps.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 06:46:34 PM »
I do seem to get lucky with CO loot. May be one reason I like the game.

Now... who to give it to..

Hey, I just popped online to check something and the event is still going today. I dunno for how long. It was supposed to end at 10:00 pst.
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 06:52:13 PM »
Just read a Forum post. They are going to let it run until Tuesday morning now to make up for the rocky start.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 05:40:25 PM »
My Grimoire character, Doctor Outre, received a most fitting random reward for helping to defeat the Mega-Destroyers' attack on Champions HQ: the Backup! - Witchcraft permanent device! Now, magic-wielding Doc Outre can summon Witchcraft to help him in battle--cool!

Additionally, my Impulse character, Gravi-Metrik, received the Backup! - Sapphire limited device, which will disappear after he summons her three times--still pretty cool.

Otherwise, my characters received disappointing rewards during the event. For example, my Tempest character, Human Taser, tallied second place in the damage list for one run, but he received a piece of green secondary gear. However, Doc Outre getting perma-Witchcraft made up for all the disappointments.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 07:19:58 AM by Todogut »

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 11:07:02 PM »
Yerg, 15 seconds?  Dofus and CoH have both apparently spoiled me as far as summon durations go.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 11:25:49 PM »
Yerg, 15 seconds?

Yeah but they are supposed to do a besquillion points of damage.

Grats Todo for not only the loot, but knowing what toon to give it to hehe.

That's cool that the perma-Becomes from the event don't bind!
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 11:55:12 PM »
Yeah but they are supposed to do a besquillion points of damage.

Grats Todo for not only the loot, but knowing what toon to give it to hehe.

That's cool that the perma-Becomes from the event don't bind!

I got my last run Monday night. I placed second in damage ... and got a piece of green gear and 1 merit. :D