Author Topic: Just curious: A Poll for (you) Champions Online.  (Read 8114 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Just curious: A Poll for (you) Champions Online.
« on: August 20, 2013, 03:11:20 AM »
How many people here actively play and enjoy Champions Online?

Edited title to include ": A Poll for (you) Champions Online."
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:11:08 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Re: Just curious
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 03:30:54 AM »
Me, obviously.
Spess

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 03:40:24 AM »
Me as well. You've likely seen my posts here. And I have that one stickied post up top where I have some templates and advice for making the characters look better than the default.

The game does frustrate me sometimes. But I also enjoy the hell out of it. And some concepts actually work better in CO than they would do in COH. So it was my alternate game of choice when I was a little burned out on COH.

Now I spend my time largely alternating between STO and CO when I'm not playing something else.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 04:45:16 AM »
Not active lately because of the graphic problems with the newest updates and my OSX wrapper not liking each other. Been playing STO with little problems however. Good game for a break from heroes.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 05:40:10 AM »
I for one greatly enjoy creating characters, giving them interesting bios, and trying out new power builds.  So I do still enjoy playing CO.  However, there are times when I look at how lacking some of the missions and zones are and I get discouraged.  But then I go play Whiteout or Resistance and all is forgotten.  Also sometimes it's fun to just hang out at Caprice or other places in character and exercise my creativity.
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 06:20:37 AM »
I was, up until my recent crisis of interest which is detailed, quite exhaustively, in another thread.  If I could find people to play with on a regular basis that didn't mind teaming with lowbie ATs, then I might reconsider.  Otherwise, not much point in me continuing.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 06:48:29 AM »
I go in phases. I'm in the superhero game mood now, but just can't get interested in CO enough to play. I tried running the first mission of this new Story Arc series, promptly got my @$$ kicked and just don't give enough of a crap to try again (even less so since I saw the 3rd part is a group alert thing). Still have some missions to run in Vibora Bay, but again just cba.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 02:16:44 PM »
Actively play it?  No.  I have spent the last week looking at the CO Wiki and making up characters in my head, and I re-installed the CO client so I'll have it available if I want to play it, and I logged into my Glacier last night for the first time since December and had some fun with him, so maybe I'll throw $15 or $30 at it for a couple of months and try to get my highest Freeforms to 40.

Maybe.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 02:30:07 PM »
Sorry. In the OP....

How many people here actively play and enjoy Champions Online?

...I should have specified that this is a poll. This poll is to find out who uses this forum and actively plays and enjoys Champions Online.

If I was a forum wizard I prolly would have made the subject more to the point and found a polling function here on the forum. My sincere apols. Really,

If you don't fit the poll criteria and still feel the need to post here, that is your right of course, and no offense is meant, it just makes more work for me when referencing the thread for polling purposes.

Thanks too, for anyone posting that wants honorable mention.

So far I count:
Brou
Atlantea
Blackjak gets an honorary mention
DJMoose
Thunder Glove gets an honorary mention, with a significant lean towards being a +1 tick mark on the poll

edit: speeling error
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 02:37:44 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
Re: Just curious: A Poll for (you) Champions Online.
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 04:03:56 PM »
I play as well... a'course you knew that already...  8)

Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

Sophronisba

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 04:07:02 PM »
I just started playing again yesterday after a six-month break. Not sure whether that counts as "actively playing and enjoying" or not.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 06:25:11 PM »
I play the game, but I would not say that I particularly enjoy it. I enjoy the costume creator. I find the archery and the behemoth and fireblaster ATs capable and mildly fitting my playstyle.... but I have no special connection to the story, the characters, or the world, and the community largely leaves me feeling cold.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 06:35:46 PM »
Yeah, the community isn't perfect.  You kinda have to get lucky to find an active and good SG.  I openly admit that I've stuck zone chat on a separate tab for just that reason.

Feel free to friend me @ARobb73, I've got noooooo problems running with ATs or silver players.... I'd rather have fun than be uber.
Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 09:42:02 PM »
I play and I wouldn't play if I didn't enjoy it. :D

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 10:09:57 PM »
I dont play anything that I dont enjoy. To me that defeats the purpose of playing a game. Or if I was in the habit of playing stuff I didnt enjoy, I wouldnt have time for CO or any other video game and be out playing Shuffleboard. Thus I play CO, and I enjoy it.

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 10:23:02 PM »
I played it for a bit, actually bought a freeform slot to. Thinking of picking it back up for a while, but only if I can have a friend to play with or something. Though my graphics card wont render the fire in the lowest setting ._. dunno if that's normal or not.
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

Dollhouse

• Boss
  • "What will happen? Will I dream?"
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 01:10:06 AM »
I'm having a third go at CO. I played through the beta and for the duration of a 6-month sub after it went live...then for a couple of months right around the time CoH went dark. While the first two times really didn't work for me (I don't think I logged in at all during the last couple months of that 6-monther), I'm liking it better this time around. Partly that's because of my main impetus for a third try: a couple of very close gaming-and-RL friends jumped back in (for a change of pace from TSW, which I actively play and love) and urged me to give it another chance.

I'm enjoying the combat, which was always the thing I liked best about CO (right up there at or near the top for a non-aiming MMO), the relatively smooth gameplay in general, and the chance to team and RP with friends. Not sure if I'll stay long, but right now I'm considering my sub to be money well spent.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 01:26:54 AM »
I enjoy the combat in it but there are quite a few times where I feel the game is to easy, because the lack of depth.  Particularly every build I have ends up functioning half identical to one another; I always have 1 ST attack(usually a melee combo or two gun mojo, and I refuse to take any other ranged tier 0 attack most the time), one AoE (usually something with high dps across lots of mobs), and then some selection of passives, almost always defensive, save maybe quarry, cause I know the other passives kind of suck.

This is all because of how weak other ways of playing tends to be.  Crowd control breaks in both teams and solo to AoE's a little to easily, but the mobs are so fragile crowd control is "eh".  People saying it's viable is only because of normal, which is a horrible basis to put anything by, because normal in CO is really more like the original dooms "I'm to young to die!" or marathons "Kindergarten" modes(both difficulties the enemies did half damage, but Marathons kindergarten went further, and made the enemies die in 1 shot from most everything, i'm serious, it was that easy).  So elite becoms the only difficulty I play at after the first few levels, and only because of the fact that characters without some form of self heal in CO really are horrifically underpowered early on.  I get bored, mostly, because it lacks challenge, the few tings that are challenging are to tedious to solo and full of fake difficulty, likewise, just being hard in the wrong ways.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 01:31:39 AM »
I have one character, who I play around with maybe once a month.

I don't hate the game, by any means... I've had some good fun with Sannan... But it just hasn't really grabbed me either. No MMO I've played outside of City really has. I'm starting to seriously think that maybe I'm just not the kind of player MMOs in general are meant to appeal to. I'm more Journey than Call of Duty.  :P
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 04:10:45 AM »
Hey guys thanks a lot for posting.

My main curiosity is if the bulk of the people using this forum are playing the game it's named after and having fun.

I realize that Titan is ultimately the home of City of Heroes. Is this sub-forum the home of Champions Online is what I am trying to determine. Among other things. Well, and, there's nothing like a nice poll every once and awhile either, huh!

I've got comments for some of the posts here and will have final scintillating comments on this poll at the end for anyone interested. Prolly late Sunday or Monday to give folks a fair amount of time to log in and see the poll.

Thanks again for taking the time to add your names to the list.

PS.
"Actively" just means, is the game actively in your brain - is it one of your regular... Activities. Is it one of your favorite games that you like to play - therefore motivating you to come here and share your positive experiences with the rest of the CO playing & enjoying community here.

Some Faves: