Author Topic: Finally saw "Resident Evil: Retribution"  (Read 3502 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Finally saw "Resident Evil: Retribution"
« on: July 01, 2013, 03:08:06 AM »
Watching Alice fight the zombies in the long, white corridor, early in the movie, reminded me of the Black Widow fighting her way into Hammer's building in "Iron Man 2". The similarity got me to imagining Alice and Natasha battling it out. Now, THAT would be a brawl to watch.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Razy

• Minion
Re: Finally saw "Resident Evil: Retribution"
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 09:34:11 PM »
Watching Alice go after a monster to rescue the kid. It reminded me of Helen Ripley when she faced the alien queen to save the kid.  ;D

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 12:15:14 AM »
I thought the same thing. At least Betsy didn't keep screaming her head off, the way Newt did.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 01:11:09 AM »
Alice would win.  Much as I like Black Widow, her abilities, and her outfits, there is no way Alice would even come close to losing one on one in a fair fight.  None.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 02:10:19 AM »
BW's gadgets might help even the field some. Speaking of which, it occurs to me to wonder something about her. I'd been pairing Marvel and DC characters with similar themes: Green Arrow and Hawkeye, Flash and Quicksilver, etc. With BW being so highly trained and at the peak of human physical ability, when you add in the gadgets, might she be Marvel's Batman equivalent?

Also, does the DC universe have a Spider-Man equivalent of some sort?

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 06:13:20 AM »
Despite having owned the film since it was released on DVD, I've yet to actually watch it. Afterlife left that bad a taste in my mouth. Honestly, I bought it more to say I have the complete set then anything else.

Also, does the DC universe have a Spider-Man equivalent of some sort?

The only character that strikes me as coming close would be the Blue Beetle. Genius level IQ, Athletic, and the majority of them received their gifts via a special insect (Mystical Scarab as opposed to Radioactive Spider).
All that I'm after is a life filled with laughter

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 10:03:06 PM »
Sorry, my mistake. "Theme" was poor wording; I meant more along the lines of power sets. I'd think that Blue Beetle was Iron Man's counterpart, myself - both using armor and gadgets. Spider-Man's counterpart would be someone who uses agility to avoid damage, and who has some equivalent of Spidey's webbing, or uses something in that same way, to grab and bind an opponent, as well as having the melee capability. I wouldn't be surprised if he has no DC counterpart.

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 12:08:24 AM »
Iron Man's parallel is Batman. Both rich orphans who inherited their money early and went radically different ways with it.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 01:07:27 AM »
Rust, I greatly hope that you're just funnin' me.

If we're to go by personal lives, then that would mean that Green Arrow and Hawkeye are not counterparts, one being a billionaire playboy, and the other being a former circus roustabout and criminal. But, if you were to go by power sets - Archery and Trick Arrow in CoH - the toon could become Green Arrow or Hawkeye. So, if you were to take the power sets that make up Batman (Martial Arts or Street Justice, and Devices, in CoH, if you could take from two different ATs - or Unarmed and Gadgeteering, in CO), then what Marvel character could that also be? That's why I put Bats and Black Widow together. And Iron Man and Blue Beetle would both be Power Armor.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:15:11 PM by Super Firebug »

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 01:10:46 PM »
Well, DC has Black spider, but he's not quite a hero...
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 09:07:17 PM »
Rust, I greatly hope that you're just funnin' me.

If we're to go by personal lives, then that would mean that Green Arrow and Hawkeye are not counterparts, one being a billionaire playboy, and the other being a former circus roustabout and criminal. But, if you were to go by power sets - Archery and Trick Arrow in CoH - the toon could become Green Arrow or Hawkeye. So, if you were to take the power sets that make up Batman (Martial Arts or Street Justice, and Devices, in CoH, if you could take from two different ATs - or Unarmed and Gadgeteering, in CO), then what Marvel character could that also be? That's why I put Bats and Black Widow together. And Iron Man and Blue Beetle would both be Power Armor.

Yeah, but I mean in perspective to their influence in their universes. Tony and Bruce are arguably the two premiere "Rich Guys" of their brands.

And not for nothing, but during the Marvel and DC Mash Up in the 90s, Batman was pitted against Captain America as his "counterpart". Along with Hulk and Superman, Thor and Captain Marvel/Shazam, Elektra and Catwoman, Spider-Man (Ben Reilly) and Superboy...