Author Topic: Oh my gosh...  (Read 3061 times)

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
Oh my gosh...
« on: July 19, 2013, 05:40:18 AM »
So, back in the day I had to get support for connectivity issuses for an ncsoft game... I have a server IP. pp@ file. this file either belongs to CoH or lineage 2. I have the whole diagnostic file but cant attach it...

Omega Mark V

• Boss
Re: Oh my gosh...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 01:59:42 PM »
O.o

So... you mean... If I'm understanding what you're saying....

... We have a possibility to make a server?
- Omega Mk. V

Stone Daemon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 02:11:24 PM »
So you're thinking that not only would it still be valid, but that nobody would notice a bunch of people connecting to it?

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 03:42:44 PM »
99.999% not valid any more. The servers have been shut down.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 03:44:30 PM »
Can you ping the IP or do a tracert to it?
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 06:50:18 AM »
doubtful, if it was city of heroes it wont get a response, it may be lineage 2. my point is. I may have an IP adress of what was one of the CoH servers, when i was getting support for connectivity issues with ncsoft. If anybody has a program for to try to ping the IP I will try it.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 06:51:37 AM »
if I try it, A no ping is a good ping eh ;) anyone got a program

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 07:07:17 AM »
64.25.35.103 NA server trace

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 07:08:44 AM »
That IP address either belongs to Lineage 2's chronos server or CoH Freedom server  :-X

Graydar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 11:02:16 AM »
From even a quick google search, it appears that this IP is used for the authorization server for Aion..

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 03:24:47 PM »
I don't have them anymore but when I was trying to get ncsoft to address their network issues, I put wireshark on my connection to watch the traffic.  I seem to remember the game using a 206.x.x.x as the actual game servers.  I also remember them using encrypted packets for a fair amount of the traffic.  The 64.whatevers seemed to be login servers.  I do remember them being AD based Kerberos logins.  Also, I remember the game starting to talk to a 206 lightly until I picked a toon and entered the world.  Then the 206 packets started streaming.  My efforts had little effect other than to get their security team to want me to prove I owned a license for the game.  Of course they became more helpful when I listed about 12 different licenses for game clients, booster packs, and other content we were forced to buy licenses to access not to mention the fact I was playing since coh beta.
No Surrender!

sorinkon

• Lieutenant
  • CoH WILL RISE AGAIN IN MINECRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • COH Minecraft
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 04:46:50 AM »
my advice to everyone on this subject is if your gonna try it.... get a proxxy