Author Topic: SAVE COH RADIO! JULY 20TH  (Read 3058 times)

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
SAVE COH RADIO! JULY 20TH
« on: July 19, 2013, 04:41:00 AM »
(All apologies on the latenesS of this getting out this week. Please note the time change for this week to Saturday
and not Friday this week!)

On November 30th, 2012, NCSoft shut off the greatest online super-powered role-playing game ever, however,
that only turned UP the resolve of its gaming community! Join Rich (a.k.a. Pogoman) and his trusted, loyal,
sidekick, Suzy the Elf, as they take to the airwaves weekly to discuss the plight of the greatest gaming community
in the history of the world! Tune in to see what the players are doing to bring back their beloved City! Join them in their greatest fight ever!
Callers are welcome to join in on air! Friday night, 7pm-9pm EST!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theelf/2013/07/20/save-coh-radio

This week we'd love to hear from all of you! Call in and talk about your favorite things from CoH! Memories,missions,
TFs, characters, groups, etc. Or, just call in to say hello!
Let's tell everyone why we are fighting to get our City back!

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
Re: SAVE COH RADIO! JULY 20TH
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 08:39:15 PM »
Friendly reminder: Less than 2.5 hours til showtime! Suzy can't make it :( . I was hoping Tony V would be around but I haven't heard from him all week either. :( So if you're a listener tonight, don't be afraid to call in otherwise it will be me babbling all night. We all know we don't want that to happen!!

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 01:27:26 AM »
Hey guys, sorry, the truth is I kind of conked out today after working almost two weeks straight without any days off.  :(  I don't know if I can make it next week either, as I'm going out of town.  But I'll definitely try my best to make it for the first show in August.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 01:29:46 AM »
Hey guys, sorry, the truth is I kind of conked out today after working almost two weeks straight without any days off.  :(  I don't know if I can make it next week either, as I'm going out of town.  But I'll definitely try my best to make it for the first show in August.
Working hard TonyV? Well have to make that paper right?

Thanks to gov. cutbacks, I'm on 4 day work weeks until the new budget aka sept 30th. And they are already talking about making people that are in their retirement window, civilian, part time cutting their hours in half and early retiring them for the next fiscal year. But that wont affet me yet as I have about 9 years left (if I wanted to retire at 38 but probably wont.)

MakoMako

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 05:32:57 PM »
Working hard TonyV? Well have to make that paper right?

Thanks to gov. cutbacks, I'm on 4 day work weeks until the new budget aka sept 30th. And they are already talking about making people that are in their retirement window, civilian, part time cutting their hours in half and early retiring them for the next fiscal year. But that wont affet me yet as I have about 9 years left (if I wanted to retire at 38 but probably wont.)

People in the service are being affected pretty badly by that these days, yeah. I lost an opportunity for 60 days paid training all because some people managing money for my Unit somehow had "nothing left" in the budget. Which has supposedly never happened before.

Furlough has left the reserve element in pretty bad shape. There are established days that our MPF is shut down just to save money.

I think we'll -all- be affected by these cutbacks eventually. I'm sometimes wondering if my very job is in jeopardy.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 05:41:18 PM »
People in the service are being affected pretty badly by that these days, yeah. I lost an opportunity for 60 days paid training all because some people managing money for my Unit somehow had "nothing left" in the budget. Which has supposedly never happened before.

Furlough has left the reserve element in pretty bad shape. There are established days that our MPF is shut down just to save money.

I think we'll -all- be affected by these cutbacks eventually. I'm sometimes wondering if my very job is in jeopardy.

Yeah "paid training" is a taboo statement now. It might be that they really had no money or that they couldnt get it approved. lol.

But more importantly I hope you keep your job in the end.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 04:35:00 PM »

I'm stuck on the furlough schedule, too. And while I'm approaching minimum retirement (I have to put in 31 years for minimum retirement, as I'll be 54 when I hit 30 years, and minimum age is 55), I want to stay on until I max out my CSRS. Fortunately, I'm in the position of being the only person where I work (and, judging from last week's JCAHO outbrief, possibly the only person in the entire MHS) who can do what I do, so I don't think they're going to be trying to push me out.

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 09:45:20 PM »
For those people who missed the show or haven't listened via archive..SHAME ON YOU!! I keed I keed!! However, since it was Comic-Con weekend (I'm talking the BIG ONE- THE SAN DIEGO NTERNATIONAL COMIC-CON!) I had LOTS of news tidbits from the con I talked about. So, yes, even though the show is mostly me talking by myself, lots of awesome Comic-Con news!! Go listen now!! :)

No worries, Tony V, we always appreciate when you do show up. :) Do whatcha gotta do! :)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 11:14:54 PM »
I had LOTS of news tidbits

Mmmmmm... tidbits. *om nom nom*

...wait a sec. TIDbits? T-I-D? Well I'll be. That whole show I thought you were saying TIMbits.

Huh. Go figure.

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 05:44:02 AM »
Mmmmmm... tidbits. *om nom nom*

...wait a sec. TIDbits? T-I-D? Well I'll be. That whole show I thought you were saying TIMbits.

Huh. Go figure.

DOH!! facepalm