Author Topic: Where Are They Now?  (Read 7294 times)

Steelclaw

• Lieutenant
Where Are They Now?
« on: July 15, 2013, 07:33:47 PM »

Ad_Astra

• Lieutenant
Re: Where Are They Now?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 09:25:30 PM »
Yay! Yay! Yay!

A new Steelclaw list!

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 12:21:06 AM »
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

emperorsteele

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 01:49:11 AM »
Haha, nice! I enjoyed the Brad Pitt brick-joke!

nethergoat

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 04:12:45 AM »
Super happy to see Steelclaw back with a new list, it makes everything seem better somehow.

Thank you so much, Steel!

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 04:30:55 AM »
I do recall going to bricks just to train up at Swan...never mattered what level I was... ;)
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 05:16:45 AM »
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 05:23:40 AM »
I always referred to Sands as "Arbiter Elvis"! I'm glad someone else corroborated that.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Wulfen

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 05:50:55 AM »

Good stuff!

I hear The Golden Roller got his wheels repo'd, and has to get around on a moped.

Also, The Radio is doing Top 40 now.

Ice Trix

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 10:35:10 AM »
Laughing lots - Thanks :)

Bloodspeaker2

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 10:36:46 AM »
Sounds like Brad Pitt got rid of two things he didn't need...

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 11:01:07 AM »
Excellent. Just excellent.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 11:29:16 AM »
Thanks Steelclaw! I always love your work, and it's great to hear what everybody's up to! :D

Y'know... just between you and me, I heard a couple things myself.

It seems Lady Grey has taken up arts and crafts. She gets a lot of orders on Etsy for her Vanguard Heavy plushies in particular. She used to make a series of Red Cap lawn ornaments, but she kept waking up to find them smashed to pieces with smoking jack o'lanterns lying in the rubble. So now she's focusing on developing a line of Rikti bobbleheads instead. One of them's going to be wearing a bushy beard and winter clothing; she's calling him U'Kon Cor'Nelius.

Crimson and Indigo are in the middle of filming a reality show called "Secret Agent: Celebrity Edition". Pink spent the first couple episodes thinking she was one of the judges, what with the whole color-name thing. Not to mention the scene where they try to squeeze Gary Busey into his leather stealth suit. The first episode is set to air sometime in October. It's on Netflix only.

Serge isn't doing so hot these days. With so few heroes needing tailoring, Icon had to close down most of its Paragon City branches. Lauren was snapped up by a group in New York, and Carson started his own place in LA, but Serge refused to leave. Then Trina the Body Sculptress moved in across the street and even Serge's branch had to shut its doors. Now he's partnered with Wal-Mart to release "SpandXL", a line of heroic-themed clothing for plus-sized figures.

Sally has become a lot more friendly now that people aren't attacking her every day, and appears on the shores of Lake Salamanca all the time. She has even been known to pose for tourist photos and the occasional promotional poster. "Sally Says Swim Safe!"

Jack Wolfe, realizing his old career was finished, tried to start over as a stand-up comedian. Unfortunately his "You might be a Luddite if..." jokes were a complete dud, and people quickly dismissed him as ripping off Rodney Dangerfield when he kept repeating "No respecs! I got no respecs!"

Nobody's heard from Percy Winkley in months now.

For some unknown reason, the Midnighter Club has become more effective than ever. According to Montague Castanella, they have so much free time on their hands lately that they've even begun holding monthly bake sales for charity. Their most popular dishes are the signature Midnighter Club Sandwich, and the crowd favorite Cinna-rora Buns.

Mender Roebuck tried his hand at stock trading, thinking he could strike it rich with his knowledge of the future, but he was soon arrested for trying to run a scam. Try as he might, he just couldn't convince the bank that "influence" made a far better currency than money.

Flambeaux has become a world-wide YouTube sensation. Her signature series "Five Minutes with Flambeaux" (not a single episode of which has ever run less than forty minutes) gets a million hits a day. She talks... and talks, and talks, and talks... about shopping, fashion, shopping fashions, and fashionable shopping to an audience numbering in the millions. She has released two unsuccessful music albums, an autobiography called "Like, Totally a Hero", and is set to make her small screen debut in October with the premiere of "Secret Agent: Celebrity Edition".

The Shining Stars eventually broke up, citing creative differences. Flambeaux wanted to focus on her solo career and Grym said "he felt nobody was taking their group seriously". Soon after, Proton began work on a techno-electronic album featuring Twinshot and Dillo on vocals. The lead single, "Achy Breaky Hoorb", is gaining immense popularity in Germany and Japan.

FourSpeed

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 08:11:55 PM »
<rofl>

Thanks for the chuckles Steelclaw - amusing stuff as always.

...and, a fine follow-up, Triplash.  Good Stuff!   ;D

Cheers,

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 08:18:39 PM »
Midnighter Club Sandwhich... I'm calling the pun police drones in on that one

thanks for the chuckles all... now to go find that download of Achey breaky Hoorb
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 10:55:36 PM »

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 12:55:12 AM »
I was just happy to see Admissions Officer Lenk get that nice job doing commercials for AT&T.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 01:44:12 AM »
I laughed out loud.

I'm not ashamed to admit that.  ;D
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 05:38:49 PM »

Lusca went downhill and got into abuse of recreational substances, resulting in some embarrassing photos ...

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2013, 02:16:07 AM »
Lusca went downhill and got into abuse of recreational substances, resulting in some embarrassing photos ...
Love is indeed a many-tentacled thing...