Author Topic: Zen experts..  (Read 1083 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Zen experts..
« on: August 14, 2013, 11:30:59 PM »
Are there any Zen gurus that can tell me if they think this rise in the price of Zen vs. Q is going to be permanent/a trend, or should I stick to my guns and try to sell my Q for the same price I had for months before the recent price (vs. Zen) drop?

I've not sold any Q for over a month now.

I'm waiting for the next Z-Store sale anyway, so no big rush, but... It's been a month!

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: Zen experts..
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 11:37:03 PM »
What rate are you selling it at?

Given how long Nemesis missions are running now-- one ran for at least two hours on Monday-- I'd say the devs are trying to up the supply of Q that's available.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 11:50:28 PM »
Warlord mobs randomly drop chests, and Baron does, too.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 12:27:01 AM »
I'm selling it at my super secret undisclosed rate that worked for like 4 months, Kaos! (*grin*) The current rate isn't that much higher (I bet I could sell at 205 Q per Zen easy enough atm) but it *is* higher and even when it dips down some it goes right back up again.

I was blaming Nem alerts, too, and then I read a discussion in-game that had something to do with lockboxes and why they are screwing up the Q to Zen rate. So, I thought I'd pick some brains here and see what we come up with. *shrug*

You are right of course, those nem alerts will sometimes run for *hours* and the queue seems to be at ~ 20-30+ people the whole time they're running.. Nem alerts are also the easiest alerts in a game where Q gathering is not made easy by design, and, usually Smash alerts which are usually the toughest regular alerts in the game. Go figure.

Brou you are always a fountain of useful info but I'm thinking Warlord and Baron C(?) aren't causing the 'problem' but they could be adding to it I suppose. It may not be Nem Alerts, either, but Nem alerts are like 10x faster and easier and their queue is a mile longer and they drop Q every single time you win - making them a more likely suspect I'd think.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>