Author Topic: Mission Fixes (Maybe)  (Read 3983 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Mission Fixes (Maybe)
« on: July 24, 2013, 02:23:57 AM »

So I think I'm starting to see some mission fixes being made in CO.

The often-bugged "Delivery of the Dead" mission in Vibora Bay's Queen City arc worked without a hitch for me the last time I tried it. \

I'd had a "Divers in Danger" mission in Lemuria for probably 3 or 4 months now that seemed to be bugged ... the divers were nowhere to be found.

Tonight, they showed up without a hitch. I found them THREE times actually.

I like to think that's a sign the new Devs are actually doing some stuff in CO.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
Re: Mission Fixes (Maybe)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 09:22:17 AM »
Well if they are I wish to hell that they'd TELL US what they're doing and document it in some patch notes!

JRVthatsME

• Lieutenant
  • When times are hard, take a stand and dont give up
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 01:20:00 AM »
It could be that they are very busy trying to deal with the shear volume of fixes that have needed to be done over the years they haven't yet had time to sort through what they've done in a way that they could explain it in patch notes. Perhaps there's a time frame they need to get the fixes done by too. If Cryptic North is mainly to be focused on Champions Online I wonder is any of the Paragon Studios staff who are know with Cryptic will eventually be transferred to Cryptic North. Probably not but the idea of them working on a superhero mmo that we play does seem by right in a little way.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 03:03:28 AM »
It could be that they are very busy trying to deal with the shear volume of fixes that have needed to be done over the years they haven't yet had time to sort through what they've done in a way that they could explain it in patch notes. Perhaps there's a time frame they need to get the fixes done by too. If Cryptic North is mainly to be focused on Champions Online I wonder is any of the Paragon Studios staff who are know with Cryptic will eventually be transferred to Cryptic North. Probably not but the idea of them working on a superhero mmo that we play does seem by right in a little way.

Matt said at C2E2 that he hadn't played Champions Online or DC Online.

I am sure that Matt or any of the other old Paragon Devs would do a professional job on CO given the resources they'd have, but I don't think they'd enjoy it very much.  As professionals, I'm sure they're happier at games like STO or Neverwinter that have more support which would allow them the resources and tools to do a better job.

Champions needs some Devs who can be passionate about THAT game, THAT lore.

I do wonder what sort of game Cryptic will work on next though ... if I were Jack I'd be wanting to make something that hued as close to the COH model as possible, but that's just me, and Cryptic probably needs a higher level of probable profit than such a game would allow them.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 04:18:13 AM »
yeah the zombie crate mission is fixed or did you get lucky?

And yes Arcana while it would be nice ( I think, assuming they wont try to transform it into COX lite), it looks like it would be a boar of a job, yes boar!, to work on that game with no resources for experienced guys like them. 

And yeah CO could use a passionate dev or two and couple of passionate tech support people. I envision current CO tech support people being bright but lazy fat dudes in food stained rock band t-shirts that surf the net all day but complain about being overworked and may fix a bug here and there or answer a ticket every so often on every third Tuesdays between 2pm and 2:03pm and only on full moons and when Jupiter and Saturn line up. :p

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 08:21:14 AM »
The often-bugged "Delivery of the Dead" mission in Vibora Bay's Queen City arc worked without a hitch for me the last time I tried it.

The bug was that the zombies don't spawn if you hit the crates with an energy builder, if I recall correctly. So if you by pure chance just happened to use anything else on them, it'd have seemed fixed.

I'd had a "Divers in Danger" mission in Lemuria for probably 3 or 4 months now that seemed to be bugged ... the divers were nowhere to be found.

Tonight, they showed up without a hitch. I found them THREE times actually.

I actually did that one last night, saw one diver but that was it. The mission seemed to give me credit for a rescue whenever I killed a master villain rank shark anyway, though. At least one I killed definitely wasn't chasing anything but I still got credit.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 10:54:37 AM »
The bug was that the zombies don't spawn if you hit the crates with an energy builder, if I recall correctly. So if you by pure chance just happened to use anything else on them, it'd have seemed fixed.

I actually did that one last night, saw one diver but that was it. The mission seemed to give me credit for a rescue whenever I killed a master villain rank shark anyway, though. At least one I killed definitely wasn't chasing anything but I still got credit.

I don't think the energy builder was the bug in Delivery of the Dead. I recall it being an AOE attack that would not get you zombies ... also I did it on a character once where pets would not cause a zombie summons.

For a while, "Divers in Danger" would not work even if you did kill a Great White Shark even in the mission area. (And when the mission DID work I killed a Great White not chasing a diver and didn't get any credit.

When it's working a diver will appear among the jellyfish. I got credit for that when he spawned there twice.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 10:56:12 AM »
yeah the zombie crate mission is fixed or did you get lucky?

And yes Arcana while it would be nice ( I think, assuming they wont try to transform it into COX lite), it looks like it would be a boar of a job, yes boar!, to work on that game with no resources for experienced guys like them. 

And yeah CO could use a passionate dev or two and couple of passionate tech support people. I envision current CO tech support people being bright but lazy fat dudes in food stained rock band t-shirts that surf the net all day but complain about being overworked and may fix a bug here and there or answer a ticket every so often on every third Tuesdays between 2pm and 2:03pm and only on full moons and when Jupiter and Saturn line up. :p

My hunch is there are no support people for CO. It's just part of the work given to the techs who support STO or Neverwinter and they fit in CO when they feel like it. :D

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 04:58:23 PM »

Yeah I used every combination of power. Some people say don't use energy builder others say use only energy builder use only aoes do not use aoes, one shot it don't one shot it. All those didn't make a lick of a difference in my experience.