Author Topic: Champions Online Alienware Promotion - get the Devastator AT for FREE  (Read 10293 times)

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
Hey guys - there's still about 4,700 keys left for this little promotional package from AlienwareArena.com.

It includes The Devastator Archetype, the Viking Warrior costume set, and the Serpent Lantern Adventure Pack (now defunct as Adventure Packs are free for everyone).

Here's what you do:
  • Register an account on Alienwarearena.com
  • Sign in to your account, then go to the page I linked above and click the GET KEY button
  • You'll recieve your key by e-mail - make sure that the mail isn't bounced and doesn't get filtered out
  • Go to the Champions Online site and sign in with your Perfect World account
  • Go to the Redeem Key page and enter the product key you recieved in your e-mail
  • If done right, you should be able to go to Your Account Page, and you'll see "Champions Online - Alienware Promotion" under "Activated Features"
  • Fire up the game itself and log in.
  • If you want to immediately create Devastator AT character, just click the grayed-out Devastator icon, then "Buy" then "Claim."  OR You can log into an existing character, and open up the Zen Store.  Click through to the "Bonus" tab, and claim your rewards from there.
There you go!  Free Devastator Archetype and costume set!  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 03:16:05 AM by Kaiser Tarantula »

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Champions Online Alienware Promotion - get the Devastator AT for FREE
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 08:44:33 PM »
I couldn't believe you just pulled this lil gem outta your hat!  : )

Took me < 5 minutes for the whole process.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 09:14:07 PM »
It's still basically a $15 value, even discounting the Adventure Pack.
All that I'm after is a life filled with laughter

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 09:27:15 PM »
the fact that this promotion has existed since 2011 and still has a large number of codes yet to be redeemed, sadly, speaks to the low population and low popularity of Champions. I imagine had they offered a similar package for City of Heroes that unlocked, say the Alpha costume and dual pistols and a free slot, it would have been exhausted within a week.  :-[

but then there was not much in City of Heroes to give away as a huge amount of it was already free compared to many games. so maybe not.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 09:28:18 PM »
the fact that this promotion has existed since 2011 and still has a large number of codes yet to be redeemed, sadly, speaks to the low population and low popularity of Champions. I imagine had they offered a similar package for City of Heroes that unlocked, say the Alpha costume and dual pistols and a free slot, it would have been exhausted within a week.  :-[

but then there was not much in City of Heroes to give away as a huge amount of it was already free compared to many games. so maybe not.

The amount of codes replenishes every so often. They do not run out.
Spess

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 09:31:40 PM »
Oh, did not see that. nevermind then.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 01:46:01 AM »
Thanks, KT! If you know where my secondary account can get the Night Avenger AT for free, please feel free to post that, too!

EDIT: Um, about how long does the unlock take to filter down to the character creator? My account shows the promotion activated, but, a few minutes after activating it, the AT is still unavailable.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:52:26 AM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 02:44:02 AM »
Thanks, KT! If you know where my secondary account can get the Night Avenger AT for free, please feel free to post that, too!

EDIT: Um, about how long does the unlock take to filter down to the character creator? My account shows the promotion activated, but, a few minutes after activating it, the AT is still unavailable.
If I find it, believe me, you guys will be the first to know.

Sadly, it might take a while.  Depends on how often CO updates from the account servers.  With me, it was there within 24 hours.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 03:10:37 AM »
I stumbled onto the solution. I clicked the darkened Devastator selector, clicked "Buy Devastator", and then had to click "Claim" in order to finalize it.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 03:13:25 AM »
Oh right - I forgot.

Yeah, there's an additional step.  Ingame, on either an existing character or new character, you have to go into the Zen Store and claim the rewards.  I'll add that to the list.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 05:05:13 PM »
My Review as a Devastator who recently dinged 40:

The Devastator rocks.

Mine's got half the gear of my Unleashed who is my first and favorite and I still have to toss a coin for who to play.

The thing I like about playing Lee is that he has solid dps and can usually stay alive on his own. I have a look and name and playstyle with him that's comfortable.

With Meaty, he gets to alter his environment more. He gets to send flaming strips of sometimes party member saving knockdown destruction in every direction while the other melee are running around trying to hit their next target. Then when he sees the worst mess, he wades in and starts beating on stuff until it gets knocked down or peeved enough at him that mob attention turns to his undergeared 10k+ hps. He doesn't get knocked down much either.

*WhaBAAM* *WhaBAAM*

Devastator gives me a little bit of that good ol' TW Brute w/fast recharge feeling with the added bonus of getting a version of the fast ranged knockdown attack from Claws (when properly slotted) that I always liked to have for when the time was right.

Two big thumbs up.

The attacks have a kind of Thor theme to them. Especially the final (aoe) attack where I raise up my hammer and slam the handle into the ground. *WhaBAAM*. The only thing that's missing is the lightning.

Devastators are late bloomers and there are several game changing stages with them. So if you enjoy playing yours, stick with it, they just get better. I'm at 40 and still looking forward to the boost that good gear and toys should give.

Also worth noting - as with Titan Weapons in CoH, Devastator attacks can either be pretty awesome or very annoying and ineffective depending on your playstyle. Some people just were/weren't meant to play TW and Devastators.

~~~
Imo this is a worthy AT to enjoy as-is, to steal attacks from for your FF, or to make a uber FF out of.
                                                                    ~~~

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>