Author Topic: Cant replace COH. But great game : Planetside 2  (Read 1145 times)

InfinityParagon

• Underling
Cant replace COH. But great game : Planetside 2
« on: July 19, 2013, 06:27:03 PM »
Hello guys.

Its been how long now?
and out of the blue I really wished I could just log in my Claws/Regen and tear it up...

Anyways, not as a replacement but as a genuinely FUN (FPS) game I kinda tried out Planetside 2 on a whim

Great decision!

If a sci-Fi FPS combined arms game. So infantry/ vehicle and air gameplay. If you cant aim for crap, there are very valuable support roles, medic (heal and revives) and engineer (repairing friendly MAX Minimech suits and friendly vehicles), in fact those support roles are some of the best way to gain xp.

Its all PVP, three faction wars. The lack of PVE would have scared me off a few years ago, but I can attest to it being a blast, unlike most other shooters, the large battles can involve hundreads of people. there is currently three contienets that you fight on desert, mountainous/lush green, and ice. With a jungle type one to release in the future.

Pros: free, xp is earned by simple playing to upgrade vehicles and gear. Weapons are unlocked in the same mannor, or purchased for real money "stationcash". stationcash is also used to purchase the many cosmetic items and xp boosts.

Cons: Population of the three empires can get out of hand from server to server, an issue with one faction overwhelming the main one I play on has recently evened itself out.

So my main point. If you want a great game to try, This is it. EVEN BETTER if you help me out and follow the link to those evil recruiting schemes that I hate so much, yet am reduced to trying, you get a boost and another item if you decide to spend money on, and I get swag if enough people spend a bit of money on it. So at least im honest why I took the time to do this.

https://recruit.soe.com/recruit/smlanding.action?iId=MYAKVUE4OZDLRELHKXI9&gamecode=PS2

Other wise just go to Planetside 2 .com and see for yourself.

I would not suggest this to fellow Paragonians (even for swag) if I did not believe it was actually a great game.

Thanks for your time

Former Bio_Haz on Infinity, and many many others.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
Re: Cant replace COH. But great game : Planetside 2
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 07:51:44 PM »
While I haven't played it in a few months, Planetside 2 is quite fun and has a massive sense of scale (and the aesthetics are nothing to sneeze at). The only downside I'd mention is that sometimes zergs just don't encounter heavy resistance and become continent-sized tank roflstomps. I'm rather fond of the lightning tank, packs a punch, has some acceleration, and with lock-on jamming IR Smoke and some cover, the lightning tank is quite durable (so long as no jerk's randomly placed c4 in the road  >:( ).

Some random screenshots, so anyone who is interested can see what the game looks like.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
Re: Cant replace COH. But great game : Planetside 2
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 08:14:18 PM »
The thing I would caution about Planetside 2 is that it really needs a solid set up in order to run it properly. My system is set up to run anything the current console generation can throw at it - maybe not at max graphical settings but a sight better then you'll find on the consoles I guarentee.

Planetside 2 was barely playable for me, even with everything set deliberately to low. I simply did not have the processing power available to show me everything that is happening. I died depressingly often from enemies I literally could not see as my processor struggled to keep up with everything on the screen.

Now away from the high combat zones this wasn't a huge issue and I was able to partake in rear guards or scouting actions. The problem I was having was the minute any amount of players gathered in sufficient numbers, things started going very bad.

Just figured I'd throw that in there. For what its worth Planetside 2 seems like a heck of a lot of fun, especially as a Free to Play Title. But it's very much a processor hog and you need the proper machine to play it.
All that I'm after is a life filled with laughter