Author Topic: Torchlight FREE on GOG.com - Only 24 hours left!  (Read 2528 times)

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
Torchlight FREE on GOG.com - Only 24 hours left!
« on: June 19, 2013, 08:32:58 AM »
It's a 48 hour freebie but I checked my email late, so at the time of this posting, there's only 24 hours left to grab Torchlight for free! (Normally $14.99)

I haven't played Torchlight 2 yet, but Torchlight is one of the funnest dungeon crawlers I've ever played. It's on my top three list, in third place behind Din's Curse (+ Demon War expansion), which is itself second to the biggest, funnest, most overlooked dungeon crawler in this modern era...Ultima Online. (Don't argue with me, have you played since they added Dungeon Doom or the Stygian Abyss?)

What are you still reading for?!

Come on, really? Still reading???

Seriously!? Go!!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:40:07 AM by Captain Electric »

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: Torchlight FREE on GOG.com - Only 24 hours left!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 09:33:27 AM »
I agree, I picked it up last year in the $10 bin.  If you like a Diablo I style single player dungeon crawl but in true 3D, Torchlight is quite a fun way to kill a couple of hours.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 10:06:26 AM »
I played Torchlight back when it came out, sometimes until I felt glued to my computer chair. So much fun.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 02:36:06 PM »
Grabbed my copy.

I was actually just gonna post about this now.

:)
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 02:40:25 PM »
OK, when I clicked the link in my email, it took me to some other page, and the Torchlight page was still saying $7.99, but with a free DLC pack. This is better. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 09:19:15 AM »
You know, after making that post, I started rethinking my official dungeon crawler top three list. Obviously, MMOs are allowed on it since UO has long had a place there. And I don't think I could knock either UO or Din's Curse+Demon War off.

Which means that Torchlight is finally being retired off of my top three dungeon crawlers list today.  :(

By the way, Neverwinter's "official launch day" is today, June 20th.  ;)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 02:58:54 PM »
Yeah, NWO is "kicking off" their big launch by taking the servers down for maintenance.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 03:11:24 PM »
Yeah, NWO is "kicking off" their big launch by taking the servers down for maintenance.
They have commonly had maintenance on Tuesdays or Thursdays, sometimes both, and it's probably to fiddle with the results of the end of beta event. That thing was giving the server shitfits.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 04:11:58 PM »
Is it bad that whenever I see Aggelakis was the most recent poster, my first that is that someone has misbehaved, and my second is that the thread is closed? ;)

But, to in no way be fair to Cryptic, all three of their games are/were down in the same time window, tho not all for the same amount of time; I believe STO's down time actually started a couple of hours earlier than the other two. I'm not a techy (oh, wait; yes I am), but I don't understand how they are running three games on one server with what, circumstantially, appears to be no redundancy. Either the day that NWO went into open beta or the day the new STO content went live, their data center had a catastrophic failure of what I surmise to be either their border router or the network switch that their server connects to. I obviously have no idea what kind of traffic numbers they are experiencing, but it seems like they would have upgraded some infrastructure, by now.