Author Topic: wtg CO  (Read 5933 times)

blackjak

• Elite Boss
Re: wtg CO
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 11:08:14 PM »
Ok. Logged out and went to STO. Chose US proxy server in the options at log in and....Holy Crap! Worlds of difference! Things loaded fast and no probs so far. Must be my IP.... >:(
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Empyrean

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2013, 08:06:29 PM »
Yep, CO forums are one giant unicorn-fest sad to say. I'm actually not surprised that the new dev team hasn't said much given the ungrateful attitude most of the forum users tend to display. 

I stopped going over there any more than I absolutely had too... I'd rather interact with people that don't complain constantly (*cough*titannetwork*cough*).  :)

edited for content cause i broke the curse word filter...  :-[

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you. 

Just because there are complainers on the CO forums, it doesn't mean that there's nothing wrong with the game.  They have serious problems over there.  But, Jack doesn't listen to anyone, so complaining isn't going to help.

However, both positive and negative feedback are both equally essential for a balanced view.  "Yes men" are notorious for leading projects astray.  All-positive feedback is only half the picture.  I understand trying to stay positive, but intolerance towards negativity is proven to be tremendously counterproductive. 

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 08:07:03 AM »
Still a pretty solid connection here. Not getting a lot of play time but it's all been good.

If you do a trace route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com and there is a timeout on the last hop - it's PWE and I don't think there's much you can do about it but at least you'll know what's going on.

If you do a force verify in Options on the launcher and then hit ctrl-c you can see if there are any hoggs having probs. The same error info, if any, is also in hog_errors.log. The patcher will find problems on a verify but not (ever?) always fix them. If there's a hogg file giving an error just delete it and let the patcher re-download it.

CO seems to unrarely get problems with hogg files and I think STO, too. Just for kicks, a scandisk isn't a bad idea just in case a drive problem is causing hogg probs.

Losing packets PWEside and magically corrupting hogg files on my side have been the major troublemakers for me so far I think.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2013, 01:07:54 PM »
Still a pretty solid connection here. Not getting a lot of play time but it's all been good.

If you do a trace route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com and there is a timeout on the last hop - it's PWE and I don't think there's much you can do about it but at least you'll know what's going on.

If you do a force verify in Options on the launcher and then hit ctrl-c you can see if there are any hoggs having probs. The same error info, if any, is also in hog_errors.log. The patcher will find problems on a verify but not (ever?) always fix them. If there's a hogg file giving an error just delete it and let the patcher re-download it.

CO seems to unrarely get problems with hogg files and I think STO, too. Just for kicks, a scandisk isn't a bad idea just in case a drive problem is causing hogg probs.

Losing packets PWEside and magically corrupting hogg files on my side have been the major troublemakers for me so far I think.

Yeah I had that problem once. Took three days (two spent on them going through the usual BS over and over and literally had to request to transfer me to another tech support person before they started to actual do something. I swear I think those tech support people are allergic to work.) to show them that the connection is not on my end nor my IP end. I literally had to show them the hop that was dropping packets belonged to them and the ip that the hop gave was registered to them by emailing them the location and owner information of that particular hop. Then finally after all that did they come clean and say they been having trouble with that hop and was plan on working on it the next maint. schedule. After the maint. time, no more problems.