Author Topic: www.cityofheroes.ca Forums now open.  (Read 6291 times)

CraZboy

• Minion
www.cityofheroes.ca Forums now open.
« on: June 28, 2013, 10:22:09 PM »
Greetings all.
As many of you know, I've been working on recreating cityofheroes.com.  You can see my efforts at http://www.cityofheroes.ca.

I'm posting to let you all know that I managed to re-create the CoH forums.  Well, I couldn't recover all the posts, but I did manage to make them look like our old forums.  So, please stop by, and give a shout out!!

http://www.cityofheroes.ca/community/boards/

The site is almost done.  Recreating the forums just took a while, that with real life lurking around every corner.

Enjoy all!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: www.cityofheroes.ca Forums now open.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 10:34:03 PM »
Awsome.  Already registered but I cannot seem to post anything :).
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

primeknight

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 07:38:19 AM »
Awesome,

I just registered and posted in the Liberty server section. (Prime_Knight) (Prime_Knight was my handle over on cityofheroes.com)

Very cool dude.  Thank you so much!

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 08:48:58 AM »
Even if it isn't the EXACT same forums, it still EXTREMELY good work. Props, and thank you so much. I haven't used the forum Handle "funnyhero/funnyhalo" in years, but I might have to register as that.

Edit: Oh goody. Some *ssh*les decided to start spamming the forums. One guy in french. >.>. Looks like your going to need moderators.

Edit dos: May I make a suggestion? Perhaps make it so names like Stateman, Positron, etc are not allowed to be chosen? That's really all it is, a suggestion. But it would make it feel more like home.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 11:21:28 PM »

Edit: Oh goody. Some *ssh*les decided to start spamming the forums. One guy in french. >.>. Looks like your going to need moderators.

Already? those spammers waste no time do they.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 11:55:00 PM »
Edit dos: May I make a suggestion? Perhaps make it so names like Stateman, Positron, etc are not allowed to be chosen? That's really all it is, a suggestion. But it would make it feel more like home.

Ya know what? I can get behind this. Second. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 01:12:07 AM »
All of the former Red Names should be 'retired' and not be allowed for forum use.  Well, unless that actual PERSON wants to post in the forums.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 12:07:11 AM »
Man, you really need to get the spammers under control.  It's not even funny how bad it has already gotten.  If not knocked down, nobody is going to use that, no matter how closely you've recreated the old forums.

I just checked and there's 139 accounts, with 100+ being spammers...

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 12:10:39 AM »
Spammers are probably lackeys for NCSoft.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 12:24:39 AM »
Spammers are probably lackeys for NCSoft.
*facepalm*.

here we go.

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 12:26:06 AM »
lulz

Just go with it, man!

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 12:31:51 AM »
Man, you really need to get the spammers under control.  It's not even funny how bad it has already gotten.  If not knocked down, nobody is going to use that, no matter how closely you've recreated the old forums.

I just checked and there's 139 accounts, with 100+ being spammers...

yeah man. NO mods equal wild wild west.

I mean, remember how civility broke down on an otherwise relatively civil forum when most of the mods left and left just one.

Back in my day when I was mod of the Mercedesforum.com, well by definition I still am, but we had a spam invasion once. We just outright banned them, forever, when it was obvious they were bots, banned by IP. Questionable ones that looked like they might have been a hapless new guy, we asked, warned told them to knock it off and one more time they are out of here (those were usually easy to spot). Of course every now and then, there would be one that try, newbie spammer probably, but dont let it linger. Spam attracts more spam especially in an upstart forum. And when one realize that the message stays there for ages and either take a while to remove or never removed, more. Soon you'll have spam about all types of subjects ranging from spam about some weight loss pill to spam about blue dolphins and I aint talking about the swimming ones.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 12:32:07 AM »
lulz

Just go with it, man!
lol alright man.

Reiraku

• Boss
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 09:01:19 AM »
Long live PWNZ!

Sin Stalker

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 09:24:48 AM »
Can't register. Keeps saying error.

Good looking site though. I missed seeing all that layout.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 11:36:41 AM »
Long live PWNZ!

I want to scold you for that, I really do, but that's just so damn beautiful...

The part of me that wants trolls to explode is at war with the part of me that wants to rickroll the world.

Hnnnggghhh... my brain is about to melt >:( ;D >:( ;D :o

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 01:18:30 PM »
Ok, I'm not a spammer, but I was perma banned. I think I was banned for posting a link to my contest on my YouTube channel for my Book Series. I use the same handle I do here and the contest is listed here as well. Could someone look into this and get it resolved, please?

CraZboy

• Minion
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 12:07:26 PM »
Ok, I'm not a spammer, but I was perma banned. I think I was banned for posting a link to my contest on my YouTube channel for my Book Series. I use the same handle I do here and the contest is listed here as well. Could someone look into this and get it resolved, please?

Just PM me here on Titan with your IP, I'll fix it for ya!
CraZ

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2013, 12:31:46 PM »
CraZyboy, how are all of those spammers getting in? There is a captcha filter. Boggles my mind that robots can get through those now. How?!

In other news, all you need to do now is get your Earth and Beyond forums back up and running.  ;)

They need to get the community server built. When that happens, my two all-time favorite MMORPGs will really be "FREE FOREVER!"

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2013, 12:03:46 AM »
CraZyboy, how are all of those spammers getting in? There is a captcha filter. Boggles my mind that robots can get through those now. How?!
OCR and skilled Dark Coders, obviously.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.