Author Topic: One Year Ago  (Read 23096 times)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
Re: One Year Ago
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2013, 01:57:52 AM »
Now I've this feeling that I'll be chastised or made fun of, but I really feel as though I failed. I let anger, and emotion stop me from enjoying the last few weeks to months of CoH with a great community. I let it stop me from a few more nights of RP, a few more nights of Incarnate Trials, a few more nights in Paragon City.

You won't be made fun of here. And I wouldn't call it failing, to choose to move forward along what you felt was a brighter path. Especially with a new family member to think about.

Glad you stopped by though! At least around here you have some understanding friends to remember the good stuff with. I mean, it's better than a kick in the teeth, right? :P

And hey, you know what? Don't count this community out just yet. There are some very talented people working on ways to let us fly again. It might be in a rebuilt Paragon City, or it might be in a freshly built place that still has that new city smell. But one way or the other, I fully believe we'll have a city again one day. We just have to find positive ways to occupy our time and our minds until that day comes. So pull up a chair and join in on some of the discussions. Heck, start a few! We'd love to hear from you!

PS, in case you haven't seen it yet... you might wanna look into Titan Icon. It lets you edit costumes, load up maps and fly around in them, and spawn in NPCs for screenshots and laughs. There's a whole section covering it in the Multimedia part of the forums. It's not the same as playing, granted, but a lot of people find it helps ease the sting.

navyrayne

• Minion
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2013, 02:33:36 AM »
Thanks Trip
Community and Media Relations Manager - Pixel Constructor LLC - Grumpy Witch
Formerly,
Community Manager - Kerbal Space Program - Squad Games
Community Manager - Legends of Aethereus - Three Gates Studio
Community and Media Relations Manager - Heliborne - JetCatGames

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2013, 03:50:06 AM »

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2013, 10:29:48 AM »

Oban Star Racers  ;D

Still didn't get to see the end of that show.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2013, 04:32:04 PM »
Oban Star Racers  ;D

Oh, it's good stuff. You should catch it. It's one of my favorites, up there with Cowboy Bebop and Noein.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2013, 05:11:09 PM »
Oban Star Racers  ;D

Currently available for free streaming on Amazon Prime - I watched the whole thing again about a month ago.

Johnny Joy Bringer

• Minion
  • AP 33 /e holdtorch
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2013, 07:57:55 PM »
It happens. We can always look back that way, if we want to. Regret is temporary, unless we forget it's lessons. And, from my point of view you have nothing to  regret. NCSoft does, but not you.

Please don't regret anything else. Regret can only happen if you don't follow your dreams. If you love COH get in there and help with the new games. Get involved, give feedback, give input, encourage, and keep lobbying for the return of COH.

I'm hoping that if COH is not sold and re-opened soon that maybe in time it might be sold to a successor game ... IF NCsoft ever sells.

The only person holding us back is ourselves, and the only jailer is in our mind. Follow your dreams.

(Damn, for a villain I'm sure getting soft.)

I don't post a lot, but maybe that will change now that I see all these other people that loved CoH as much as I did. Plenty of people that loved it even more,

A little over a year ago, I made a mistake. A mistake I still regret to this day, something that I should not have done, something of a knee jerk reaction...

I reacted to the news that CoH was closing down, by walking away. I logged in a few times, but when I walked away I had resigned myself to the notion that an MMO I had been playing since 2005 (my second longest stint since Eve Online) was closing down for good. So, when I walked away, I walked away from everything including the official forums and the game itself. Though I was also extremely busy working in the games industry (I still am) on a little Project called Kerbal Space Program, and my daughter had been born not but a few months before hand. So my Life was busy, and all of that took more of my time, including time I wanted to try and make to enjoy a few more nights of CoH...

So, in walking away, I never knew about AP33, TF Hail Mary, or anything else until after it had happened and I had missed it all...

Now I've this feeling that I'll be chastised or made fun of, but I really feel as though I failed. I let anger, and emotion stop me from enjoying the last few weeks to months of CoH with a great community. I let it stop me from a few more nights of RP, a few more nights of Incarnate Trials, a few more nights in Paragon City.

Now, a year later, I regret....

I regret not making the time.
I regret not enjoying a few more TF's
I regret not enjoying a few more IT's
I regret not enjoying a few more RP sessions.

Most of all, I regret not standing with the rest of the community.

So a year later?

I regret.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:46:18 PM by Johnny Joy Bringer »

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2013, 10:13:27 PM »
I don't post a lot, but maybe that will change now that I see all these other people that loved CoH as much as I did. Plenty of people that loved it even more,

A little over a year ago, I made a mistake. A mistake I still regret to this day, something that I should not have done, something of a knee jerk reaction...

I reacted to the news that CoH was closing down, by walking away. I logged in a few times, but when I walked away I had resigned myself to the notion that an MMO I had been playing since 2005 (my second longest stint since Eve Online) was closing down for good. So, when I walked away, I walked away from everything including the official forums and the game itself. Though I was also extremely busy working in the games industry (I still am) on a little Project called Kerbal Space Program, and my daughter had been born not but a few months before hand. So my Life was busy, and all of that took more of my time, including time I wanted to try and make to enjoy a few more nights of CoH...

So, in walking away, I never knew about AP33, TF Hail Mary, or anything else until after it had happened and I had missed it all...

Now, a year later, I regret....

I regret not making the time.
I regret not enjoying a few more TF's
I regret not enjoying a few more IT's
I regret not enjoying a few more RP sessions.

Most of all, I regret not standing with the rest of the community.

So a year later?

I regret.
The way I look at it, you're just fashionably late to the support party.

The thing I like about this community is that they, usually, don't hold anything you might have done in the past against you.  If you missed out on some of the important events, they'll be happy to fill you in some of them might even point you to the website ( <-- hint, hint  ;D ), created by the brilliant VyoletRose, that could easily summarize the events that happened over the last couple of years with regards to CoH, and the efforts underway in attempting to bring it back.

It seems to me, that the community's first priority seems to be the players and then the game that they want back. That is the basis of a strong community. The fact that it has lasted this long with out a game to play in, shows that this Community of Heroes is persistent.  :) 

...or Stubborn.  :o
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2013, 10:31:13 PM »
... this Community of Heroes is persistent.  :) 

...or Stubborn.  :o

Depends how much sleep we've had ;D

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2013, 11:36:04 AM »
Navyrayne, you are part of the family /community here. We all share the feeling of loss at having our game end before it's time. (Personally, I would probably have played till my bones turned to dust.) Please don't get lost in regret...you are here, and we WILL get our city back somehow. Till then, take comfort that the community is standing with you. Glad you are here!
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2013, 08:25:51 PM »
Depends how much sleep we've had ;D
You're persistent until you get sleepy, then you're too stubborn to take a break and get some sleep?  :P

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2013, 11:06:06 PM »
Let's see...

One Year ago

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2013, 09:50:37 AM »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2013, 02:29:04 AM »
No mockery from this corner.
I know several people, including some in my own playgroup (who are still together now, thanks to an IRC channel to keep us in contact even when we aren't playing the same games) who left immediately, or almost, and never looked back.  It was just too painful for them, something I understand.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2013, 04:05:00 AM »

I pull that video up occasionally and watch it, it never gets old. :)