Author Topic: Keep your boxes please  (Read 15575 times)

PunkusJR

• Boss
Re: Keep your boxes please
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 06:29:35 AM »
Interestingly, 70% of them were found after the game shut down.

Hahaha. I guess they are more desirable now huh?  . . . and I made myself sad xD

Anyways! Joshex, whatever you're doing your work is appreciated. ^^
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 06:30:16 AM »
I've still got my Good vs. Evil Edition CDs and box.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 07:12:32 AM »
Wasn't planning on throwing them out.  Not persuaded enough to go dig them up, either, though.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 03:52:01 PM »
hey CoHers, I would like to drop in a word here for those of you who own a DVD or CD version of the game installer that was actually from a store or online store.

anything and everything in this category is very important for you to keep, I can't say why as of yet.

this includes:

City of heroes DVD/CD

City of villains DVD/CD

Architect edition DVD/CD

City of heroes Good Versus evil DVD/CD

City of heroes going rogue DVD/CD (not sure if they actually had this)

Again, I cannot stress enough how important it is to keep this.
I am intrigued :) luckily I got city of still on my comp. plus I just got the collectors ed for city of heroes/villains
btw if anyone is looking for the boxes amazon has them
on amazon there is 1 collectors ed left, 11 regular copies left. this is for heroes.
for villains it is abit better 11 collectors and 1 standard copy left.
if everyone wants I can post the other copies as well. I almost forgot these are for the pc
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 04:01:41 PM by Angel Phoenix77 »
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 10:51:01 PM »
I haven't thrown out CoH box. Still have that 2007 install disk and booklet.
Also kept 'Going Rogue' which I purchased when I noticed I was being left out of a lot of special missions...Being able to play with Villains was a good addition to the game.

...just don't toss a frisbee at a villain. :roll:

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 04:29:51 AM »
*wonders if Joshex is "in the know" about the super-secret public server project*

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 04:40:50 AM »
*wonders if Joshex is "in the know" about the super-secret public server project*

We all know that's a cover up for a nemesis plot.
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2013, 07:32:51 AM »
We all know that's a cover up for a nemesis plot.

Nope, it's a Mender Silos plot covering up a Gerhardt Eisenstadt plot that's disguised as a Nemesis Plot to distract us from the real Nemesis plot.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2013, 12:22:52 PM »
Nope, it's a Mender Silos plot covering up a Gerhardt Eisenstadt plot that's disguised as a Nemesis Plot to distract us from the real Nemesis plot.

Actually, Nemesis was completely made up to cover the fact that the Nemesis Plot itself was alive. It just hired an actor to play the part whenever it was needed. And by hired I mean built one out of brass.

True story.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2013, 01:42:27 PM »
I have a sudden urge to break out Not a Nemesis Agent and screencap him giving a refutation of these preposterous accusations.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2013, 05:18:23 PM »
i'd have to dig through some crates, but i'm pretty sure i have the complete boxes from most, if not all, City of Heroes releases. Including a couple whose codes i ended up not using because the only perks they unlocked were things i already had. Actually, i think the one Heroclix might've been lost, so mostly complete boxes?

One of my last alts on... agh, can't recall... the main UK server was Nemesis Rogue, one of Nemesis' artificial brain clones who went rogue from the Nemesis collective (or maybe that's just what Nemesis wanted him to think). He used the Think Tank with the brain inside and a steampunk robot body. Never got beyond running around AP blasting things with a Beam rifle before the shutdown.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

cohRock

• Lieutenant
    • Rich's Tepid Home Page
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2013, 06:17:46 PM »
Does this count?

ISBN: 0-7615-4516-6
-- Rich

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2013, 07:14:41 PM »
Hey, I got one of those.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2013, 07:20:38 PM »
I got all of those and both prima guides. I still have them where i can see them.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2013, 08:52:18 PM »
I think I still have my COH/COV box somewhere... I may have thrown it out after it got so old that I was redonloading the entire client after install though... :-\
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

GoliathBirdEater

• Underling
  • Far Beyond Metal
    • Muh Twitters
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2013, 09:11:27 PM »
As someone who's had to severely minimize his possessions over the years as the result of two transatlantic moves during CoH's time of operation, I REALLY hope that the boxes aren't as important as what was on the discs inside them.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2013, 10:28:02 PM »
Does this count?

ISBN: 0-7615-4516-6

Sorry, for what I'm talking over this sort of thing wont be as helpfull as the official box and disk with the installer.

As someone who's had to severely minimize his possessions over the years as the result of two transatlantic moves during CoH's time of operation, I REALLY hope that the boxes aren't as important as what was on the discs inside them.

it wont be important for /Everyone/ to have a box just more than one person. ;) I think we have it covered, but still keep em if you got em.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2013, 05:25:48 AM »
I know I have a CoH box from 2005, and a CoV box of some sort. I don't remember if I got a Going Rogue box, but I did get the Desdemona mousepad as some sort of perk. Super awkward - I never felt like there was a situation where I would be comfortable having a half naked lady in a vaguely suggestive pose on my desk...
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2013, 09:33:58 AM »
So, when are we going to know why it's important we have these boxes? Will it be in one, two, maybe even five eons from now?

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2013, 11:55:32 AM »
I'm sure we'll find out SOON (tm)

Whatever's being cooked up will be worth waiting for if past results are any indication.