Author Topic: The Big Giant Icon Thread  (Read 210997 times)

Blacjac84

• Minion
Re: The Big Giant Icon Thread
« Reply #1360 on: July 16, 2013, 12:24:44 PM »
While I'm enjoying this Icon, I'm just wondering if the in-game screenshot capture works in this. 

I'm using FRAPS for screenshots but I would like to capture a shot without the onscreen stuff I can't turn off. 

Anybody know about this?

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1361 on: July 16, 2013, 01:50:10 PM »
Can Toggle Screenshot UI still be set to a keybind in the Options?

Dinah Might

• Minion
« Reply #1362 on: July 16, 2013, 02:05:33 PM »
My thoughts when I read this thread is that I wish I could do something to help.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1363 on: July 16, 2013, 03:46:37 PM »
While I'm enjoying this Icon, I'm just wondering if the in-game screenshot capture works in this. 

I'm using FRAPS for screenshots but I would like to capture a shot without the onscreen stuff I can't turn off. 

Anybody know about this?
Can Toggle Screenshot UI still be set to a keybind in the Options?
Code: [Select]
/bind sysrq "screenshotui 0$$screenshot"
/bind shift+sysrq "screenshotui 1$$screenshot"
This will give you a screenshot WITHOUT the UI when you hit PRINTSCREEN (the game calls it sysrq). It will give you a screenshot WITH UI when you hit SHIFT+PRINTSCREEN.

This way you don't have to worry about which state your screenshotui is toggled into when you take the screenie.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

DireKit

• Underling
« Reply #1364 on: July 16, 2013, 08:49:10 PM »
Pardon if this is a stupid question, but is there a way to make fight-able NPC's? Can you alter your level? If so, how?

Bella Blackwood

• Underling
« Reply #1365 on: July 16, 2013, 09:18:11 PM »
Well I need to add my unending thank you's to Codewalker for making this happen!  I'm not technologically savvy and after many tries and help from some old sg friends, I am now able to experience Icon.  The moment the title screen popped up, tears were streaming down my face.  Seeing my first toon Pink Shock return to life was incredible and when I phased into Atlas Park the waterworks really began.  I'm slowly getting used to everything...my first try at loading a map ended up with me floating in a very pretty blue heavenlike place which was very soothing lol.  I can not wait to continue experimenting and re-exploring every square inch.  I really can not express in words how happy this makes me....thank you thank you thank you!!!!   :-*

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #1366 on: July 16, 2013, 09:39:28 PM »
Pardon if this is a stupid question, but is there a way to make fight-able NPC's? Can you alter your level? If so, how?

No fightable NPCs.

You can alter your level, however you won't be able to use powers.

Read this post by Codewalker http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7288.msg123068.html#msg123068

See here for my post he mentions about the Mission Architect http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7288.msg123052.html#msg123052

Then see here for more info regarding Developer Commands in Icon (if you want)
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Titan_Icon#Developer_Commands
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

sorinkon

• Lieutenant
  • CoH WILL RISE AGAIN IN MINECRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • COH Minecraft
« Reply #1367 on: July 16, 2013, 10:26:32 PM »
if i could make a suggestion for the next icon update........ what about base building is there a chance you could bring that or atleast part of it back?

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1368 on: July 16, 2013, 10:43:45 PM »
I was surprised to see that Mr. G wasn't spawned in Imperial.  I'm guessing that he was no longer a permanent NPC due to the I24 events.  I know St. Martial and Bricks were revamped, as well as First Ward.

I know Guy made a file to go to an older incarnation of Atlas.  Is there a relatively painless way to do the same for the maps changed between I23 and I24?

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1369 on: July 17, 2013, 12:50:52 AM »
The moment the title screen popped up, tears were streaming down my face.  Seeing my first toon Pink Shock return to life was incredible and when I phased into Atlas Park the waterworks really began.

Codewalker, you beast, do you see what you did? You made poor Bella cry. I hope you're pleased with yourself. ;)
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #1370 on: July 17, 2013, 01:28:19 AM »
Does anyone know if the craftable and veteran pieces are available in Icon CC? If not, that would be very nice for 1.8!

(And well within the goal of costumes and not playing the game.)
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1371 on: July 17, 2013, 02:35:06 AM »
They should all be there, at least in "VIP" mode. (Adding a -n flag to access all the costume parts, including dev-only.)

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #1372 on: July 17, 2013, 04:33:07 AM »
Cool! My sister whose favorite part of the game was the costume creator asked me.

I have just about convinced there is still hope and she says she will give Icon a whirl. She told me that it would be too sad to see it but not play.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #1373 on: July 17, 2013, 05:30:44 AM »
Is there a way to access the Matrix Room (other than by chance)?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1374 on: July 17, 2013, 05:41:51 AM »
Load any zone with an arena ( http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Arena ) then use [ and ] to shuffle through spawn points until you get to the spawn point in the room.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

MisterMagpie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1375 on: July 17, 2013, 07:42:09 AM »
You know what would be nice? A way to quickload an avatar to play with with a click.
I mean well, I swear.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1376 on: July 17, 2013, 07:55:28 AM »
Is there a way to access the Matrix Room (other than by chance)?
Every time I load Talos, I end up in the Matrix Room.  Then I adjust my Y position to +500 to get out and fly around.   :)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1377 on: July 17, 2013, 08:01:23 AM »
You know what would be nice? A way to quickload an avatar to play with with a click.

If you have the Issue 24 beta files, you can make a shortcut for Icon, and add a -r to the shortcut's Target path (be sure to put a space between the -r and the quotes that already end the path). Icon will then generate a random toon and send you right into AP. Then you can load one of your saved costumes onto the toon. We can't use powers, so it doesn't (currently) matter that the toon's origin, archetype and powers are also random. But this is good for getting into AP faster. Also, don't worry about the random toon's gender; it can be changed with the costume loading.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:39:38 PM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

DeathToPoetry

• Underling
« Reply #1378 on: July 18, 2013, 07:43:21 AM »
if i could make a suggestion for the next icon update........ what about base building is there a chance you could bring that or atleast part of it back?

Seconded.  It was one of my favorite parts of the game.  I could spend days just building one room to get it "just right".

damienray

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1379 on: July 18, 2013, 12:16:01 PM »
I will agree. 2nd to costumes, the base was huge for me.