Author Topic: TNT/HeroStats, neither will see that I'm online?  (Read 18244 times)

Grinnz

Re: TNT/HeroStats, neither will see that I'm online?
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2008, 04:51:10 AM »
HeroStats does read the CoH executable in order to figure out where to look in memory for stuff. If your Cityofheroes.exe file isn't accessible, that would cause the problem. I don't know for sure why your external drive would matter, but it's a possibility.
That would make sense. No reason it wouldn't be able to find it, but obviously it isn't. (and TNT isn't either.)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 04:33:24 PM »
That would make sense. No reason it wouldn't be able to find it, but obviously it isn't. (and TNT isn't either.)

Grinnz, it seems we've missed this Thread after trying to keep up with the other issues on this Forum.  Have you had any success in getting the TNT to work on your PC?

If you are still using your External Drive, have you tried installing everything on it to see if it would work.  This being your Game, the HS and TNT Clients, and whatever else you've installed pertaining to the CoX Client.  Perhaps dumping everything into the same Drive (as everything is normally defaulted all under the C Drive) would allow everything to read/function properly.

Thrillseeker

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 06:23:37 AM »
I am with Grnnz on this one. My Titan Network Tracker (v1.0.3.5) isn't tracking anything. My Herostats, version 4.0.0.0 IS tracking things locally. No idea if it is exchanging info with the mothership. My installation of both products has not changed since the last time they were working fully. Same with CoH. Same directories, same OS (XP Pro). I have all the latest .NET patches and versions.

Is it working for anyone?

In a casual look through the visible characters listed on the database online, I can't see anyone with a 'last played' date more recent than late Jan 2008 or early Feb 2008.

Homeslice513

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 01:33:21 PM »
I am with Grnnz on this one. My Titan Network Tracker (v1.0.3.5) isn't tracking anything. My Herostats, version 4.0.0.0 IS tracking things locally. No idea if it is exchanging info with the mothership. My installation of both products has not changed since the last time they were working fully. Same with CoH. Same directories, same OS (XP Pro). I have all the latest .NET patches and versions.

Is it working for anyone?

In a casual look through the visible characters listed on the database online, I can't see anyone with a 'last played' date more recent than late Jan 2008 or early Feb 2008.

Just wanted to say everything is working for me and the funny thing is herostats used to not work for me but now it does. I am using Vista and who knows what settings I changed to make sure everything was working but I would think without  UAC in xp you shouldn't really have any issues.

I am just not sure how Stats or Titan actually locates the files and knows to read them.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 05:26:10 PM »
The CGT homepage tells me that there are 54 people online right now, so I'm pretty confident that it's working, for the most part.

Not being on Vista I'm not really sure why you wouldn't be tracking.

You said you are "with Grinnz" - does that mean you are running CoH off a separate hard drive than the Titan install?

Homeslice513

• Underling
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 06:17:54 PM »
I just wanted to do a test today and see what happened.

Herostats updates and works for all the sites for me. I did have to run it as administrator but other than that it did work. I also have them all in the default location (C drive)

Thrillseeker

• Underling
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2008, 12:51:41 AM »
I, too, have them all on the same drive on the machine that I use both on. (If that sentence parses.)

I have tweaked some firewall stuff (McAffe said TnT was set to outbound-only... I gave full access to try that), we will see if that corrects things. Strange thing for me is that it all worked fine until early Feb. None of my character listings in the online DB have updated since then.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2008, 12:54:47 AM »
Have you attempted a Fresh Install of TNT?  I mean, if all else fails, Uninstall it and clear out anything you can find in regards to the Application, then do a fresh Download and try again.  Perhaps a File got corrupted, in which case a Fresh Install would be the way to go.