Author Topic: Champions online Rude tells  (Read 8931 times)

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: Champions online Rude tells
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 05:20:59 AM »
Sometimes you run into plain scum in MMOs. Maybe you were spared that back in CoH, but this is different. Fortunately it is easier to cope with it here. No ignore list size limit! Also, you can shut most unsolicited annoyances down in the social tab (O) and click Privacy Options.
yeah

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 12:04:40 AM »
One big problem though, you can get Permanently chat banned from chat merely for being ignored by to many people.  You'd think it's a good thing, however they can ignore you to.  TO many different people ignoring you = chat banned even if its not warrented.  Alot of people on the CO forums agree it's a terrible policy, especially since some groups actively troll others using that.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2013, 01:09:14 AM »
One big problem though, you can get Permanently chat banned from chat merely for being ignored by to many people.  You'd think it's a good thing, however they can ignore you to.  TO many different people ignoring you = chat banned even if its not warrented.  Alot of people on the CO forums agree it's a terrible policy, especially since some groups actively troll others using that.
yup.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 01:42:10 AM »

A big problem for WHO?

lol

come on guys, what.. sheesh.

let's get back to our racial slurring (can someone tell me who the minority is these days plz?), stalk some honeys, and try to intimidate someone until they think our opinion matters enough that they try to hurt themselves.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 02:07:37 AM »
A big problem for WHO?

lol

come on guys, what.. sheesh.

let's get back to our racial slurring (can someone tell me who the minority is these days plz?), stalk some honeys, and try to intimidate someone until they think our opinion matters enough that they try to hurt themselves.
Got to love MMOs and people on the internet. :D

No wonder there are so many "cynical" views of society these days.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 04:12:45 AM »
Heh, most of my cynicism is that I seem to have entered a dark age of gaming again.  There are always "light" ages with awsome games and "dark" ages where all the games out there are kinda 'meh'.  It seems today is a somwhat dark age for gaming to be honest.  Champions online had the misfortune of being caught by the influence of the bad trends to be honest, including drastic measures to prevent trolling that just, well, don't work and actually give the trolls a new weapon.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2013, 04:52:06 AM »
Heh, most of my cynicism is that I seem to have entered a dark age of gaming again.  There are always "light" ages with awsome games and "dark" ages where all the games out there are kinda 'meh'.  It seems today is a somwhat dark age for gaming to be honest.  Champions online had the misfortune of being caught by the influence of the bad trends to be honest, including drastic measures to prevent trolling that just, well, don't work and actually give the trolls a new weapon.

yeah trolls are like roaches. The best way to deal with them is to prevent them in the first place but once they are there, they are a PITA to rid off and only way is to crush then when they appear and take away their food.

Sure you can go the CO route of trying to train them to step on each other. Which wont work.

AT that point there is nothing left to do but go in and lay down the law.

People only do what they can get away with.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2013, 02:53:00 PM »
*shrug*

I seem to have downloaded the drama free version of CO.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2013, 03:24:53 PM »
*shrug*

I seem to have downloaded the drama free version of CO.

yeah? In relative terms, it's actually the most drama free game I been in. The people are majority cool folk, especially on CORP. The COX  channel, a little iffy, some days it's good and quiet literally, some days it's good talks other days it's "WTF? Really, guys?" Zone chat it's mostly sellers until some butcase takes over and become center of attention for a while.
Teams, most of the time they dont even speak to each other, which some may find as off putting but I prefer the intro hi, get to business not say a word, compared to "You didnt take such and such power? You're noob." "You probably dont do to well in school if you ever went to school because you're an idiot" that has happened in COX teaming experience I witness at times. But out side an alert here and there I dont team much and 90% of the time been with people off the CORP channel. And usually when there is actual interaction, it's usually pleasant and fun. In CO I feel relaxed but giving the friendly nature, it makes the nutcases stand out even more.

COX, I wasnt so lucky. Throw a rock and hit a nutcase ranting raving about something or at someone about something. Whether it's about power choices of someone else, or they are griefing someone, saying how someone else toon sucks, saying how people should play their way, pvpers vs pvers, farmers vs casual players, virtue vs freedom. Like it wouldnt be a day complete without at least ten people on Virtue Channel saying Freedumb or how everyone on the Freedom server are noobs. Going into COX I had the text book definition of friendly, but COX version of friendly was a bit alien. In COX it seemed everyone was tense. It was even hard to have a discussion at even about the pros and cons of powersets without someone flying off the handle at anyone that didnt agree to their strict view.

In CO, you say a power sucks, most of the time, someone will say it does not, and it goes from there in a respectful peaceful manner. Hell, I even seen someone say that TGM sucks and the conversation went civil even though I think just about everyone who replied disagreed although eventually the convo went from does it suck or not to whether it's OP or not. And it was interesting besides a few nerf herding comments I didnt see anyone get blatantly insulting like I seen many time for lesser controversial topics in COX.   

I'm sure some never even came across a troll before in COX but, but must realize for every person that didnt come across it that means probably somewhere someone is getting it twice as hard in not a good way.

So we are playing the same version. Like any MMO you'll have your nutcases, but they are few in CO overall it seems that I came across so it's quite possible to never come across that and some people to stumble across every single idiot in the game.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2013, 06:09:35 PM »
yeah? In relative terms, it's actually the most drama free game I been in. The people are majority cool folk, especially on CORP. The COX  channel, a little iffy, some days it's good and quiet literally, some days it's good talks other days it's "WTF? Really, guys?" Zone chat it's mostly sellers until some butcase takes over and become center of attention for a while.
Teams, most of the time they dont even speak to each other, which some may find as off putting but I prefer the intro hi, get to business not say a word, compared to "You didnt take such and such power? You're noob." "You probably dont do to well in school if you ever went to school because you're an idiot" that has happened in COX teaming experience I witness at times. But out side an alert here and there I dont team much and 90% of the time been with people off the CORP channel. And usually when there is actual interaction, it's usually pleasant and fun. In CO I feel relaxed but giving the friendly nature, it makes the nutcases stand out even more.

COX, I wasnt so lucky. Throw a rock and hit a nutcase ranting raving about something or at someone about something. Whether it's about power choices of someone else, or they are griefing someone, saying how someone else toon sucks, saying how people should play their way, pvpers vs pvers, farmers vs casual players, virtue vs freedom. Like it wouldnt be a day complete without at least ten people on Virtue Channel saying Freedumb or how everyone on the Freedom server are noobs. Going into COX I had the text book definition of friendly, but COX version of friendly was a bit alien. In COX it seemed everyone was tense. It was even hard to have a discussion at even about the pros and cons of powersets without someone flying off the handle at anyone that didnt agree to their strict view.

In CO, you say a power sucks, most of the time, someone will say it does not, and it goes from there in a respectful peaceful manner. Hell, I even seen someone say that TGM sucks and the conversation went civil even though I think just about everyone who replied disagreed although eventually the convo went from does it suck or not to whether it's OP or not. And it was interesting besides a few nerf herding comments I didnt see anyone get blatantly insulting like I seen many time for lesser controversial topics in COX.   

I'm sure some never even came across a troll before in COX but, but must realize for every person that didnt come across it that means probably somewhere someone is getting it twice as hard in not a good way.

So we are playing the same version. Like any MMO you'll have your nutcases, but they are few in CO overall it seems that I came across so it's quite possible to never come across that and some people to stumble across every single idiot in the game.

I actually left CORP because of the kinds of conversations I'd encountered in it.  You seem to have gotten lucky to an extreme.  I played on virtue so I suppose that helped, and yeah occasionally i encountered a troll or two.  But in CO I'd often mentioned things that'd actually improve the game and they'd shouted me down for it.  Like mentioning other forms of support like buffs/debuffs/crowd control that should be more dominant then healing, and they are all "That'd be overpowered and it'd make my dedicated healer useless!".  Well if they hadn't noticed(sure they never do) but most good freeform tanks aren't really interested in some leechful dedicated healer who just stands around all day not doing anything because said freeform tank is just not dying and certainly healing himself faster then the dedicated healer can.

I even mentioned how wonderful it is to be able to quickly form a team and just play the game instead of sitting around for an hour or even two hours in unlucky cases just waiting for someone of a specific role.  It was certainly tedious.  And every encounter being the same essentially in such a holy trinity team is also very boring to me, it's something that has to die.  But lo and behold some people just screamed "that sounds like all hybrids playing", even when I described it not even being that way.  Especially the ones who asked for nerfs to things like dodge/avoidence JUST SO THEY COULD FORCE PEOPLE TO PLAY THE HOLY TRINITY WHETHER THEY WANTED TO OR NOT.

So I left CORP and I certainly don't feel bad about it.  I'd had to many conversations where something interesting starts and they just stomp it down.  One guy complained to me that corp became just random trash talk, and I agreed.  The funny thing is you feel bad about CoX chat I find it's alot cleaner then CORP when i'm on.  Maybe where on at differing times of the day, who knows, but it seems we'd had very opposite experiences.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 06:24:01 PM »
I actually left CORP because of the kinds of conversations I'd encountered in it.  You seem to have gotten lucky to an extreme.  I played on virtue so I suppose that helped, and yeah occasionally i encountered a troll or two.  But in CO I'd often mentioned things that'd actually improve the game and they'd shouted me down for it.  Like mentioning other forms of support like buffs/debuffs/crowd control that should be more dominant then healing, and they are all "That'd be overpowered and it'd make my dedicated healer useless!".  Well if they hadn't noticed(sure they never do) but most good freeform tanks aren't really interested in some leechful dedicated healer who just stands around all day not doing anything because said freeform tank is just not dying and certainly healing himself faster then the dedicated healer can.

I even mentioned how wonderful it is to be able to quickly form a team and just play the game instead of sitting around for an hour or even two hours in unlucky cases just waiting for someone of a specific role.  It was certainly tedious.  And every encounter being the same essentially in such a holy trinity team is also very boring to me, it's something that has to die.  But lo and behold some people just screamed "that sounds like all hybrids playing", even when I described it not even being that way.  Especially the ones who asked for nerfs to things like dodge/avoidence JUST SO THEY COULD FORCE PEOPLE TO PLAY THE HOLY TRINITY WHETHER THEY WANTED TO OR NOT.

So I left CORP and I certainly don't feel bad about it.  I'd had to many conversations where something interesting starts and they just stomp it down.  One guy complained to me that corp became just random trash talk, and I agreed.  The funny thing is you feel bad about CoX chat I find it's alot cleaner then CORP when i'm on.  Maybe where on at differing times of the day, who knows, but it seems we'd had very opposite experiences.

You're right about the freeform tank. Most take their own heal and don't need dedicated healer bots.

Oh my, Well ignore the part in my reply to you in another topic about CORP. Whew bad times there eh? Aint denying it, ever so often I seen a few knuckleheads try to take over.

Yeah it do seem we had very opposite experiences. But more than likely both of our experiences are very true. Time of day, the actual day, and ect. all can make the difference, unless someone actually is one 24/7 7 days a weeks. 365 days a year.

I'm with you on that. I don't like being forced to rely or play the holy trinity playstyle myself. If people like to, that is fine, they can, but I don't think it's right to try and tear down that choice. Not everyone is a tank, there are plenty of glass cannons running around that would love to have healers tag along in big fights, but everyone doesn't nor should be forced to need a healer or any other specific build to succeed.

And you're right, over all that playstyle is dying. People are getting bored with it. Hell even in WoW at first it used to be king of holy trinity and they even softened that stance up a bit.  Each year people look for more and more choices and variety in a game especially MMOs. Because consoles are offering more and more variety in their game and if mmo want to survive, they better get with the times and stop forcing the holy trinity. Because they don't  and cant bank on the punch line of "Yeah it's a game, but you get to play online!" anymore. Most console games come with online capabilities these days.  The ground is shrinking and those that deliver what the customers want will have the real estate the others with cease.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 06:27:46 PM »
You're right about the freeform tank. Most take their own heal and don't need dedicated healer bots.

Oh my, Well ignore the part in my reply to you in another topic about CORP. Whew bad times there eh? Aint denying it, ever so often I seen a few knuckleheads try to take over.

Yeah it do seem we had very opposite experiences. But more than likely both of our experiences are very true. Time of day, the actual day, and ect. all can make the difference, unless someone actually is one 24/7 7 days a weeks. 365 days a year.

I'm with you on that. I don't like being forced to rely or play the holy trinity playstyle myself. If people like to, that is fine, they can, but I don't think it's right to try and tear down that choice. Not everyone is a tank, there are plenty of glass cannons running around that would love to have healers tag along in big fights, but everyone doesn't nor should be forced to need a healer or any other specific build to succeed.

And you're right, over all that playstyle is dying. People are getting bored with it. Hell even in WoW at first it used to be king of holy trinity and they even softened that stance up a bit.  Each year people look for more and more choices and variety in a game especially MMOs. Because consoles are offering more and more variety in their game and if mmo want to survive, they better get with the times and stop forcing the holy trinity. Because they don't  and cant bank on the punch line of "Yeah it's a game, but you get to play online!" anymore. Most console games come with online capabilities these days.  The ground is shrinking and those that deliver what the customers want will have the real estate the others with cease.

That last paragraph is the very reason I keep saying the holy trinity needs to go :).  MMO's are dying for it because it's true, every game now is going more and more online and providing far more options of play and MMO's are still stuck in the 1990s.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 07:10:35 PM »
That last paragraph is the very reason I keep saying the holy trinity needs to go :).  MMO's are dying for it because it's true, every game now is going more and more online and providing far more options of play and MMO's are still stuck in the 1990s.
yup.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 07:49:56 PM »
WoW doesn't seem to be softening their stance on the Trinity; the 5.4 Patch Notes outright reference the roles by name: "Proving Grounds is a new feature where level 90 players can test their mettle and undertake trials designed for Damage, Tank, or Healer roles to test and improve their combat skills in a safe, controlled environment."

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2013, 07:52:03 PM »
WoW doesn't seem to be softening their stance on the Trinity; the 5.4 Patch Notes outright reference the roles by name: "Proving Grounds is a new feature where level 90 players can test their mettle and undertake trials designed for Damage, Tank, or Healer roles to test and improve their combat skills in a safe, controlled environment."
oh yeah, but I considered that like a souped of version of the test room that CO have.