Author Topic: Sad Anniversary  (Read 5401 times)

Crymsin Lilly

• Underling
    • A Recipe for Joy
Sad Anniversary
« on: September 19, 2013, 11:40:13 PM »
Hi folks,

I know I haven't been here to post in a very long time and I was never really active before.  I never seemed to have the time before the Dark Days (tm) then after... it just hurt too much to remember. 

Many of us have turned to other MMOs only to find that nothing has the feeling of home that CoX gave us.  Others have sworn off MMOs all together.  We all grieve in our own ways.

Revisiting the forums and reading about the memories that others had is finally less emotionally painful than it was before and I can finally giggle again at the silly things we all did in the name of saving or wrecking our digital world. 

Please pardon me while I readjust to the lingo and pull buried memories to the surface, polish them off, and gradually share them as I read your words, your pain, your laughter, and your hope.  I hold a faith that someday, somehow, we will wrest Paragon City (and surrounding environs) from the evil overlords of NCSoft and that on that day we can stand upon the rooftops and scream our joy loud enough to be heard in Korea.   ;)

Lilly

Refugee from Liberty, Victory, and Virtue.

@crymsin.lilly

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
Re: Sad Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 12:29:04 AM »
Welcome back, hun. It's great to see more people returning.

Hi folks,

I know I haven't been here to post in a very long time and I was never really active before.  I never seemed to have the time before the Dark Days (tm) then after... it just hurt too much to remember. 

Many of us have turned to other MMOs only to find that nothing has the feeling of home that CoX gave us.  Others have sworn off MMOs all together.  We all grieve in our own ways.

Revisiting the forums and reading about the memories that others had is finally less emotionally painful than it was before and I can finally giggle again at the silly things we all did in the name of saving or wrecking our digital world. 

Please pardon me while I readjust to the lingo and pull buried memories to the surface, polish them off, and gradually share them as I read your words, your pain, your laughter, and your hope.  I hold a faith that someday, somehow, we will wrest Paragon City (and surrounding environs) from the evil overlords of NCSoft and that on that day we can stand upon the rooftops and scream our joy loud enough to be heard in Korea.   ;)

Lilly

Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 01:31:26 AM »
Welcome back Lilly  ;)

Hi folks,

Lilly

I don't post here often, but I do hide in the background and attempt to catch up on all that goes on here (work and family time has prevented me from keeping up lately....but I do try)  Take your time to settle back in.  I look forward to reading the memories you choose to share  :)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 02:29:47 PM »
Lilly, there is no community like this one...we are a family of friends who share a love that not everyone would 'get'. You will find care, support and a refuge here. It is good to have you back. Keep hoping and dreaming. We will get our city back.

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 12:09:25 AM »
Welcome back. There's always room for a member of the family who got a little...lost...along the way. Pull up a beanbag chair, someone always has cookies, and no matter what it is, we'll understand.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 01:27:05 AM »
Welcome back. There's always room for a member of the family who got a little...lost...along the way. Pull up a beanbag chair, someone always has cookies, and no matter what it is, we'll understand.

This. ^   We're a friendly bunch most days, and we're generally not the type to send you packing just because we don't see your name a lot or haven't seen it in a while. Come on in, have a chat with us. We gotta wait anyway, might as well be with friends right? :)

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 05:58:37 PM »
*passes around warm cookies and cold milk*

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 09:42:50 PM »

*drooooooooooll*

*tries to bite the screen*

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 10:26:18 PM »

Hmm, do you have any bacon instead, I'm diabetic and my best CoH playing friend is lactose intolerant :(

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 10:46:33 PM »
No sweat, I'll call catering :D Only the best for the CoX crowd.

Hmm, do you have any bacon instead, I'm diabetic and my best CoH playing friend is lactose intolerant :(
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 05:07:35 AM »
Nice message,Lilly...
It takes me back to see others posting with similar feelings; sometimes I wondered if it was just me being too reminiscent...No longer.

The game was a special world for us of various ages. Least here, we can still keep our spirits up.

I'll pass on the cookies, must watch my figure. ;D

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 09:33:08 PM »
*pushes plate toward Minotaur*

*creates a fruit platter for MaidMercury*

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 02:09:09 AM »
Thank you very much for the snack.  Perfect way to end the day.  Thank you!!  ;D

Crymsin Lilly

• Underling
    • A Recipe for Joy
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 11:42:11 PM »
Thank you all so much for the words of encouragement!   :gonk:  You're all so sweet!

And omg those cookies!  Or are they some kind of mutant cupcake?  All I know is that I need the recipe.  *drools*

It's good to be reading the words of folks who understand and felt the same loss that my hubby, friends, and I experienced.  :)
Refugee from Liberty, Victory, and Virtue.

@crymsin.lilly

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2013, 11:55:11 PM »
We're right beside you guys and always will be. Understanding is something we seem to have here in spades. Things can be heated but I've noticed one thing here. We care.

Thank you all so much for the words of encouragement!   :gonk:  You're all so sweet!

And omg those cookies!  Or are they some kind of mutant cupcake?  All I know is that I need the recipe.  *drools*

It's good to be reading the words of folks who understand and felt the same loss that my hubby, friends, and I experienced.  :)

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 12:18:37 AM »
Loved reading this thread - sad anniversary, yes.  Strength and joy in talking and such. Absolutely. That's what this community is all about.

However, I need to warn you that this thread started something in my brain. It's not my fault. I totally blame Healix for this.  I started a new discussion thread:

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,9158.0.html

Not my fault.

well...maybe a little....

I like chatting with you folks.  Makes the sad-that-CoH-isn't-here-right-now go away some.
/em holdtorch

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 02:29:23 AM »
Seems like every few weeks someone else finds their way back here. See ya round the boards! And welcome back.
Oh don't forget to post on the roll-call thread.
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,8846.0.html
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 02:35:55 AM by Floride »
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 05:06:47 PM »
I posted the recipe for that 'picture'.....muhahahaha

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 06:31:53 PM »
Welcome back. We may not have the city, but we're still here. ^^

*Eyes cookies, takes one*
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

Nightmarer

• Boss
  • We all float down here
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 09:13:05 PM »
Okay, I NEED the recipe to make those cookies... pretty please  ;D