Author Topic: Special Hatred For NCSOFT  (Read 2092 times)

Xanerithe

• Underling
Special Hatred For NCSOFT
« on: September 11, 2013, 10:23:48 PM »
I don't know about you all but pulling he plug for CoH broke the camels back with that terrible company, after they shut it down I refuse and still refuse to play any games under them, even to this day I am still angry for closing down one of the best games every created, I'll be listening to certain songs that I used to listen to while playing CoH. Spent a lot of my teenage years in CoH and that is where I met my wife, CoH hold's a special place in my heart and I haven't found anything to replace it.

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
Re: Special Hatred For NCSOFT
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 11:39:11 PM »
Indeed, I've sworn off MMO's in general. I don't want to set down virtual roots elsewhere when the publishers can just pull the plug at any time for any reason. The only way I'd even consider it now is if it were some communal effort not tied to any particular publisher or servers.

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 12:19:09 AM »
I agree with you. I can't help but feel angry at times. :/ But you should channel it, make art, write stories, make music, and if you can't do any of that reminisce on some forums about it. Just keep the community alive.
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

Kyuuen

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 01:19:45 AM »
I understand it was a business decision, and that City of Heroes might not have generated as much money as they wanted - but even with all of that, NC missed massive opportunities to foster goodwill or own up to their own decisions.

They chose to do the bare minimum.

They chose to treat something special they had with a by-the-numbers, cold hearted shuttering.

Nobody addressed why the decision was made personally.

Tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousand of customers were treated with this harsh lesson:

If you are in the minority, you can be safely ignored.

This is a Korean company that treats it's American partners and customers coldly. We should have figured this out when they shut down Tabula Rasa. All of my former COH Sub money now goes to Valve.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 03:32:02 AM »
NCSoft will always have a "special" place in my heart.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 04:13:21 AM »
There are plenty of threads already existing to denounce NCsoft for whatever evils they may have done to you and/or your kith and kin. We try to keep the vitriol on low-key and in those threads so that it doesn't corrupt the whole boards. Thank you.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal